Mark Jackson backstabbed Stockton?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

ballerblogger
Junior
And1: 0

Mark Jackson backstabbed Stockton? 

Post#1 » by ballerblogger » Fri Aug 7, 2009 4:10 pm

From Jim Souhan of the Star Tribune: "On first glance, Kurt Rambis has nice credentials to be the Wolves coach. But he sure has spent a lot of time avoiding being a head coach. To damn him with faint praise, Kurt Rambis is certainly the best of the candidates interviewed by Big-Brained Basketball Boss David Kahn. Mark Jackson is known in NBA circles for backstabbing John Stockton in Utah and becoming a clubhouse lawyer in Indiana."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/52626587.html

A quick glance at BR.com confirms that Jackson and Stockton spent one year together (2002-03) with the Utah Jazz, but I don't remember reading about any animosity between the two.

Anyone have any info on this?
Xcstacy
Junior

Re: Mark Jackson backstabbed Stockton? 

Post#2 » by Xcstacy » Fri Aug 7, 2009 4:13 pm

Mark Jackson can die, his commenting and overselling players was and is ridiculous.
Magic Mamba
Junior
And1: 22

Post#3 » by Magic Mamba » Fri Aug 7, 2009 4:15 pm

Interesting??!!?!?!
diehardjazzfan
Ballboy

Post#4 » by diehardjazzfan » Fri Aug 7, 2009 4:17 pm

yeah supposedly he was trying to get other teammates to "turn" on Stock but im not sure what for exactly. I have heard this is one of the reasons he decided to retire after playing with Jackson.
Xcstacy
Junior

Post#5 » by Xcstacy » Fri Aug 7, 2009 4:21 pm

I use to be a fan of Minny because of KG, after he got traded I just stopped paying attention to them like they were just another team, but if they hire Jackson I will start to hate them because of the coach. I've never hated a team because of a coach, i've hated a team because of its players but never a coach so this will be new.
Good luck to Minny they have had a tough decade with all those illegal moves they tried to pull which ended up hurting them for years to come maybe they can turn it around soon, but if they hire Mark I will wish nothing but the worst for you.
erudite23
Lead Assistant
And1: 659

Post#6 » by erudite23 » Fri Aug 7, 2009 4:55 pm

Yeah, it was something that the Jazz organization really kept under wraps, but Jackson was able to gain some sway among the younger players in the Jazz locker room and tried his ass off to turn them against Stockton.

That **** can rot in hell.
carrottop12
RealGM
And1: 30

Post#7 » by carrottop12 » Fri Aug 7, 2009 5:05 pm

I used to talk to an old beat writer for the Jazz and according to him Mark Jackson tried to convince the younger players of the Jazz to stop following the lead of Stockton. Mainly I believe it was Jackson talking to DeShawn Stevenson, but from what I heard it was a real war behind closed doors and apparently the locker room was split nearly 50/50 through out the season.

Like diehardjazzfan said it was one of the main reasons Stock called it quits.

Mark Jackson has always had a bit of a vendetta against Stockton, I remember a Dan Patrick interview a couple of years ago after AI got traded to Denver and Patrick was asking Mark Jackson if AI was a cancer and asked about the "practice" issue and Jackson referenced his time in Utah when Stockton and Malone didn't have to run sprints in every practice, and thought that some how that was comparable.

Like somehow a 41 year old John Stockton not running a few sprints in practice is comparable to AI just now showing up to mandatory practices. Well done Mark Jackson you dumb ass.
CrookedJ
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,764

Post#8 » by CrookedJ » Fri Aug 7, 2009 5:15 pm

Bat wrote:I used to talk to an old beat writer for the Jazz and according to him Mark Jackson tried to convince the younger players of the Jazz to stop following the lead of Stockton. Mainly I believe it was Jackson talking to DeShawn Stevenson, but from what I heard it was a real war behind closed doors and apparently the locker room was split nearly 50/50 through out the season.

Like diehardjazzfan said it was one of the main reasons Stock called it quits.

Mark Jackson has always had a bit of a vendetta against Stockton, I remember a Dan Patrick interview a couple of years ago after AI got traded to Denver and Patrick was asking Mark Jackson if AI was a cancer and asked about the "practice" issue and Jackson referenced his time in Utah when Stockton and Malone didn't have to run sprints in every practice, and thought that some how that was comparable.

Like somehow a 41 year old John Stockton not running a few sprints in practice is comparable to AI just now showing up to mandatory practices. Well done Mark Jackson you dumb ass.

You think pudgy Mark Jackson felt he deserved to not run sprints too and it started there?
shawngoat23
Lead Assistant
And1: 286

Post#9 » by shawngoat23 » Fri Aug 7, 2009 5:54 pm

I knew he was probably the stupidest announcer in the NBA, but I didn't know that he was so underhanded.

Mark Jackson, you piece of ****, a 41-year-old Stockton was still better than you ever were.
penbeast0 wrote:Yes, he did. And as a mod, I can't even put him on ignore . . . sigh.
JustBlaze
Starter
And1: 386

Post#10 » by JustBlaze » Fri Aug 7, 2009 5:57 pm

I still have Jackson gets the coaching job in Minny just so we can see him fail
the_real_Cstein
Junior

Post#11 » by the_real_Cstein » Fri Aug 7, 2009 10:47 pm

Go Stockton! Hall of famer yo!

Jackson EPIC FAIL. I don't care for his highlights nor his analysis. Overrated!
My picks for 2012...
CP3_dWill_DRose
D.Wade_B.Roy_A.Iggy
Lebron_Melo_K.durant
D.howard_C.bosh_B.griff
BubbaTee
Head Coach
And1: 546

Post#12 » by BubbaTee » Fri Aug 7, 2009 11:23 pm

Screw Mark Jackson. I knew he was stupid, now I know he's a jerk too.
BlazertheGreek
Pro Prospect
And1: 6

Post#13 » by BlazertheGreek » Fri Aug 7, 2009 11:33 pm

Mark Jackson will never be half the man or player that Stockton was. John Stockton was one of the best point guards ever to play and he is a hall of famer. Jackson on the other hand, a loser announcer who isn't really respected.
CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#14 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Fri Aug 7, 2009 11:48 pm

Lets all give mark jackson one big "**** YOU" eh? :eyebrows:
jflipclip
Pro Prospect
And1: 4

Post#15 » by jflipclip » Fri Aug 7, 2009 11:56 pm

Is this what "hands down, mans down?" refers to? WTF does it mean?!@?!@!#j4
hsb
RealGM
And1: 15,858

Post#16 » by hsb » Sat Aug 8, 2009 12:11 am

Someones mad at being number two.
"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'
CodyB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#17 » by CodyB » Sat Aug 8, 2009 12:28 am

Xcstacy wrote:I use to be a fan of Minny because of KG, after he got traded I just stopped paying attention to them like they were just another team, but if they hire Jackson I will start to hate them because of the coach. I've never hated a team because of a coach, i've hated a team because of its players but never a coach so this will be new.
Good luck to Minny they have had a tough decade with all those illegal moves they tried to pull which ended up hurting them for years to come maybe they can turn it around soon, but if they hire Mark I will wish nothing but the worst for you.

You sond like a real idiot.
I love your mum in my shirt
draft
Starter
And1: 8

Post#18 » by draft » Sat Aug 8, 2009 1:25 am

Just listening to Jackson on tv is annoying, imagine being on the same team and hearing him talk every day. The guy sounds like he has a huge ego.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,043

Post#19 » by jazzfan1971 » Sat Aug 8, 2009 1:34 am

I thought everyone knew he was a lockerroom cancer allready.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#20 » by Throwback24 » Sat Aug 8, 2009 1:41 am

So why exactly are all of you insulting Mark Jackson? How does this pertain to any of you rofl?
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.

Return to The General Board