ImageImageImageImageImage

so i guess we all agree that darko should start, right??

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

so i guess we all agree that darko should start, right?? 

Post#1 » by blueNorange » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:44 am

1. another year of lee losing all but 3 tip offs to start the game must end.
2. teams don't waltz in the paint untouched.
3. someone who has legit size and weight for a center.

besides darko showed good court vision with some nifty passes.

i know d'antoni sees darko coming off the bench for 18ish minutes a night but he should start and get 25 minutes because he's the best the knicks got as how awful and pathetic that sounds.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 23,794

Re: so i guess we all agree that darko should start, right?? 

Post#2 » by NyKnicks1714 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:47 am

blueNorange wrote:1. another year of lee losing all but 3 tip offs to start the game must end.

Is that hyperbole or is it the actual number?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#3 » by blueNorange » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:57 am

NyKnicks1714 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:1. another year of lee losing all but 3 tip offs to start the game must end.

Is that hyperbole or is it the actual number?

taking a wild guess and i'm pretty sure i'm wrong ... he probably won 1 tipoff all year.

but i know he didn't win more than 10 ... nonetheless it's brutal.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#4 » by bringinhinkie » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:58 am

id go with something like this to start the game with solid d off the bat

c. darko
f. lee
f. chandler
g. ?
g. duhon

i mean i wanna say hughes at the 2 but he is just so incredibly awful on offense but there really arent many options.. nate/duhon wed have a mismatch (on d) more than likely at one of the guard spots but i wonder if starting nate would calm him down/increase his consistency.. usually when he is off the bench he is either instant offense scoring in bunches or instant chuck-mode with 1-2 foolish fouls.. if hed calm down and let the game come to him he could really become a solid player but that isnt likely.. i still think id rather start him than hughes though..

id go with either:

darko
lee
chandler
nate
duhon

or

darko
lee
danillo
chandler
duhon
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#5 » by blueNorange » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:00 am

starting nate is asking for trouble since he stinks ... guess you can put chandler there with harrington at his natural position(shooting foward)
LOL Y U MAD THO?
thefuriousfive
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#6 » by thefuriousfive » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:03 am

2. teams don't waltz in the paint untouched.
3. someone who has legit size and weight for a center.

besides darko showed good court vision with some nifty passes.

i know d'antoni sees darko coming off the bench for 18ish minutes a night but he should start and get 25 minutes because he's the best the knicks got as how awful and pathetic that sounds.

the dudes got no offense to speak of, although i do agree about the tip-offs. I fu*cking getting sick of losing every single one of those. and he does have an intimidation of a bear in the paint, at least defensively. dantoni should just scrap duhon and hughes from the rotation and start darko and douglas. seriously, we're not winning games so just give douglas 30+ minutes per game. he might turn out to be our mario chalmers and he's hella fun to watch defensively. I'm convinced that he was a theif in his previous life. oh, uhh, darko...um...yea..start him, what the fu*k do we have to lose.
thefuriousfive
Rookie

Post#7 » by thefuriousfive » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:05 am

blueNorange wrote:starting nate is asking for trouble since he stinks ... guess you can put chandler there with harrington at his natural position(shooting foward)

start nate and douglas and watch those two flies buzzing around the court would be really, really fun to watch. and nate's actually got an offensive game. plus, i dont care about this season so at least have some godd*nm fun. amiright oh amiright?
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,167

Post#8 » by aq_ua » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:08 am

A choice between Jeffries and Darko is pretty much a toss up to me...neither should really see more than 20 minutes, 15 if possible.
Darko Miliminutes
Analyst
And1: 425

Post#9 » by Darko Miliminutes » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:16 am

You guys are coming around some...

I don't think MDA even considers it until Darko has a few good offensive outputs. Darko doesn't seem willing to put up shots just yet. He knows he's the new guy, doesn't want to screw up, doesn't want to step on toes on the new team, lacks confidence. Got to find a way to get his O confidence up. I'm surprised to not see him a bit longer in these preseason games, specifically to get some shots.

The D that you guys are noticing now gets much better. If he gets involved in the offense, he's always responded with awesome D.

Darko Succeeding could really go a looong way around here. Every opportunity to do so should be afforded. He has the offensive skillset to excel, he just needs a team to have faith in him, and give him the minutes. When he gets minutes he produces.
Will you fools ever realize that when the cameras are on and the microphones are hot, they are Lying to you! Lying to illicit a prescribed reaction, to easier manipulate you.

Useful idiots!
thefuriousfive
Rookie

Post#10 » by thefuriousfive » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:18 am

Darko Miliminutes wrote:You guys are coming around some...

I don't think MDA even considers it until Darko has a few good offensive outputs. Darko doesn't seem willing to put up shots just yet. He knows he's the new guy, doesn't want to screw up, doesn't want to step on toes on the new team, lacks confidence. Got to find a way to get his O confidence up. I'm surprised to not see him a bit longer in these preseason games, specifically to get some shots.

The D that you guys are noticing now gets much better. If he gets involved in the offense, he's always responded with awesome D.

Darko Succeeding could really go a looong way around here. Every opportunity to do so should be afforded. He has the offensive skillset to excel, he just needs a team to have faith in him, and give him the minutes. When he gets minutes he produces.

is this darko?
Big C
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#11 » by Big C » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:19 am

Without a doubt.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 23,794

Post#12 » by NyKnicks1714 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:23 am

And no, we NEED to start Jeffries if we want to have any hope of trading him.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#13 » by blueNorange » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:25 am

thefuriousfive wrote:
blueNorange wrote:starting nate is asking for trouble since he stinks ... guess you can put chandler there with harrington at his natural position(shooting foward)

start nate and douglas and watch those two flies buzzing around the court would be really, really fun to watch. and nate's actually got an offensive game. plus, i dont care about this season so at least have some godd*nm fun. amiright oh amiright?

starting nate = white flag

he is what he is and what he is isn't good.

although i wouldn't mind seeing douglas get a dose of minutes because he plays defense -- although he should stop shooting 3's because it's looking more and more obvious that he benefited from the short college 3. stick to your bread and butter which is driving in the paint and the midrange shot.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
gr3en
Rookie
And1: 18

Post#14 » by gr3en » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:27 am

we should really think about hiring a good big man coach for Darko and Hill.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#15 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:29 am

What does winning the tipoff have anything to do with anything?

thats like saying the giants suck because they cant guess the coinflip good...

either way..they start with the ball twice...and so do we...
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#16 » by bringinhinkie » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:50 am

NyKnicks1714 wrote:And no, we NEED to start Jeffries if we want to have any hope of trading him.

i dont think he needs to be showcased.. everyone knows what he is, anemic offense wit decent/versatile d at all 5 positions.. not a defensive stud but definitely comes in handy...

i dont think itll take as much as people think to move him.. id say best case scenario is find a team to take like nate or al wit him and then try and trade curry along with w/e (future 1st/duhon/al/lee/etc) not for a straight up expiring (probably impossible) but for maybe a 4-5mill expiring along with a guy making 6-7mill for an extra year or 2.. obviously what im getting at is completely shedding jj and just cutting enough off of eddy to afford 2 max..
method
RealGM
And1: 299

Post#17 » by method » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:57 am

Curry NEEDS to start because whether or not WE like it or not getting JJ and Curry contract moved is the most important thing to the franchise even more then winning at the moment.

Walsh isnt thinking about this year(he is somewhat because he doesnt want to give up a high draft pick) he is thinking about building us a dynasty.
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#18 » by bringinhinkie » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:58 am

gr3en wrote:we should really think about hiring a good big man coach for Darko and Hill.

did Jesus play the 4 or 5? cause i dont see anyone else being able to develop darko into anything special on offense.. Hill i think he is what he is.. high energy/solid defense with a decent midrange/garbage buckets which is fine with me as long as he plays solid d like i said which i think he will after a couple seasons.. i see a JYD type player with an OK jumper.. i know people on here would hate to hear that comparison but not many 8th picks turn out to be studs and interior d is hard to come by

dont ever see him becoming a 30+mpg player.. id say at peak 24-30mpg ~9ppg/7rpg wit a block, a steal, above avg d and hustle.. not a star, not a bust, just a solid player which is cool with me from the 8th pick
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#19 » by bringinhinkie » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:01 am

method wrote:Curry NEEDS to start because whether or not WE like it or not getting JJ and Curry contract moved is the most important thing to the franchise even more then winning at the moment.

Walsh isnt thinking about this year(he is somewhat because he doesnt want to give up a high draft pick) he is thinking about building us a dynasty.

while that may sound like the best idea, i think everyone knows eddy.. even if he plays well, still no1 will want him/trust him.. the dude is a lazy bum with some crazy off the court issues.. i just think our best bet is what i said before, throwing some sweeteners with him in an attempt to cut off 4-5mill off his salary.. any chance at an expiring straight up is probably impossible
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,221

Post#20 » by duetta » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:35 am

I want to see more of him in the preseason and early going - but maybe, once he become acclimated to the system. As Dan D'Antoni was saying last night, he's still feeling his way through the system.

Return to New York Knicks