Kings/Bobcats

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

sackings916
Assistant Coach
And1: 614

Kings/Bobcats 

Post#1 » by sackings916 » Mon Nov 2, 2009 5:21 am

Kings trade-
Kevin Martin
Beno Udrih

Bobcats trade-
DJ Augustin
DeSagana Diop
Alexis Ajinca
Raja Bell

Why for Kings-Get a shooter at PG to pair with Evans in the backcourt and a project at C.

Why for Bobcats- Add a much needed scorer to their lineup. They have looked like the worst offensive team in the league so far and Martin would add a much needed scoring punch to the lineup.

Bobcats lineup-
Chandler/Mohammad
Diaw/Radmanovic
Wallace/Henderson/Graham
Martin/Murray
Felton/Udrih

Kings lineup-
Hawes/May/Diop/Ajinca
Thompson/Brockman/Greene
Nocioni/Casspi/Garcia
Evans/Bell
Augustin/Rodriguez
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Re: Kings/Bobcats 

Post#2 » by old rem » Mon Nov 2, 2009 5:50 am

Not bad. This might work.
CENSORED... No comment.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#3 » by loserX » Mon Nov 2, 2009 7:16 am

It's pretty clear that the Bobcats will simply not take on that much salary (even if they could convince Larry Brown to do this, which I doubt ;) ).
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,442

Post#4 » by KF10 » Mon Nov 2, 2009 7:35 am

loserX wrote:(even if they could convince Larry Brown to do this, which I doubt ;) ).

I'm pretty sure I can find a quote couple years ago about Brown loving Kevin Martin's game

*It was doing 2006 or 2007, when the Kings were looking for potential coaches and Larry Brown was one of them. And Brown was commenting about the Kings in general and iirc Brown liked what Martin bring to the table at the time*

Anyways, the Kings are not going to trade Martin. We are still evaluating the duo of Evans and Martin. It's too early into the season.
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,215

Post#5 » by amcoolio » Mon Nov 2, 2009 3:58 pm

loserX wrote:It's pretty clear that the Bobcats will simply not take on that much salary (even if they could convince Larry Brown to do this, which I doubt ;) ).

They will, as long as they don't reach the tax. They have a limit of just below the tax, like Chicago. The Okafor/Chandler trade was a wash in talent/losing 2 high priced years trade. If Okafor were still a Bobcat, they'd still be 1-2 and struggle offensively.

As for this trade, I do it, but I doubt the Kings would.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#6 » by Smills91 » Mon Nov 2, 2009 4:07 pm

amcoolio wrote:
loserX wrote:It's pretty clear that the Bobcats will simply not take on that much salary (even if they could convince Larry Brown to do this, which I doubt ;) ).

They will, as long as they don't reach the tax. They have a limit of just below the tax, like Chicago. The Okafor/Chandler trade was a wash in talent/losing 2 high priced years trade. If Okafor were still a Bobcat, they'd still be 1-2 and struggle offensively.

As for this trade, I do it, but I doubt the Kings would.

Bobcats add a 1st rounder with some protection...and I think it's about right.
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,215

Post#7 » by amcoolio » Mon Nov 2, 2009 4:32 pm

You sure? Augustin has flat out sucked so far this season.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
OhioKingsFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#8 » by OhioKingsFan » Tue Nov 3, 2009 8:58 pm

No way this is a good deal for the Kings. Martin is worth way more than that. Also, I don't see sac luring any top tier FA's no matter how much cap space they have, at least no FA's that are as good as Kevin Martin. As such, I'd rather have Kevin Martin and Beno Udrih, than no Beno Udrih, no Martin, and cap space.

The best thing for Sac to have right now is tradeable assets with enough cap space to facilitate a trade. Rebuilding will be accomplished through the draft and trades, not free agency, at least not until the team is more competitive and knows whether or not they'll be getting a new arena.
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,156

Post#9 » by Rich4114 » Wed Nov 4, 2009 6:28 pm

Bobcats say deal
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,388

Post#10 » by shrink » Wed Nov 4, 2009 6:42 pm

I don't think the deal is unfair, but I am highly doubtful the Bobcats are going to add $20 mil in longterm salary, and chuck two cheap guys on rookie contracts in Augustine and Ajinca.
OhioKingsFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#11 » by OhioKingsFan » Thu Nov 5, 2009 4:29 pm

Kings don't just "say" no, they shout it...with a bull horn.

Kevin Martin is worth more than this. There isn't even a salary dump for Beno Udrih, it just transfers to Diop. No thank you.

What is it with all these posts by Kings fans looking to give Kevin Martin away? Kevin Martin is still young. He's way more talented than trades like this give him credit for.

Return to Trades and Transactions