Ryan Anderson doesn't waste his time with two point jumpers

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Speedlot
Lead Assistant
And1: 697

Re: Ryan Anderson doesn't waste his time with two point jumpers 

Post#41 » by Speedlot » Fri Nov 6, 2009 7:29 pm

Quiet-Storm wrote:Buttocks
You need a 2 point jumper in order to keep defenders off-balance.

If all you can do is take 3's, they will just stick to you like glue and make you useless like Kapono was for the raptors last year

Erm.. Jason Kapono shot 70% from just inside the 3 point line last year.. Get your facts straight.
Kayjay
Banned User
And1: 180

Post#42 » by Kayjay » Fri Nov 6, 2009 7:34 pm

That has to be wrong.

I completely remember Kapono trying (Please Use More Appropriate Word) floaters really often.
J-Ville Smoke
Head Coach
And1: 296

Post#43 » by J-Ville Smoke » Fri Nov 6, 2009 7:48 pm

TJ11 wrote:So basically he's proven that he could do what Rashard can at 1/20th of the price.

rofl

On offense. I know this sounds crazy, but we really miss Rashard's defense.
Волков бояться — в лес не ходить.
Leissak
Junior
And1: 21

Post#44 » by Leissak » Fri Nov 6, 2009 7:50 pm

His D isn't THAT bad. Sure Rashard's is better, but Ryan is doing what he's supposed to do, lead his man to the trap down low that is Dwight Howard, and with other players rotating the way they are doing, it's flawless team defense.
J-Ville Smoke
Head Coach

Post#45 » by J-Ville Smoke » Fri Nov 6, 2009 7:54 pm

Leissak wrote:His D isn't THAT bad. Sure Rashard's is better, but Ryan is doing what he's supposed to do, lead his man to the trap down low that is Dwight Howard, and with other players rotating the way they are doing, it's flawless team defense.

His D is atrocious. He comes from the Jose Calderon School of Turnstile Defense. Or is it Revolving Door Defense? Either way he's terrible. But if he keeps crashing the offensive glass i'll give him a pass on it.
Idunkonyou2
Lead Assistant
And1: 68

Post#46 » by Idunkonyou2 » Fri Nov 6, 2009 8:25 pm

The Magic have 2 guys in Anderson and Lewis who are money from 3, then another in Bass who is money from 15 to 18 feet. Pretty much the perfect PFs to put beside Howard.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,366

Post#47 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Nov 6, 2009 9:25 pm

I'm still pissed that we included Mr. Anderson in the Carter trade and Lee is looking very mediocre as well, just as I thought he would, never understood the Orlando love affair with him.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Leissak
Junior
And1: 21

Post#48 » by Leissak » Fri Nov 6, 2009 9:33 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:I'm still pissed that we included Mr. Anderson in the Carter trade and Lee is looking very mediocre as well, just as I thought he would, never understood the Orlando love affair with him.

I was a huge fan of Lee as well. Neither Lee or Anderson will be superstars, but they will both be key players for whatever team they play for. What I didn't like about Lee was that he would disappear from the game a lot and become a non factor. He could do great things with the ball but sometimes I would forget he was in the game because he wasn't always aggressive. It may be different now with the Nets though seeing as they don't have the firepower the Magic do.
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#49 » by princeofpalace » Fri Nov 6, 2009 9:41 pm

Neither Anderson nor Lee are special players- they both have the benefit of playing with Dwight Howard and some other good personnel and that makes them look much better than they actually are
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,226

Post#50 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri Nov 6, 2009 10:02 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:I'm still pissed that we included Mr. Anderson in the Carter trade and Lee is looking very mediocre as well, just as I thought he would, never understood the Orlando love affair with him.

Just a few..and most of that was the media making it sound like he's a GOAT just b/c Orlando traded him. It's not Lee's fault, He's giving you what most of us saw in Orlando. Having the guys we have takes alot of attention away from guys like Lee.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,428

Post#51 » by pillwenney » Fri Nov 6, 2009 10:11 pm

Quiet-Storm wrote:Buttocks
You need a 2 point jumper in order to keep defenders off-balance.

If all you can do is take 3's, they will just stick to you like glue and make you useless like Kapono was for the raptors last year

Well that's simply not very true. If your man is sticking to you like glue on the three-point line, you're absolutely serving a purpose by spreading the floor for everybody else.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#52 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Nov 6, 2009 10:38 pm

J-Ville Smoke wrote:
TJ11 wrote:So basically he's proven that he could do what Rashard can at 1/20th of the price.

rofl

On offense. I know this sounds crazy, but we really miss Rashard's defense.

Lewis is a pretty darn good post up player and he is a real good midrange shooter as well. Things Anderson hasent shown he can do at this point.
aka: prorl
RapsGM
Assistant Coach
And1: 4

Post#53 » by RapsGM » Sat Nov 7, 2009 1:21 am

Defintely a nice pick up for the Magic, but he is very slow. Needs to work on his quickness.
LakerFanMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#54 » by LakerFanMan » Sat Nov 7, 2009 1:44 am

Will Shard start at SF and Anderson PF when Shard's suspension is over? It would move Shard back to his natural position and Nelson, VC, Shard, Anderson, Dwight is pretty nasty.
J-Ville Smoke
Head Coach

Post#55 » by J-Ville Smoke » Sat Nov 7, 2009 2:09 am

LakerFanMan wrote:Will Shard start at SF and Anderson PF when Shard's suspension is over? It would move Shard back to his natural position and Nelson, VC, Shard, Anderson, Dwight is pretty nasty.

SVG has said he wants to run Nelson/Carter/Pietrus/Lewis/Howard as the starters. I wouldn't, but then again I'm not a winning NBA coach.
LakerFanMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#56 » by LakerFanMan » Sat Nov 7, 2009 2:34 am

J-Ville Smoke wrote:
LakerFanMan wrote:Will Shard start at SF and Anderson PF when Shard's suspension is over? It would move Shard back to his natural position and Nelson, VC, Shard, Anderson, Dwight is pretty nasty.

SVG has said he wants to run Nelson/Carter/Pietrus/Lewis/Howard as the starters. I wouldn't, but then again I'm not a winning NBA coach.

Ah, ok, I was curious. He knows the team better then anyone, obviously.
J-Ville Smoke
Head Coach

Post#57 » by J-Ville Smoke » Sat Nov 7, 2009 2:46 am

Well Anderson just got hurt tonight. He and VC both with sprained ankles. Thorn knew this was coming. He totally hosed Otis.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 28,806

Post#58 » by og15 » Sat Nov 7, 2009 3:14 am

KeithMoonsLiver wrote:
Relentless88 wrote:
kwamebargnani wrote:Anderson >> Lee

What a great trade for the Magic, a steal in Anderson. One of the few bad trades Nets GM has made.

To be fair, Anderson probably would have been a complete non-factor if he was on the Nets. Life is REALLY easy for jumpshooters when you are playing with the best center in the league plus multiple other all-stars.
Well he would play the same role they use Yi to play. He was quite decent last season on the Nets as a rookie, though he wouldn't have Carter this year if he was still there. But with a healthy Harris his role would be to play off Harris' slashing and spread the floor for Lopez.
TheGrowth
Junior
And1: 0

Post#59 » by TheGrowth » Sat Nov 7, 2009 3:39 pm

Anderson can take his man off the dribble, I have seen him do it numerous times. He doesnt take much 2 pters cause he doesnt need to. He gets a lot of wide open 3's. Rashard in the same position had the same opportunities.

PPL forget Anderson was leading the league in 3pt percentage on the Nets before getting injured.

Return to The General Board