ImageImageImageImageImage

Wow the Matt Bonner Dunk was giffed

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,461

Wow the Matt Bonner Dunk was giffed 

Post#1 » by DG88 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:09 am

Chosen_One23
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Wow the Matt Bonner Dunk was giffed 

Post#2 » by Chosen_One23 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:11 am

lmao
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,746
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#3 » by Boogie! » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:11 am

when matt bonner is driving by you and dunking, you know your d sucks. what's sad is he blew by wright who is supposed to be our best perimeter defender. so he's supposed to be able to stay in front of carmelo and kobe and lebron but he can't stay in front of matt freaking bonner?
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
UpTopTdot24
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by UpTopTdot24 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:11 am

you know your bad defensively when MATT FREAKIN BONNER drives the lane and does a tomahawk two handed
Griff83
Assistant Coach
And1: 186

Post#5 » by Griff83 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:12 am

Perfect example of how soft this team is.

Bargnani needs to put a hard foul on him there. If thats Howard or Garnett I gurantee Bonner is on the ground after getting a good hack. Look how much finesse Bonner just glides to the rim with. He knows no one on this team is going to challenge him.
A_wildstabatanything
Lead Assistant
And1: 51

Post#6 » by A_wildstabatanything » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:12 am

Griff83 wrote:Perfect example of how soft this team is.

Bargnani needs to put a hard foul on him there. If thats Howard or Garnett I gurantee Bonner is on the ground after getting a good hack. Look how much finesse Bonner just glides to the rim with. He knows no one on this team is going to challenge him.

There's no excuse for Antoine Wright letting him get by in the first place.
rayowa
Sophomore

Post#7 » by rayowa » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:14 am

hope it comes in a poster with "Defense Fail" on the bottom
ADROCK
Banned User

Post#8 » by ADROCK » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:14 am

antoine at point of attack.antoine has been madly overated here.chucker and letting boner get by? drive n dunk,drive n kick drive and do whatever they want...no perim d no lane intimidations.we are a team of softies.
SpaceJam
Veteran
And1: 93

Post#9 » by SpaceJam » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:17 am

LMAO, it's funny how you think he's going to dunk it on two people in the second gif only for the defenders to be behind him.
_________
kwamebargnani
General Manager
And1: 2,479

Post#10 » by kwamebargnani » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:21 am

funny stuff
TOStateofMind
RealGM
And1: 21,305

Post#11 » by TOStateofMind » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:21 am

You could see how he grins right before he dunks in the second gif. Probably grinning at the thought of the raptors D.
Griff83
Assistant Coach
And1: 186

Post#12 » by Griff83 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:23 am

Rayce wrote:You could see how he grins right before he dunks in the second gif. Probably grinning at the thought of the raptors D.

He looks like a little kid thats about to dunk for the first time in his life.
quickymgee
Rookie
And1: 48

Post#13 » by quickymgee » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:32 am

ADROCK wrote:antoine at point of attack.antoine has been madly overated here.chucker and letting boner get by? drive n dunk,drive n kick drive and do whatever they want...no perim d no lane intimidations.we are a team of softies.

you're right with this one, wright was just killing us this game. i would have much preferred having weems in there instead of him, wright simply wasn't fast enough on any of his coverages, he kind of sauntered around. I think weems, being a much more athletic player could have recovered to cover the 3 point line a lot better, that is if he'd stop biting on the pump fake.
flipmode18
Pro Prospect
And1: 9

Post#14 » by flipmode18 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:56 am

when I first saw that I was pissed cause someone drove through the lane untouched and slammed it home....then seconds later I found out it was Bonner and totally lost it
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,535

Post#15 » by C_Money » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:01 am

The guy can barely run for **** sakes!!!
redred9
Assistant Coach
And1: 66

Post#16 » by redred9 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:05 am

flipmode18 wrote:when I first saw that I was pissed cause someone drove through the lane untouched and slammed it home....then seconds later I found out it was Bonner and totally lost it

:lol: :lol:

:(
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#17 » by Volcano » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:07 am

He blew by Wright because Wright was closing out on him from what I remember. We want contested twos, not open threes or lay-ups remember? Our team has extremely slow help D. They wait until it looks like they're going in for an open lay-up before moving in.

I'm not sure what our system's supposed to be, but generally I thought once your man gets beat, the help D rotates over..preventing the opponent from getting into the lane. The next closest defender rotates to make sure the guy who's left open doesn't get hit with a pass and the man who got beat either rotates back to his original man or to the remaining open man.

Basically, Wright closed out hard, but didn't have the legs to adjust for a drive and the help defense was non-existent. I remember when JO played with us, he got to his positions early..whereas our players are spectators until it's too late.
bychai
Veteran
And1: 3
Location: forward, not backward. upward not forward. and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

Post#18 » by bychai » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:04 am

ahh this always happens to us... every year some scrub kills us... good ol' raptors
shoutout to Slam Dumb! for ignoring my email!
imgrindin247
Rookie

Post#19 » by imgrindin247 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:19 am

Volcano wrote:He blew by Wright because Wright was closing out on him from what I remember. We want contested twos, not open threes or lay-ups remember? Our team has extremely slow help D. They wait until it looks like they're going in for an open lay-up before moving in.

I'm not sure what our system's supposed to be, but generally I thought once your man gets beat, the help D rotates over..preventing the opponent from getting into the lane. The next closest defender rotates to make sure the guy who's left open doesn't get hit with a pass and the man who got beat either rotates back to his original man or to the remaining open man.

Basically, Wright closed out hard, but didn't have the legs to adjust for a drive and the help defense was non-existent. I remember when JO played with us, he got to his positions early..whereas our players are spectators until it's too late.

That was not a hard close out by Wright, it was just bad footwork. Bonner didn't even need a shot fake, he just drove to his strong hand and got there unimpeded. Not that the help D couldn't have been better, but I'm sure nobody was expecting to have to help on Matt Bonner when he has the ball out at the 3 point line.
Sn0wman
Banned User
And1: 5,803

Post#20 » by Sn0wman » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:37 am

why is it that we always make scrubs look so dam good, heck I bet we raise their value up a bit too

Return to Toronto Raptors