ImageImage

Tmacs MRI thread, scheduled for nov. 23

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

rocketsballin
RealGM
And1: 354

Tmacs MRI thread, scheduled for nov. 23 

Post#1 » by rocketsballin » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:44 pm

today is the day, november 20 effing 3rd . mofos be waitin on dat shtuffs, waitin fo a god daam healthy tmac, now is the time . WHAT WILL BE THE MRI RESULTS? i dun know, but if i was doin ok w/ money, id bet at most 500 they good results .

imagine a healthy tmac workin off screens and ****, playin off the ball and on ball , and his defense, man a healthy tmac could defend the heck outta mofos . of corse he's old but w/e, lets do this
rocketsballin
RealGM

Re: Tmacs MRI thread, scheduled for nov. 23 

Post#2 » by rocketsballin » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:48 pm

http://www.click2houston.com/video/21703644/index.html

says 23 aint a big day, he can play but team dont feel he ready, say there's no problem w/ him and rick , the media makin it a problem

hopefully the mri lets tmac play sooner than later
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#3 » by Mr. E » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:52 pm

POTTYMOUTH!!!
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
Guy986
RealGM
And1: 647

Post#4 » by Guy986 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:56 pm

roxfashoballin wrote:
imagine a healthy tmac workin off screens and ****, playin off the ball and on ball , and his defense, man a healthy tmac could defend the heck outta mofos . of corse he's old but w/e, lets do this

My imagination must be sorely lacking because all I see in my head is Mcgrady holding onto the ball jacking up contested 22 footer left and right. When was the last time you see Tmac working the screens and playing off ball?
TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#5 » by TMACFORMVP » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:01 am

Clutchfans is reporting that Adelman has no interest in playing T-Mac. Looks like he might be gone.

Source tells ClutchFans that Adelman has no interest in playing T-Mac. Zero. Says: "This isn't going to end well"
KiDdFrESh
General Manager
And1: 46

Post#6 » by KiDdFrESh » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:05 am

TMACFORMVP wrote:Clutchfans is reporting that Adelman has no interest in playing T-Mac. Looks like he might be gone.

Source tells ClutchFans that Adelman has no interest in playing T-Mac. Zero. Says: "This isn't going to end well"

I hope that isn't the case. I hope they are just making sure his conditioning gets up.
TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by TMACFORMVP » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:09 am

Yeah I don't know what to think. I do think McGrady has worn out his welcome in Houston, but at this point, him returning at even an 80% level of what he was would probably be the best for the team as its constructed right now. I don't think we'll get much value aside from bad contracts, at which it'd be better if we let him expire. But we couldn't just hold him out either, because that wouldn't be classy on the organizations end. It seems unlikely there's a buyout situation, or the source isn't even right.

I don't know what to think right now, we've been hearing two different sides of the story all off-season and so far this season. Just end it, either way, someone has to give in, and give us the truth.
Guy986
RealGM

Post#8 » by Guy986 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:20 am

TMACFORMVP wrote:Clutchfans is reporting that Adelman has no interest in playing T-Mac. Looks like he might be gone.

BAM! There goes the dynamite.
Guy986
RealGM

Post#9 » by Guy986 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:22 am

KiDdFrESh wrote:

I hope that isn't the case. I hope they are just making sure his conditioning gets up.

To be honest i'm not surprised. I remember Adelman saying a couple weeks ago that he doesn't know how Tmac is gonna get back to the rotation. He's been dropping subtle hint along the way that he's hated Mcgrady's gut.
rocketsballin
RealGM

Post#10 » by rocketsballin » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:36 am

there's all kinds of crap on the tmac situation , i cant wait till it clears up
TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by TMACFORMVP » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:17 am

Rockets are just playing us, nobody knows the truth. From Jonathon's blog earlier from today, it was reported Adelman and Battier were not present, Adelman due to personal reasons and Battier because of a sore foot.

Well here's a picture from today's practice. Either my eyes are deceiving me, or I see #31 in this picture that looks very much like Battier..

TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by TMACFORMVP » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:33 am

There's also somewhat conflicting reports from Elson (who took over practice):

"It's a long season and we're going to take our time," he said. "We all have his best interests in our thoughts. We'll bring him back when we feel like he can consistently not miss a beat."

Houston is 8-6 so far this season, two games behind Dallas in the Southwest Division.

Turner noted that the Rockets don't want to bring McGrady back too quickly, only to have him experience a setback.

"He's gone through a major surgery and it's a process to get him back on the court full-time," he said. "When you're building a team there's chemistry that players develop. So when he does come back we would like him to be back instead of in a week, out a week, in a week. It messes up our chemistry."

"He looked good. He looked better than what he did earlier in training camp. He’s shooting the ball well. He’s going to the basket. It’s a little different (than going against McGrady in the past.) Once he gets a couple games under his belt, in game situations, he’ll be good. He’ll be back to what he used to be."

MRI Results
”Today's MRI showed no change from the test previously conducted in September. Tracy is on a normal course of recovery and has the expected level of performance for someone at his stage following microfracture surgery. We will continue to monitor his progress over the coming weeks to ensure that pain and swelling are kept to a minimum after further periods of practice participation."

Feigan's Twitter Update:
Rockets team Doc Walter Lowe: McGrady will be evaluated "over the coming weeks." Doesn't sound as if he is playing anytime soon.
Iggyemu
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#13 » by Iggyemu » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:19 am

The funny thing about this situation is that if the Rockets go on to lose 5 in a row or something like that...that 'coming weeks' will become the very next day.

Personally I think he should be back because it seems he can play. Can't blame the Rockets for taking their time b/c they want him in the rotation to stay. I don't believe Adelman likes McGrady but is willing to deal with him for a few more months so I am not worried about that. But the fact that Rockets have a winning record makes em feel they can keep McGrady out. Its kinda unfair b/c we all know if we begin to struggle that timetable gets thrown out the window.

Just play him...get it over with. I am mad paranoid b/c we aren't that good..we are very inconsistent and if we hit a bad spell we could just float away into lotto bound. I don't want that to happen and honestly the longer we keep McGrady out the more the risk of that happening.
"One Ring makes a Champion......Six Rings make a Legend" - Michael Jeffrey Jordan
Teckon
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#14 » by Teckon » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:33 am

Iggyemu wrote:The funny thing about this situation is that if the Rockets go on to lose 5 in a row or something like that...that 'coming weeks' will become the very next day.

Personally I think he should be back because it seems he can play. Can't blame the Rockets for taking their time b/c they want him in the rotation to stay. I don't believe Adelman likes McGrady but is willing to deal with him for a few more months so I am not worried about that. But the fact that Rockets have a winning record makes em feel they can keep McGrady out. Its kinda unfair b/c we all know if we begin to struggle that timetable gets thrown out the window.

Just play him...get it over with. I am mad paranoid b/c we aren't that good..we are very inconsistent and if we hit a bad spell we could just float away into lotto bound. I don't want that to happen and honestly the longer we keep McGrady out the more the risk of that happening.

It can also lead to 0-5 the moment Tmac is inserted into the line up. The issue is no one know what going to happen when Tmac get inserted into the lineup when the current rotation's strength is team work, play hard and chemistry. The problem is Tmac is not like Andersen. Andersen will be ok if Adelman played him 2,3 min and pull him to bench if Andersen is playing badly. Adelman know he can't do that to Tmac (if Tmac play badly) without creating another major drama/distraction.
Adelman also seem to be pissed off last season with Tmac getting in and out of lineup and doing everything to ensure that does not happen. So either he is confident Tmac can play or not play at all.
PocketRockets
Pro Prospect
And1: 9

Post#15 » by PocketRockets » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:10 pm

Seems like a lot of people on this board want tmac to come back....and come back now. Makes sense, but realistically, how long is the normal recovery time for this type of surgery. Microfracture surgery? And don't give me some BS about it not being as severe as amare's or hill's, it was microfracture surgery, period. How did Amare or hill play when they came back? If anyone thinks a crappy, out of shape tmac is gonna "help" this team in any way, you are crazy. Maybe he will come back and contribute but not any time soon. The earliest he should come back is Jan/Feb and even then he wouldn't help much. He would take away the shots of other players and I don't see him creating much for other players this year. I think it truly takes a year or so for players to come back from any major surgery. So I don't expect much from him this year.
Iggyemu
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#16 » by Iggyemu » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:52 pm

Teckon wrote:

It can also lead to 0-5 the moment Tmac is inserted into the line up. The issue is no one know what going to happen when Tmac get inserted into the lineup when the current rotation's strength is team work, play hard and chemistry. The problem is Tmac is not like Andersen. Andersen will be ok if Adelman played him 2,3 min and pull him to bench if Andersen is playing badly. Adelman know he can't do that to Tmac (if Tmac play badly) without creating another major drama/distraction.
Adelman also seem to be pissed off last season with Tmac getting in and out of lineup and doing everything to ensure that does not happen. So either he is confident Tmac can play or not play at all.

That statement is likely correct. I think Adelman wants to get him to a point where when he comes back..he starts. I don't think he'll be eased back in by coming off the bench for 15 mins a game. Adelman wants to ensure his rhythm and conditioning are in a position where he can play 25-30 mins as a starter and not have any issues with the knee the next day or further down the line.
"One Ring makes a Champion......Six Rings make a Legend" - Michael Jeffrey Jordan
Smash3
RealGM
And1: 9,931

Post#17 » by Smash3 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:35 pm

Wow it's T-macs fault with how he handled the situation last year, but I hope Adelman will bring him back it would be a mighty shame to see T-mac walk/traded.
G: James Harden | Kris Dunn
G: Zach LaVine | Reggie Jackson
F: Josh Richardson | Nassir Little
F: Paul George | Otto Porter
C: Jakob Poeltl | Bismack Biyombo
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#18 » by Mr. E » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:34 pm

Yeah, it's not surprising to think that Adelman may still be upset about how McGrady handled things last year, but I don't think that he's going to "punish" him when he does get back...although McGrady may see it as such. I just don't see Adelman altering his rotation formula to soothe egos; whether it be Von Wafer, Shane Battier, Carl Landry or even Tracy McGrady. Who is playing well will play, and everyone will be expected to support the decision and support their teammates.

I am truly hopeful that Tracy could buy into that mindframe when he gets back.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
Rendezvous
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#19 » by Rendezvous » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:21 pm

I Wanna see you **** play TMAC!
SuigintouEV
General Manager
And1: 1,555

Post#20 » by SuigintouEV » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:58 pm

PocketRockets wrote:Seems like a lot of people on this board want tmac to come back....and come back now. Makes sense, but realistically, how long is the normal recovery time for this type of surgery. Microfracture surgery? And don't give me some BS about it not being as severe as amare's or hill's, it was microfracture surgery, period. How did Amare or hill play when they came back? If anyone thinks a crappy, out of shape tmac is gonna "help" this team in any way, you are crazy. Maybe he will come back and contribute but not any time soon. The earliest he should come back is Jan/Feb and even then he wouldn't help much. He would take away the shots of other players and I don't see him creating much for other players this year. I think it truly takes a year or so for players to come back from any major surgery. So I don't expect much from him this year.

Hill never had microfracture...he had ankle problems. Guys that had microfracture are Amare, Hardaway, Kidd, Stockton, Oden, Kenyon Martin, Allan Houston, Jamal Mashburn, Chris Webber, Antonio McDyess.

Of those guys, some guys' careers were pretty much done, other guys took a long time to get back PROPERLY and a couple guys came back like it wasn't even a big deal.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."

Return to Houston Rockets