ImageImageImage

76ers VS Blazers

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

dond
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Re: 76ers VS Blazers 

Post#41 » by dond » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:26 am

Coach Clyde wrote:I think I'd rather have Drea de Matteo taking our last shots than Dre.

LOL ...

I have to agree.

I have no confidence in him at all with a shot late in the game.

Well, in fairness, there really are no shooters on the team, much less CLUTCH SHOOTERS.

Iverson is probably the best clutch shooter on this team.
If you cannot convince others that you are right, you probably aren't.
83SixersRocked
Head Coach
And1: 609

Post#42 » by 83SixersRocked » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:28 am

Fire Ed. And Ed. And Ed if they have to.
sixerbond
Banned User

Post#43 » by sixerbond » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:30 am

I know that this has been touched on a little bit but, can someone PLEASE explain EJ's substitution
pattern to me...seriously ? I mean, is he trying to lose games after the 1st half ? And I also agree on who wrote that Sammy got screwed on several of those foul calls.
dond
Assistant Coach

Post#44 » by dond » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:30 am

Well, there should be a lot of happy campers on this forum.

Everything is going according to plan.

High draft choice coming. :D
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#45 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:30 am

Well, we managed to get to 90 pts. I thought that wasn't possible.

And as has been well-mentioned, as Usual Iguodala's last 5 minutes were a disaster. He had a solid run late 3rd-early 4th.

But sadly, that's mediocre. Sure enough, many will blame our coach. When infact our team is just as bad as he is a dumbass.

That's a fact. We're 13-28 now or 15 games under .500.

We've lost more then twice our games. I think it's safe to say we suck, from the higher-ups, to the coaching, to the pathetic team.
dond
Assistant Coach

Post#46 » by dond » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:35 am

Dedicated_76ers_fan wrote:Well, we managed to get to 90 pts. I thought that wasn't possible.

And as has been well-mentioned, as Usual Iguodala's last 5 minutes were a disaster. He had a solid run late 3rd-early 4th.

But sadly, that's mediocre. Sure enough, many will blame our coach. When infact our team is just as bad as he is a dumbass.

We've lost more then twice our games. I think it's safe to say we suck, from the higher-ups, to the coaching, to the pathetic team.

If the players are bad, how can you be sure the coaching is bad ?

If the coach is bad, how can you be sure the players are bad ?

Or, maybe they both are bad !

Everyone has an opinion. No-one actually knows anything.

But one thing for sure, the NBA draft will be fun.
Coach Clyde
Freshman

Post#47 » by Coach Clyde » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:38 am

Time to start my "Donatas draft Motiejunas, Ed!" web campaign.
sweetlou23
Bench Warmer
And1: 55

Post#48 » by sweetlou23 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:38 am

dond wrote:
Dedicated_76ers_fan wrote:Well, we managed to get to 90 pts. I thought that wasn't possible.

If the players are bad, how can you be sure the coaching is bad ?

If the coach is bad, how can you be sure the players are bad ?

Or, maybe they both are bad !

Everyone has an opinion. No-one actually knows anything.

But one thing for sure, the NBA draft will be fun.

Dond EJ SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get over it.
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User

Post#49 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:39 am

I said they're all bad. Snider's bad for being a wuss and not wanting to pay the luxury tax to build a contender

Stefanski's a wuss in that he doesn't want to admit that we lack a two guard, and a back-up 5 wouldn't hurt.

Jordan's a dumbass

And Iggy.........Some might say it's "spamming" but it's really a rant. How can you guys stand watching him? What must I do to enjoy him? become a lover of fantasy stats?
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,620

Post#50 » by Mik317 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:57 am

Dedicated_76ers_fan wrote:I said they're all bad. Snider's bad for being a wuss and not wanting to pay the luxury tax to build a contender

Stefanski's a wuss in that he doesn't want to admit that we lack a two guard, and a back-up 5 wouldn't hurt.

Jordan's a dumbass

And Iggy.........Some might say it's "spamming" but it's really a rant. How can you guys stand watching him? What must I do to enjoy him? become a lover of fantasy stats?

for one you could just stop posting about it and keep it inside. Sure it'll knock 20 years off your life but soon you'll hit the acceptance stage and life will be good...then you will die.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#51 » by tk76 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:47 am

sixerbond wrote:I know that this has been touched on a little bit but, can someone PLEASE explain EJ's substitution
pattern to me...seriously ? I mean, is he trying to lose games after the 1st half ? And I also agree on who wrote that Sammy got screwed on several of those foul calls.

Its simple. You hit your first few jumpers and you stay on the floor the rest of the game because EJ gets a hunch you will "get after it."

That's why Green played 30 minutes last game and Jrue played so many minutes tonight.

Lou got benched because he got 7 assists without jacking up enough jumpers.
ITK9
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#52 » by ITK9 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:24 pm

ha-ha..i cheered for every miller's basket.he prooved 3 things tonight

1.how bad this team is
2.how stupid our GM is
3.how (Please Use More Appropriate Word) can a person be to belive that Lou Williams will be able to handle the point after Miller left (aka dedicated fan)

other notes:Sure, it's becoming something normal for Thad Young to be blocked and to commit stupid turnovers and play no D..but being abused by Howard(and no, not Dwight)..isn't this great?Just when he was becoming Carmelo Anthony..7 points and 2 rebounds..damn!
sweetlou23
Bench Warmer
And1: 55

Post#53 » by sweetlou23 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:14 pm

ITK9 wrote:ha-ha..i cheered for every miller's basket.he prooved 3 things tonight

1.how bad this team is
2.how stupid our GM is
3.how (Please Use More Appropriate Word) can a person be to belive that Lou Williams will be able to handle the point after Miller left (aka dedicated fan)

other notes:Sure, it's becoming something normal for Thad Young to be blocked and to commit stupid turnovers and play no D..but being abused by Howard(and no, not Dwight)..isn't this great?Just when he was becoming Carmelo Anthony..7 points and 2 rebounds..damn!

Tell me how Lou factors into that equation? He had seven dimes and 1 turnover and looked to be running the point quite well last night. Lou has not had the opportunity to run the point full time here because Iggy has been anointed playmaker for some odd reason. Before Lou got hurt he held his own at point. After he got hurt we picked up AI and effectively took the ball out of Lou's hands. Iggy still gets a ton of opportunities to be the playmaker as does AI. Even so, Lou still managed to get 7 dimes and 11 points in 27 minutes. Its not necessary to call a person out of their name just because you disagree with them.
Lapinski
Lead Assistant
And1: 94

Post#54 » by Lapinski » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:54 pm

Lou should have gotten more of AI's minutes. AI looked worn out the whole game. Couldn't defend and if he isn't shooting well and dishing out assists is a great liability defensively.
IversonsMother
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#55 » by IversonsMother » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:40 pm

There is enough talent on this team, if utilized correctly that we should make the playoffs. EJ is seriously clueless. He was horrendous in Washington, even worse here. Stefatski isn't any better. I know some people here like Iverson being back, but it was a horrendous move.

Iverson is nowhere near being good enough to start anymore. The fact that he is taking so many minutes away from Lou and Jrue is embarrassing as a fan. Our starting line up is a joke. Iverson and Thad simply are not good enough to start. Thad is still young and will improve, but even at sf he isn't very good right now.

The season is half way over and still nobody knows if or when they will play, who they will be on the court with and what position they will be in. That is truely sad.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#56 » by ankle420breaker » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:26 pm

Thad was awful. Juwan Howard was schooling him. Thad has really been a disappointment this year.

Iverson was awful

Holiday and Brand played well.

Andre Miller schooled us in the 2nd half.
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User

Post#57 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:28 pm

Could be Thad's not a 4, that might just be a guess but I think he's not a 4.
Lapinski
Lead Assistant
And1: 94

Post#58 » by Lapinski » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:01 am

ankle420breaker wrote:Thad was awful. Juwan Howard was schooling him. Thad has really been a disappointment this year.

Iverson was awful

Holiday and Brand played well.

Andre Miller schooled us in the 2nd half.

Holiday, as well as everyone we threw out there had problems with Bayless and Miller.
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User

Post#59 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:14 am

For all the times Miller got Holiday, Holiday got Miller. Miller even smiled a bit, loving Holiday's play. He was awesome. Few bright spots. He needs 30 MPG.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers