Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,460

Pierce on Boston/LA fans: "I'm more biased knowing our fans 

Post#1 » by dockingsched » Wed Jun 2, 2010 10:46 pm

http://twitter.com/LakersReporter

Paul Pierce on Boston/LA fans: "I'm more biased knowing our fans are ... a little bit more knowledgeable to the game."

F U PIERCE!!!

Pierce: "I think our fans are a bit more knowledgable. The celebrities here (in LA) come to get out of the house and see other celebrities."

oh wait, he's got a point.

its funny how people always assume the lakers fan base is what the courtside fans are. i've been in the lower bowl once in my entire life and to like 3 games ever, haha.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
kobeaki
Veteran
And1: 6

Re: PIerce: "Boston fans more knowledgeable than LA fans" 

Post#2 » by kobeaki » Wed Jun 2, 2010 11:00 pm

yeah says a guy who grew up here, pierce is a douche, straight up, and he is pandering to the chowderheads...
ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature

XuDa wrote:Magic, Bird and the other 80#s HOF'ers were holding the league back and stunting it's development big time.

:lol:
fareweatherfan
Senior
And1: 1

Post#3 » by fareweatherfan » Wed Jun 2, 2010 11:05 pm

yeah, but d...I imagine he's right when talking about the totality of the fan bases. no doubt our most knowledgable fans are more knowledgable than the most knowledgable of boston fans, but for the most part the stereotype of LA fans is warranted.
96 Til Infiniti
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Post#4 » by 96 Til Infiniti » Wed Jun 2, 2010 11:15 pm

LA disowned that cat years ago, still bitter...
Thank you, Phil.
Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,577

Post#5 » by Asianiac_24 » Wed Jun 2, 2010 11:16 pm

Does he mean the same fans that chanted MVP for Kobe when they were an irrelevant lottery team?
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#6 » by greenbeans » Wed Jun 2, 2010 11:22 pm

You misquoted him in the title, and he's referring strictly to the fans at the games.
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#7 » by MAMBAEMD » Wed Jun 2, 2010 11:28 pm

What a gonad.
I hope Ron-Ron shuts this guy up on the court.
Formerly lakerRD
Daedelus
Bench Warmer
And1: 5

Post#8 » by Daedelus » Wed Jun 2, 2010 11:31 pm

The Lakers probably have more casual/bandwagon fans than any other team in the league. That brings the average down. Of course every team has it's own group of knowledgeable, hardcore fans too.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#9 » by DEEP3CL » Wed Jun 2, 2010 11:40 pm

One of many stupid things he'll spew out his ass over the next couple of days. You can't generalize a fan base just based off what's in the lower part of Staples. Ignorance brews in that organization.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
greenbeans
RealGM

Post#10 » by greenbeans » Wed Jun 2, 2010 11:43 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:One of many stupid things he'll spew out his ass over the next couple of days. You can't generalize a fan base just base off what's in the lower part of Staples. Ignorance brews in that organization.

Show me the part where he talks about the average Laker fan?

Your panties are up there good lately, damn.
crazy8ights
Analyst
And1: 75

Post#11 » by crazy8ights » Wed Jun 2, 2010 11:50 pm

nah I saw that post it didn't urk me at all dude can talk. What urked me what this post

- Defense wins championships. Cleveland had best record because of their defensive tenacity. In 08 they were the tougher out than the Lakers.

- For Lakers Bynum is still injured, and will only be partially effective. Artest is the only difference. During season Pierce did good against him.

- Fischer is playing pg??? Are you kidding Rondo EDIT we don't need this. sully00.

- Overall i would rather have Orlando's line up than Lakers. Even Charles Barkley was claiming Orlando would win the championship.

- Celtics are battle tested.

Title was Cleveland and Orlando are better than lakers because of defense.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,114

Post#12 » by Edrees » Wed Jun 2, 2010 11:52 pm

If you took the number of knowledge Lakers fans and compared the raw # to the number of raw knowledgable celtics fans, I bet you'd find more Lakers ones. This is a result of there being more people living in LA and more lakers fans in general out there because of Kobe's stardom.

However, if you took the percentage of knowledgeable boston fans vs percentage of lakers, boston fans by percentage would be more knowledgeable, because of all those celebrity "psuedo fans" and the like...so yeah, it depends how you look at it. I bet fans from both fan bases can agree to this.

It's like me saying, there are more smarter people living in north america than france. Well no ****, there are more people in north america. the more people there are in a base, the more of both extremes you will find (more knowledgeable and less knowledgeable) just by sheer probability distribution.
DEEP3CL
RealGM

Post#13 » by DEEP3CL » Wed Jun 2, 2010 11:56 pm

greenbeans wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:One of many stupid things he'll spew out his ass over the next couple of days. You can't generalize a fan base just based off what's in the lower part of Staples. Ignorance brews in that organization.

Show me the part where he talks about the average Laker fan?

Your panties are up there good lately, damn.
Pfft whateva you got it twisted dawg, I'm 100% boxer. Maybe you guys need to take off them tight ass thongs y'all rock'in cause you guys think every damn thing is about what you guys say. Paula is a straight up soft jack ass, I can comprehend damn well what he's talking about. He's not on the streets of LA nor is he in the parts of town where the guys who know ball talk about it.

F***... Peirce.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
greenbeans
RealGM

Post#14 » by greenbeans » Wed Jun 2, 2010 11:57 pm

Very coherent and sensible post. Way to do fellow Laker fans proud
DEEP3CL
RealGM

Post#15 » by DEEP3CL » Thu Jun 3, 2010 12:05 am

greenbeans wrote:Very coherent and sensible post. Way to do fellow Laker fans proud
That's the best you got ? ........re read the edited version. Still fits you guys to a T. , your offering nothing to our board but spewed rhetoric. Who gives a flying monkey's ass what Paula is talking about ?

It's funny how that bastard tries to claim LA as his hometown, when he was born in Oakland. Dumb ass at it's finest.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#16 » by The Skyhook » Thu Jun 3, 2010 12:10 am

greenbeans wrote:Very coherent and sensible post. Way to do fellow Laker fans proud

Da Dragic Show of the Celtics fan base... awesome
greenbeans
RealGM

Post#17 » by greenbeans » Thu Jun 3, 2010 12:13 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
Way to embarrass yours...........re read the edited version. Still fits you guys to a T. Nice to see you trolling, your offering nothing to our board but spewed rhetoric. Who gives a fling monkey's ass what Paula is talking about ?

It's funny how that bastard tries to claim LA as his hometown, when he was born in Oakland. Dumb ass at it's finest.

Cool, so you edited it to make a shred of sense. Good job.
I've been lurking here since it was obvious we'd be playing each other, and you've been on the C's board too, so don't get all high and mighty about it. I contributed to the thread because I felt Pierce was getting misrepresented.
And a mod on your board obviously "gives a monkey's ass" what Pierce is talking about, as evidenced by them making a thread on the subject.
DEEP3CL
RealGM

Post#18 » by DEEP3CL » Thu Jun 3, 2010 12:30 am

greenbeans wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:
Way to embarrass yours...........re read the edited version. Still fits you guys to a T. Nice to see you trolling, your offering nothing to our board but spewed rhetoric. Who gives a fling monkey's ass what Paula is talking about ?

Cool, so you edited it to make a shred of sense. Good job.
I've been lurking here since it was obvious we'd be playing each other, and you've been on the C's board too, so don't get all high and mighty about it. I contributed to the thread because I felt Pierce was getting misrepresented.
And a mod on your board obviously "gives a monkey's ass" what Pierce is talking about, as evidenced by them making a thread on the subject.
3 post greenbeans........count'em 3 that's all I made. Haven't been back, have no intentions of posting there. Nobody there talks sensible basketball, only thing goes on there is utter cheerleading, revisionist history and truth be told straight up ignorance. I have yet to see one post on that board that makes basketball sense.

Yeah I've been heated and damn near confrontational with most Celtic fans who've come to this board and try to post as they do on that board. The cocky arrogance spews nothing but vile hatred from me when I see them here.

Once this series starts I'll get to straight up ball analysis, I did the same thing to Suns fans before our series. Bottom line is you hate us......we hate you simple as that. Just like you saying, " got your panties up there".....c'mon how childish is that. I'm way pass that second grade bull crap. You probably say that because of what you've been seeing from me here, but I damn sure haven't been on your board since my 3 post.

Feel or say what you want about me........I'll be here, when you come correct we can talk ball. Until then you and your fan base can continue living off the past and cheerleading as if the Lakers can't beat the Celtics.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

laka4life
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#19 » by laka4life » Thu Jun 3, 2010 12:34 am

Fact is GreenBeans, Pierce is an LA boy, and the mother **** could get shot tomorrow, and not one LA resident would shed a tear.

Boy's a douche bag. Through and through

Where we know just how truly biased you are is that you still respect the piece of **** as much as you did before the vagina wheelchair incident. Though we are all bias towards our own players, I can guarandamntee you the "unknowledgable" fans of LA would atleast respect a player less for being a faker, panzy, pussy, vagina, Willis Reed wannabe, etc.

Check yourself. Your bias bleeds through like Paula's period
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 9,337

Post#20 » by DelaneyRudd » Thu Jun 3, 2010 12:38 am

Boston people are too sports oriented for my liking. They need to diversify their interests.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers