ImageImageImage

Speculation: Heat made a Beas for Dooling offer?

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

miamiballer
General Manager
And1: 1,519

Re: Speculation: Heat made a Beas for Dooling offer? 

Post#21 » by miamiballer » Wed Jun 2, 2010 10:24 pm

he didnt say wed get amare...he said we were working hard to get him which we were

he didnt gaurantee odom and boozer, more that we were looking to get them both which was reportedly true
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,068

Post#22 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Wed Jun 2, 2010 10:26 pm

miamiballer wrote:he didnt say wed get amare...he said we were working hard to get him which we were

he didnt gaurantee odom and boozer, more that we were looking to get them both which was reportedly true

Yeah I think he was just reporting the discussions that were going on, not breaking any news or anything. Although I would be interested in hearing what things he did call over the years.

But considering Woj reported the same things, obviously watchout is somewhat connected. There is no doubt that we did have discussions about Amare, Boozer and Odom this past year. Unfortunately, most deals in the NBA don't make it past the discussion stage.
Miamis3rdRing
Banned User
And1: 131

Post#23 » by Miamis3rdRing » Wed Jun 2, 2010 10:30 pm

Even I would not trade Beasley for Dooling.

Wow, the article writer should be ashamed of himself. :wavefinger:
salqaddoumi
Lead Assistant
And1: 7

Post#24 » by salqaddoumi » Wed Jun 2, 2010 10:50 pm

So to recap: He repeated exactly what sources on the web said at the same time. I'm still not understanding why that's grounds for believing a guy. Anyone can do that.

Just playing the devils advocate role here, I'd like to see one of those "numerous examples of him being right" which you mentioned.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM

Post#25 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Wed Jun 2, 2010 10:55 pm

salqaddoumi wrote:So to recap: He repeated exactly what sources on the web said at the same time. I'm still not understanding why that's grounds for believing a guy. Anyone can do that.

Just playing the devils advocate role here, I'd like to see one of those "numerous examples of him being right" which you mentioned.

Again, I'm just basing this off what other members here have said. Unfortunately, a lot of the older members of this board don't post much anymore, but you'd have to ask one of them. Maybe Lane or Marty could enlighten us.

I just don't think a guy who has been a member since 2002 and is still well respected here would be able to keep a phony insider label for that long. Somebody would have called him out on it long before you did.
MartyConlonJr
General Manager
And1: 2,393

Post#26 » by MartyConlonJr » Wed Jun 2, 2010 11:01 pm

We used to joke about watchout being an insider. He came on this board saying he was the son of someone in the organization I believe. I don't buy what he says.

What he just said above would have been my guess of what happened if this trade was offered also. Although I think it would have been a top 3 protected 2011 pick so we'd have cap space this year and a lotto pick next year. I don't really rip on him because he rarely posts, but I can't recall him being right too often.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,137

Post#27 » by Heat3 » Wed Jun 2, 2010 11:04 pm

The only insider I believe is the Moldy Hobo!
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

WadeisLikeMike
Junior
And1: 16

Post#28 » by WadeisLikeMike » Wed Jun 2, 2010 11:10 pm

Heat3 wrote:The only insider I believe is the Moldy Hobo!

Oh gosh, isn't that the fella that deemed himself an inside source of the Orlando Magic message board, and vowed that the Heat were going to get Odom, or am i mistaken?
salqaddoumi
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by salqaddoumi » Wed Jun 2, 2010 11:10 pm

:lol:

I forgot about that Moldy Hobo character. He is the one of the best of those fake insiders, he actually had some people convinced he was legit.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM

Post#30 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Wed Jun 2, 2010 11:13 pm

Thanks Marty, that clears things up a little bit I guess. It would be nice if we did actually have an insider, its always fun to get inside info about your favorite team.
demens
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#31 » by demens » Wed Jun 2, 2010 11:35 pm

wAtChOut218 wrote:He forgets to mention that Miami wanted this years draft pick LOL

Which draft pick? Nets have 3. If Riley thought Nets would give up the #3 he might be more senile then Thorn turning this down.
salqaddoumi
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by salqaddoumi » Wed Jun 2, 2010 11:41 pm

Yeah what a senile old man! Trying to better his team by throwing something at the wall and seeing if it sticks. How dare he.

What's wrong with making that offer? It surely doesn't hurt to try does it? (all based on the speculation that this is even true, watchout is a fraud and I've never even heard of the ESPN radio guy before today).
demens
Banned User

Post#33 » by demens » Wed Jun 2, 2010 11:53 pm

salqaddoumi wrote:Yeah what a senile old man! Trying to better his team by throwing something at the wall and seeing if it sticks. How dare he.

What's wrong with making that offer? It surely doesn't hurt to try does it? (all based on the speculation that this is even true, watchout is a fraud and I've never even heard of the ESPN radio guy before today).

I've heard rumors before of Beasley being traded for "nothing" (cap) but it included James and Cook on the Heat end. So this deal while pretty ridiculous, doesn't run too far away from the old rumors.

Now if you throw in the #3 pick the deal is kind of turned on its head and a polite spit in the face could be considered a reasonable reply. Beasley has nowhere near the value of the #3 pick in this years draft.

There are speculations on the main board by some Heat fans that you wanna get rid of him so bad you'd even include your OWN pick in the deal.

Either way, your insider says "draft pick", doesn't say which one. It would be silly to think its the #3, and the deal would actually make a bit more sense if it was the #27 for example.
MVP-3
Banned User

Post#34 » by MVP-3 » Thu Jun 3, 2010 12:24 am

We aren't giving our pick up (I assume you mean 18) and Beasley. Beasley is fine. He is only someone I want traded if we can get a 3 big time free agents (aka Wade, LeBron, Bosh) but we all know that is a pipe dream. Also wAtChOut218 is a good source. He reported Rafer coming days before anyone else did. It came true as well. Pat did try to make a run for Odom we all know that, and was offered a contract buy us. It's not our fault he was just using it as leverage on the Lakers. As for Boozer pat didn't want him last summer if I remember correctly after the radio comments.
ifrosty13
Head Coach
And1: 1,362

Post#35 » by ifrosty13 » Thu Jun 3, 2010 12:45 am

LOL at Watchout being an insider.
insfo
General Manager
And1: 10,828

Post#36 » by insfo » Thu Jun 3, 2010 12:50 am

ifrosty13 wrote:LOL at Watchout being an insider.

lol .. why not?? makes such threads more interesting :D
Chosen01
RealGM
And1: 534

Post#37 » by Chosen01 » Thu Jun 3, 2010 12:56 am

demens wrote:
salqaddoumi wrote:Yeah what a senile old man! Trying to better his team by throwing something at the wall and seeing if it sticks. How dare he.

I've heard rumors before of Beasley being traded for "nothing" (cap) but it included James and Cook on the Heat end. So this deal while pretty ridiculous, doesn't run too far away from the old rumors.

Now if you throw in the #3 pick the deal is kind of turned on its head and a polite spit in the face could be considered a reasonable reply. Beasley has nowhere near the value of the #3 pick in this years draft.

There are speculations on the main board by some Heat fans that you wanna get rid of him so bad you'd even include your OWN pick in the deal.

Either way, your insider says "draft pick", doesn't say which one. It would be silly to think its the #3, and the deal would actually make a bit more sense if it was the #27 for example.

Lol, we have cap space for a max player and a boozer type player. The heat aren't desperate to jut dumb Beasley for nothing, unless Riley is 100% sure he will get a 3rd max player. I don't know why everyone thinks the heat are that desperate, Riley isn't a moron.
Lord Leoshes
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#38 » by Lord Leoshes » Thu Jun 3, 2010 12:57 am

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:Thanks Marty, that clears things up a little bit I guess. It would be nice if we did actually have an insider, its always fun to get inside info about your favorite team.

If we did have one, Riley's Gestapo, would of caught him by now, & had him under the firing squad. :-?
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#39 » by heat4life » Thu Jun 3, 2010 2:16 am

watChOut is as much of an insider as everyone else in here is an outsider... :lol:
Funny kid though.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 21,995

Post#40 » by twix2500 » Thu Jun 3, 2010 2:19 am

LOL, oh lawd I hate when something dumb come out like this. Cause two years from now someone going to say remember Riley tried to trade Beasley for Dooling as if it was a fact. LOL

Im going to keep repeating myself, the only way Riley trades Beasley is if he is getting a Star in return. Otherwise Beasley is in Riley plans to be one of our Big Three or Four.

Return to Miami Heat