ImageImageImage

Speculation: Heat made a Beas for Dooling offer?

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,137

Re: Speculation: Heat made a Beas for Dooling offer? 

Post#41 » by Heat3 » Thu Jun 3, 2010 2:54 am

WadeisLikeMike wrote:
Heat3 wrote:The only insider I believe is the Moldy Hobo!

Oh gosh, isn't that the fella that deemed himself an inside source of the Orlando Magic message board, and vowed that the Heat were going to get Odom, or am i mistaken?

That's the one. He had the best sig ever! :lol:

Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

wAtChOut218
Junior
And1: 369

Post#42 » by wAtChOut218 » Thu Jun 3, 2010 3:48 am

Would Watchout and David Lee ever lie to you?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#43 » by HIF » Thu Jun 3, 2010 5:19 am

I'm a watchout fan. Enough said.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
MartyConlonJr
General Manager
And1: 2,393

Post#44 » by MartyConlonJr » Thu Jun 3, 2010 6:23 am

Based on that picture, there must be two Miami Heat insiders. Who is the other one?
wAtChOut218
Junior
And1: 369

Post#45 » by wAtChOut218 » Thu Jun 3, 2010 6:33 am

In Watchout you should trust. And I can't make Le Tub at 2:30 so don't bother coming

BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#46 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Thu Jun 3, 2010 10:04 am

Gotta love seein these "Beasley for a 2nd? I think i'll do it...not sure, but I wouldn't mind trading a 2nd rd for him." type of posts in other forums. Seriously people....Riles aint no foo.
:hug:
HIF
RealGM

Post#47 » by HIF » Thu Jun 3, 2010 11:15 am

complete idiots - still there are planty of those here too.

Rodrizzle
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#48 » by Rodrizzle » Thu Jun 3, 2010 12:33 pm

Well why dont we just buy out Beasley if he is such a problem!!!!
Cant believe all this garbage that is showered on this kid.
I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS....MY FRIEND!!!!
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#49 » by heat4life » Thu Jun 3, 2010 1:15 pm

wAtChOut218 wrote:Would Watchout and David Lee ever lie to you?

You posting your pictures with players brings back memories.... :lol:

When did you start drinking kid? Weren't you like 16 when you started to post here?
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
HeatSince88
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#50 » by HeatSince88 » Thu Jun 3, 2010 1:27 pm

What does David Lee have to do with being a Heat insider?

Watchout, all you need to do to prove your inside status is give us a bit of information before it is reported elsewhere that turns out to be true.

Like "if Player X is there at #18 we're taking him" or "Beasley about to be dealt to Washington for XYZ."

Pictures of two dudes with a Knicks player mean nothing.
Rodrizzle
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#51 » by Rodrizzle » Thu Jun 3, 2010 1:52 pm

HeatSince88 wrote:What does David Lee have to do with being a Heat insider?

Watchout, all you need to do to prove your inside status is give us a bit of information before it is reported elsewhere that turns out to be true.

Like "if Player X is there at #18 we're taking him" or "Beasley about to be dealt to Washington for XYZ."

Pictures of two dudes with a Knicks player mean nothing.

2 dudes without heads none the less, unless this was snapped at one of Wades sex parties and watchout wants to keep his identity hidden from his mom :)
I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS....MY FRIEND!!!!
HIF
RealGM

Post#52 » by HIF » Thu Jun 3, 2010 2:25 pm

Watchout did tell us about Rafer before media sources. Stop giving the kid hassle. If you don't believe him that's fine - he's not hurting you. We have I never lied, nupe and mike_miller to give a hard time to if we need.

demens
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#53 » by demens » Thu Jun 3, 2010 2:38 pm

wAtChOut218 wrote:In Watchout you should trust. And I can't make Le Tub at 2:30 so don't bother coming

I guess your buddy, the real insider didn't bother mentioning which pick it was. And you probably didn't even know the Nets had multiple picks.
CurtisHierro
Sophomore
And1: 33

Post#54 » by CurtisHierro » Thu Jun 3, 2010 7:29 pm

Update on this from Ira

Q: I just saw a report that Miami offered Beasley to the Nets for Keyon Dooling and the Nets turned it down. Have you ever heard of a more ridiculous story printed in the history of the NBA? — Justin.

A: It’s not that ridiculous. Here’s the deal: While Keyon is due $3.6 million next season, his contract can be bought out for $500,000 by June 29. So, in essence, the Heat can launder Beasley’s contract through a Dooling trade, release Dooling, and then benefit by the extra cap space. I would not be surprised if the Heat made such an offer. That said, I made a bunch of calls after ESPN mentioned the possibility on one of its podcasts and came to the realization that the Nets simply have no interest in Beasley and would rather maximize their own cap space. I requested comment from the Heat and got the expected no comment. Still, it would not surprise me at all if the Heat, at this stage, was willing to deal Michael for mere cap space. The greater question is whether there is anyone out there willing to take on Michael and his off-court baggage, especially another space team.
Chosen01
RealGM
And1: 534

Post#55 » by Chosen01 » Thu Jun 3, 2010 8:52 pm

CurtisHierro wrote:Update on this from Ira

Q: I just saw a report that Miami offered Beasley to the Nets for Keyon Dooling and the Nets turned it down. Have you ever heard of a more ridiculous story printed in the history of the NBA? — Justin.

A: It’s not that ridiculous. Here’s the deal: While Keyon is due $3.6 million next season, his contract can be bought out for $500,000 by June 29. So, in essence, the Heat can launder Beasley’s contract through a Dooling trade, release Dooling, and then benefit by the extra cap space. I would not be surprised if the Heat made such an offer. That said, I made a bunch of calls after ESPN mentioned the possibility on one of its podcasts and came to the realization that the Nets simply have no interest in Beasley and would rather maximize their own cap space. I requested comment from the Heat and got the expected no comment. Still, it would not surprise me at all if the Heat, at this stage, was willing to deal Michael for mere cap space. The greater question is whether there is anyone out there willing to take on Michael and his off-court baggage, especially another space team.
meh we keep Beasley, we keep beasley, all this talk is getting annoying. If we can't trade him I'd love for him to redeem himself, prove people wrong, then his trade value will increase to where trade for him another player probably a PG.
ifrosty13
Head Coach
And1: 1,362

Post#56 » by ifrosty13 » Thu Jun 3, 2010 9:20 pm

wAtChOut218 wrote:Would Watchout and David Lee ever lie to you?

I was with David Lee last week... what's your point?
I Never Lied
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#57 » by I Never Lied » Thu Jun 3, 2010 9:31 pm

HIF wrote:Watchout did tell us about Rafer before media sources. Stop giving the kid hassle. If you don't believe him that's fine - he's not hurting you. We have I never lied , nupe and mike_miller to give a hard time to if we need.

WE have??? No you have. Your obsession with me is not shared by the other posters. I have no clue why I am always on your mind? How often do you see me mention YOUR name?

I don’t think about Hermaphrodites.
AbC?
Head Coach
And1: 9,572

Post#58 » by AbC? » Thu Jun 3, 2010 9:38 pm

Not surprised that Nets rejected the offer. I don't think they want Beasley the cancer infecting their young players and incoming free agents.
Miamis3rdRing
Banned User
And1: 131

Post#59 » by Miamis3rdRing » Thu Jun 3, 2010 9:53 pm

I'm a HUGE Beasley skeptic, but I don't understand why lots of people (Mostly opposing fans) feel that he's some sort of cancer, or bad character guy. I get on him for his play, nothing else.

Yeah he had the marijuana incident (Along WITH Chalmers, who people rarely mention in regard to the whole ordeal) before his rookie season started, and yeah he went to rehab for whatever reason. Not good things, but those are off the court things, and he hasn't gotten into any legal trouble. Nor have I heard any complaints about him being a nuisance in the locker room or not working hard. There are far worse character guys in the league.

The Nets are a rebuilding team, and there's no guarantee they land a marquee FA. They may just end up with somebody like a David Lee, or Joe Johnson. With no other star talent to pair them with. In that situation, Beasley would be a nice guy to have, especially on his current contract, you just have to hope for the best, and that he develops.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 21,995

Post#60 » by twix2500 » Thu Jun 3, 2010 9:57 pm

Wow realgm post this story as a cover page! I feel bad for Beasley, when false news come out like this as if was true. Another disappointing story by attention hungry media. 5 years of them advertising Bron going to New York, news that will never happen. Now they are reaching for Riley giving up on Beasley..... What a reach.

Return to Miami Heat