ImageImageImage

Amare gets knee tested in Miami

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

wAtChOut218
Junior
And1: 369

Amare gets knee tested in Miami 

Post#1 » by wAtChOut218 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:55 am

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/06/16/1 ... emire.html

Read into this. Before we acquired JO he was sent to the same facility. Remember? This is clearly Riley doing his due diligence
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,078

Re: Amare gets knee tested in Miami 

Post#2 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:00 am

This has been posted already, 2010 thread.
BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#3 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:51 am

We've heard some info from the Suns insider........

How bout you watchout, any tidbits from our side this time?

Thanks.
:hug:
wAtChOut218
Junior
And1: 369

Post#4 » by wAtChOut218 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:28 pm

No except that the Heat marketing department has been working on STH campaigns based around the slogan "1-2-3" all I can think of is Amare, Joe Johnson, Wade ?
BFRESH44
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 10,814

Post#5 » by BFRESH44 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:29 pm

It's got nothing to do with the Heat at this time. Any communication with Amar'e at this time would be considered tampering. So obviously he's either getting these tests for the Suns(who are still talking an extension), or having them prepared ahead of time for other teams that will inquire about them come free agency time.
miamiballer
General Manager
And1: 1,519

Post#6 » by miamiballer » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:37 pm

i fully expect amare/wade/jj or amare/wade/boozer
mxgreen
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#7 » by mxgreen » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:14 pm

BFRESH44 wrote:It's got nothing to do with the Heat at this time. Any communication with Amar'e at this time would be considered tampering. So obviously he's either getting these tests for the Suns(who are still talking an extension), or having them prepared ahead of time for other teams that will inquire about them come free agency time.

It might have something to do with the Heat. The article says that Stoudemire was tested at the request of the Suns. Maybe the Suns, who - based upon the reported facts surrounding Kerr's resignation - are in cost cutting mode, are speaking with the Heat about the possibility of a trade and sent Stoudemire to that particular MRI center at the Heat's request. Who knows?
mxgreen
Sophomore

Post#8 » by mxgreen » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:15 pm

BFRESH44 wrote:It's got nothing to do with the Heat at this time. Any communication with Amar'e at this time would be considered tampering. So obviously he's either getting these tests for the Suns(who are still talking an extension), or having them prepared ahead of time for other teams that will inquire about them come free agency time.

It might have something to do with the Heat. The article says that Stoudemire was tested at the request of the Suns. Maybe the Suns, who - based upon the reported facts surrounding Kerr's resignation - are in cost cutting mode, are speaking with the Heat about the possibility of a trade and sent Stoudemire to that particular MRI center at the Heat's request. Who knows?
mxgreen
Sophomore

Post#9 » by mxgreen » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:15 pm

Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM

Post#10 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:54 pm

wAtChOut218 wrote:No except that the Heat marketing department has been working on STH campaigns based around the slogan "1-2-3" all I can think of is Amare, Joe Johnson, Wade ?

It would be kind of a buzzkill if we did get Amare/JJ but the Knicks or Bulls ended up with LeBron/Bosh. My order of preference:

Knicks/Bulls get neither
Knicks get LeBron/Bosh
Bulls get LeBron/Bosh

If New York and Chicago both strike out, I'm cool with Amare and JJ. Though I hope they both shave a little off the top, don't like giving a max to either really.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#11 » by HIF » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:02 pm

All of a sudden we're getting choosey?

We'll be lucky to get Wade + 2 top players (not long ago we were thinking that Boozer might be as good as it gets). If Chicago or NY get Bron and Bosh - so be it. It'll be a stroll through to the ECF and then the battle begins - would make get finals.

I'll take whichever two top players with Wade and accept that the others go wherever they wish.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 7,984

Post#12 » by Flash4thewin » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:13 pm

HIF wrote:All of a sudden we're getting choosey?

We'll be lucky to get Wade + 2 top players (not long ago we were thinking that Boozer might be as good as it gets). If Chicago or NY get Bron and Bosh - so be it. It'll be a stroll through to the ECF and then the battle begins - would make get finals.

I'll take whichever two top players with Wade and accept that the others go wherever they wish.

As much as i would hate Lebron and Bosh to team up in either NY or Chi i'll take the trio of Wade/Amare/JJ and run.

Wade/Amare/JJ > Lebron/Bosh/Gallo etc

Wade/Amare/JJ vs Lebron/Bosh/Rose/Noah were kinda screwed but it will be close. I hope the Raptors would at least take Noah if they do a sign and trade making the bulls weaker
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM

Post#13 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:16 pm

I reserve the right to be choosey. :P

Seriously though, I want to win 2010 free agency, not come in 2nd place. This isn't a vacuum, what we do in comparison to what other teams do matters. I don't want to just improve, I want to be as good as possible while our opponents suck as much as possible. Nothing wrong with a little greed in the offseason.
quazi31
Senior

Post#14 » by quazi31 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:19 pm

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:

I reserve the right to be choosey. :P

Seriously though, I want to win 2010 free agency, not come in 2nd place. This isn't a vacuum, what we do in comparison to what other teams do matters. I don't want to just improve, I want to be as good as possible while our opponents suck as much as possible. Nothing wrong with a little greed in the offseason.

dont be too greedy....IMO i only want wade to be max....i dont want to get Amar'e the max because he is getting old and IMO only wade kobe durant and lebron in the league deserved the max but oh well. If Amar'e signs for about 13-14 mil and so does Joe Johnson, then we sign another player then i call it a good offseason
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM

Post#15 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:34 pm

quazi31 wrote:dont be too greedy

Um, why not? What's gonna happen if I am? I am slightly disappointed? Oh no.

This is like telling a fan of a team, "You shouldn't hope to win the championship this year, that's too greedy, just settle for a 1st round exit."

It might be unrealistic, but it'd also be pretty lame and depressing if we all tried as hard as we could to set the bar low. And honestly, hoping for Bosh and hoping LeBron doesn't go to the Knicks or Bulls isn't even that unrealistic.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying what's probably going to happen. I can be realistic and hopeful at the same time. Do I agree we will PROBABLY end up with something like Amare/JJ? Yes. Do I hope for better though? Yes!
ndnow
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#16 » by ndnow » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:16 pm

It's a simple MRI. Amare is in Miami at this time, since he stays here, so instead of flying him to pheonix to do an mri that takes about an hour they asked him to go to a local trusted nba clinic in the city he was in.
miamiballer
General Manager
And1: 1,519

Post#17 » by miamiballer » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:18 pm

doesnt matter, hes a heater in 2 weeks
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,702

Post#18 » by jc23 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:20 pm

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:
wAtChOut218 wrote:No except that the Heat marketing department has been working on STH campaigns based around the slogan "1-2-3" all I can think of is Amare, Joe Johnson, Wade ?

It would be kind of a buzzkill if we did get Amare/JJ but the Knicks or Bulls ended up with LeBron/Bosh. My order of preference:

Knicks/Bulls get neither
Knicks get LeBron/Bosh
Bulls get LeBron/Bosh

If New York and Chicago both strike out, I'm cool with Amare and JJ. Though I hope they both shave a little off the top, don't like giving a max to either really.

I can't believe that a heat fan would pick the knicks over the bulls in terms of landing a FA. You do know how much trash talk you will have to hear from them right? I mean they are by far the biggest do***ebags on realgm.

I actually hope you guys land Bosh. I think that would result in a more balanced and competitive east.
Be curious, Not judgmental
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#19 » by heat4life » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:32 pm

Actually Amar'e - like Wade, Bosh and LeBron - is still under contract with the Suns (would have to opt out to become a FA) and is available to be traded during the draft. Since Miami and Phoenix are not playing in the finals, they are allowed to discuss trades and with proper permission, trade medical records and even speak with the player.

The only players that are completely off limits are the one's whose contracts expire on July 1.

I am not saying that this report has a connection to a trade but it is VERY possible. The one thing that got me thinking about a big move on draft day was the fact that the HEAT is having a draft day party meaning that we either pick a player to keep, got another pick on the works or a big trade might be announced (a la Ray Allen) that day.

Just saying.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM

Post#20 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:47 pm

jc23 wrote:
I can't believe that a heat fan would pick the knicks over the bulls in terms of landing a FA. You do know how much trash talk you will have to hear from them right? I mean they are by far the biggest do***ebags on realgm.

Has nothing to do with RealGM, obviously the Bulls would be a much better team than the Knicks if they get LeBron/Bosh. I'm more worried about Miami's competition than trolls on a message board.

Believe me, Knicks fans are not my favorite people in the world.

Return to Miami Heat