Stephen A. Smith says LeBron and Bosh to join Wade in Miami

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Hydroponic3385
Rookie
And1: 138

Re: Stephen A. Smith says LeBron and Bosh to join Wade in Miami 

Post#261 » by Hydroponic3385 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:11 am

Harry Heinous wrote:Where there's smoke there's fire.

ESPN starting to come along,
Broussard's tweet 2 hours ago: "CHI-MIAMI emerging as frontrunners for LJ. CLE not dead, but..."

Broussard's tweet 22 hours ago: "CHI-CLE still neck and neck for LJ, but CHI making it awfully hard on Cavs"

hmmmmm.......??

Broussard....much like SAS and essentially every other national media guy....has flip flopped on the hottest new rumor from day to day. Using some trite saying like "where there's smoke there's fire" doesn't provide evidence or a solid argument. The better saying for this free agency period would be "where there's smoke there's WWW" anyway.
Hydroponic3385
Rookie
And1: 138

Post#262 » by Hydroponic3385 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:13 am

Rambo44 wrote:Not to mention Chris's friend Charlie Villanueva:

Sorry to break Toronto heart, I love that city, but Chris Bosh is heading to Miami
10:20 PM Jun 27th via Twitterrific

Yeah, cuz I'm sure Villanueva really knows 100% what Bosh will do. And I'm sure Bosh would REALLY appreciate his "friend" spilling his secret via Twitter. Sounds VERY likely!
Rambo44
Junior
And1: 0

Post#263 » by Rambo44 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:16 am

Hydroponic3385 wrote:
Rambo44 wrote:Not to mention Chris's friend Charlie Villanueva:

Sorry to break Toronto heart, I love that city, but Chris Bosh is heading to Miami
10:20 PM Jun 27th via Twitterrific

Yeah, cuz I'm sure Villanueva really knows 100% what Bosh will do. And I'm sure Bosh would REALLY appreciate his "friend" spilling his secret via Twitter. Sounds VERY likely!

I agree actually. Does sound weird. Not sure why he would do it at all... I'm trying to think of why he would lie...maybe to make it seem like it's not just NYK and CHI that are competing over Bosh?
Harry Heinous
Banned User
And1: 1
Location: MIAMI. Home of the champion HEAT * CANES * DOLPHINS * MARLINS

Post#264 » by Harry Heinous » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:17 am

Hydroponic3385 wrote:

Broussard's tweet 2 hours ago: "CHI-MIAMI emerging as frontrunners for LJ. CLE not dead, but..."

Broussard's tweet 22 hours ago: "CHI-CLE still neck and neck for LJ, but CHI making it awfully hard on Cavs"

hmmmmm.......??

Broussard....much like SAS and essentially every other national media guy....has flip flopped on the hottest new rumor from day to day. Using some trite saying like "where there's smoke there's fire" doesn't provide evidence or a solid argument. The better saying for this free agency period would be "where there's smoke there's WWW" anyway.

http://www.790theticket.com/lebatard.aspx

Just listen to the Stephen A. interview. I'm serious, if you're a fan of basketball, do it. It's a must listen.

He's laying it all on the line with major conviction. It's unreal.

In my head, he's uncovered something and now Broussard (who's always said the Bulls, no Heat mention) is now all of a sudden saying the heat are frontrunners!? Something is up!
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#265 » by LLcoleJ » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:22 am

Harry Heinous wrote:
Hydroponic3385 wrote:

hmmmmm.......??

http://www.790theticket.com/lebatard.aspx

Just listen to the Stephen A. interview. I'm serious, if you're a fan of basketball, do it. It's a must listen.

He's laying it all on the line with major conviction. It's unreal.

In my head, he's uncovered something and now Broussard (who's always said the Bulls, no Heat mention) is now all of a sudden saying the heat are frontrunners!? Something is up!

Here is the problem I have with his report. He received it from a source, ok.. I can buy that.

BUT... I just find it hard to believe that any sources would leak back to SAS 3 days prior to all the FA fanfare, courting and fluff stuff.

Certainly, they could have talked ( wade, lb, Bosh) but considering they can't speak to to teams ( and I know there are back channels) there is alot out there that is still to be discussed. Both as a group ( wade, lb, bosh) and individually $$$ wise.

My guess would be these rumors are coming from a legit sources, but they are less set in stone-type that SAS is spouting and just a planned leak to keep the frenzy and options alive, and those teams not in this report to do even more to try to land these guys.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
Hobo4President
Analyst
And1: 3,184

Post#266 » by Hobo4President » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:23 am

Lol I can't believe some of you guys believe this crap. Lebron of all people would not tell some random 'source' about his decision before the free-agency period. I highly doubt Lebron would even tell his agent yet, or if Lebron even knows where he is going yet. All these rumors are not true and we will have to wait until the signing period to see where Lebron decided to go, and not hear these 'facts' from journalists who just make stuff up to get stories, views and money.
HootieRules
Veteran
And1: 82

Post#267 » by HootieRules » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:24 am

Hydroponic3385 wrote:Wow, people really don't get it. These rumors/sources/guarantees change daily. You'll hear plenty more of these about Miami, Chicago, New York, New Jersey. Give yourselves a break and realize that none of these articles mean anything, and the most likely scenario is that Lebron/WWW/etc. are spreading these "rumors" intentionally to generate more and more buzz.

People are so gullible. I mean believing SAS? Come ON.

Look I get all of this but I don't get how you can dismiss it so quickly either. He's loud, he's obnoxious, but there's no denying he is well-connected. There's way too many articles out there right now saying they have a source who "thinks" this or that and it's just garbage. SAS is putting himself out there and is going to lose a lot of credibility if he's wrong and I give him credit.

I don't think even Bosh and LeBron can say for sure where they're going yet but I think they have a pretty damn good idea.
Rambo44
Junior

Post#268 » by Rambo44 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:28 am

Stephen A Smith's story isn't getting the response that the LeBron to NYK and LeBron to Chicago stories are getting because most sports writers are from the NY/NJ/CT northeast area and from Chicago. Think about Fox News. They make up a perspective they want to view the news and the world. It's even worse with sports journalists because there is less on the line. It's not wars they are arguing over. It's where LeBron James is going to go. Of course they make up their own narrative. Most of these sports people are Bulls and Knicks fans and they are spinning things their way. Think about it. They don't like Miami. It wasn't until Miami actually had a press conference for Shaquille O'Neal that they even acknowledged Miami signed him after the "Shaq Sweepstakes" of 2004.
cold5
Veteran
And1: 115

Post#269 » by cold5 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:39 am

I don't think Showtime would hire someone who ran their mouth off about something as big and inaccurate as this. If Smith is right about this, he got the biggest scoop of the decade. If he's wrong, he loses a big late-night TV show and loses any credibility he still has. He did seem very certain that he was right. But obviously he could be wrong.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtra ... smith.html
Harry Heinous
Banned User
Location: MIAMI. Home of the champion HEAT * CANES * DOLPHINS * MARLINS

Post#270 » by Harry Heinous » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:43 am

Phil XI wrote:Here is the problem I have with his report. He received it from a source, ok.. I can buy that.

BUT... I just find it hard to believe that any sources would leak back to SAS 3 days prior to all the FA fanfare, courting and fluff stuff.

Certainly, they could have talked ( wade, lb, Bosh) but considering they can't speak to to teams ( and I know there are back channels) there is alot out there that is still to be discussed. Both as a group ( wade, lb, bosh) and individually $$$ wise.

My guess would be these rumors are coming from a legit sources, but they are less set in stone-type that SAS is spouting and just a planned leak to keep the frenzy and options alive, and those teams not in this report to do even more to try to land these guys.

I understand the skepticism but please just listen to the interview. He covers his bases quite well.
bl2k
Veteran
And1: 13

Post#271 » by bl2k » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:55 am

bdownbear wrote:If this happens and the Heat beat Kobe and the two time defending champs in the Finals....Where would LBJ rank?

fixed
sjreds
Ballboy

Post#272 » by sjreds » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:58 am

Hydroponic3385 wrote:
People are so gullible. I mean believing SAS? Come ON.

yeah, sas should just disappear
mopper8
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,868

Post#273 » by mopper8 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:02 am

(a) I don't think this is going to happen, but (b) lol @ anyone who thinks this team isn't the immediate favorite to win it all.

Also, LMAO @ making the following comparison (many parties guilty in this thread):

Kobe-Wade
Artest-Lebron
Gasol-Bosh

...calling it even, then pimping Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum as LA's trump cards. Seriously?

Lets say for the sake of argument that Kobe/Gasol and Wade/Bosh are a wash (which I buy). You're telling me you'd rather have Bynum, Odom, and Artest, rather than Lebron?

You really think if the Cavs offered LBJ in exchange for those 3, the Lakers would say, "um, no thanks, that'd totally kill our depth." I mean, seriously? Do you know anything about basketball?

There is no doubt in my mind that I'd rather have Wade/James/Bosh than Kobe/Pau and 3 guys who are a clear step (2 or 3 steps, actually) below in talent level.
DragicTime85 wrote:[Ric Bucher] has a tiny wiener and I can prove it.
WITNESS LBJ 6
Freshman

Post#274 » by WITNESS LBJ 6 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:05 am

Why would there be no Haslem? I'm sure he would sign the MLE and have DWade throw him a couple millie
Wade2k6
RealGM
And1: 77

Post#275 » by Wade2k6 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:11 am

mopper8 wrote:(a) I don't think this is going to happen, but (b) lol @ anyone who thinks this team isn't the immediate favorite to win it all.

Also, LMAO @ making the following comparison (many parties guilty in this thread):

Kobe-Wade
Artest-Lebron
Gasol-Bosh

...calling it even, then pimping Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum as LA's trump cards. Seriously?

Lets say for the sake of argument that Kobe/Gasol and Wade/Bosh are a wash (which I buy). You're telling me you'd rather have Bynum, Odom, and Artest, rather than Lebron?

You really think if the Cavs offered LBJ in exchange for those 3, the Lakers would say, "um, no thanks, that'd totally kill our depth." I mean, seriously? Do you know anything about basketball?

There is no doubt in my mind that I'd rather have Wade/James/Bosh than Kobe/Pau and 3 guys who are a clear step (2 or 3 steps, actually) below in talent level.

At least it isn't as ridiculous as one of the earlier posters saying he'd take OKC chances too with Durant matching up with LeBron, Ibaka matching up with Bosh, and Westbrook/Thabo matching with Wade :lol:
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#276 » by iamworthy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:30 am

If this goes down, who plays center?
He's Heating Up
Senior
And1: 129

Post#277 » by He's Heating Up » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:33 am

Wade2k6 wrote:
mopper8 wrote:(a) I don't think this is going to happen, but (b) lol @ anyone who thinks this team isn't the immediate favorite to win it all.

Kobe-Wade
Artest-Lebron
Gasol-Bosh

At least it isn't as ridiculous as trying to say one of the earlier posters saying he'd take OKC chances too with Durant matching up with LeBron, Ibaka matching up with Bosh, and Westbrook/Thabo matching with Wade :lol:

Hahahaha that made me laugh aswell! I dont know which was funnier though; KD taking Lebron? Bosh on Ibaka was great, but i think my fav was thinking Thabo or Westbrook could take Wade. Nah Ibaka matching it with Bosh was probably funnier.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LruH69VwPAc

harold lewis wrote:See Baynes/Splittler both on the court. First time two european-americans 7 footers on same backcourt since longley/wennington in 90s.
CDM88
Banned User

Post#278 » by CDM88 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:38 am

He's Heating Up wrote:
Wade2k6 wrote:

Kobe-Wade
Artest-Lebron
Gasol-Bosh

At least it isn't as ridiculous as trying to say one of the earlier posters saying he'd take OKC chances too with Durant matching up with LeBron, Ibaka matching up with Bosh, and Westbrook/Thabo matching with Wade :lol:

Hahahaha that made me laugh aswell! I dont know which was funnier though; KD taking Lebron? Bosh on Ibaka was great, but i think my fav was thinking Thabo or Westbrook could take Wade. Nah Ibaka matching it with Bosh was probably funnier.

Havent seen the sonics logo in a good year or two...sry bro.. at least John Walls in washington i guess.
jmbflame21
General Manager

Post#279 » by jmbflame21 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:42 am

Rambo44 wrote:Stephen A Smith's story isn't getting the response that the LeBron to NYK and LeBron to Chicago stories are getting because most sports writers are from the NY/NJ/CT northeast area and from Chicago. Think about Fox News. They make up a perspective they want to view the news and the world. It's even worse with sports journalists because there is less on the line. It's not wars they are arguing over. It's where LeBron James is going to go. Of course they make up their own narrative. Most of these sports people are Bulls and Knicks fans and they are spinning things their way. Think about it. They don't like Miami. It wasn't until Miami actually had a press conference for Shaquille O'Neal that they even acknowledged Miami signed him after the "Shaq Sweepstakes" of 2004.

+10000000
Image Image
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#280 » by kingkirk » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:43 am

If the wiretap is correct and Lebron is going to ask the Bulls some serious questions about the direction of the team, shouldnt this apply to Miami also? These 3 guys will take up 90% of the cap, the heat will have to rely on draft picks and minimum contracts, not to mention the owner pay luxury tax each year. If he is serious about the direction of any team he goes too, im expecting he asks these questions to Pat & Co.

Return to The General Board