ESPN: Verizon Center 100% failure rate on health inspections

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

evilempire
Ballboy
And1: 0

ESPN: Verizon Center 100% failure rate on health inspections 

Post#1 » by evilempire » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:16 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=5401646

ESPN Outside the LInes just posted a report showing the health inspection failure rates for all of the 4 major sports.... The worst? Good old Verizon Center:

"Verizon Center
Washington Wizards, Washington Capitals
Vendors with critical violations: 100%
Inspection report excerpt: Mice droppings, a critical violation in Washington, were found at at least 10 vendors."
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Re: ESPN: Verizon Center 100% failure rate on health inspections 

Post#2 » by JWizmentality » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:19 pm

Damn, suddenly my daily pilgrimages to MSG don't seem so bad.
Benjammin
Lead Assistant
And1: 378

Post#3 » by Benjammin » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:38 pm

Hey now, let's not quibble with perfection, in whatever form it takes... :lol:
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,775

Post#4 » by Rafael122 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:39 pm

Wait...does this mean they found mice droppings in the food or at the vendors?
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
WashWiz54
Veteran
And1: 434

Post#5 » by WashWiz54 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:54 pm

I've never once bought food from the VC so this really doesn't bother me. It just doesn't make sense with Chipotle and McDonalds right around the corner at much lower costs.

If you're willing to spend $6 or whatever on a hot dog, you deserve to have mice crap in it :D
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#6 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:59 pm

Remy the Rat is the main chef at Verizon Center. Those "mice droppings" are actually his very own secret seasoning pellets. Next time you eat at Verizon do enjoy his special secretly seasoned nacho cheese.

Verizon Center food is taste tested before it arrives on your plate. Mmmm Mmmm Good!
Bye bye Beal.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#7 » by fishercob » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:41 am

Ted's reply:

Verizon Center / ESPN Report
July 26th, 2010

I was surprised and disappointed by ESPN’s recent industry-wide report and ratings related to the cleanliness of professional sports venues, including Verizon Center. Since we acquired Verizon Center from Washington Sports and Entertainment six weeks ago, we have been planning and making improvements. Please be assured that we take the complaints of our customers extremely seriously, and quality and cleanliness are paramount.

We remain in the early stages of our evaluation process, and the ESPN report touched on some of the elements we have been examining and will be vigilant in improving. We will redouble our efforts immediately and review all facets of the issues identified. Once we have the facts, we will embark on remedies.

From what I understand, the ESPN report stems from incidents in 2009. These professional inspections are conducted several times throughout the year, are unannounced and are public record. When and if issues arise, we will take appropriate action, and from what I understand we have done exactly that in the past.

Aramark and Levy are our concessionaires at the arena. We have had a good relationship with both of them throughout the years, and we count on them to maintain a clean, safe, courteous and responsible service environment for our customers. Aramark recently launched a website to demonstrate and highlight their continued commitment to food safety, www.aramarkqualityfood.com.

The past couple of weeks I have talked about my plan to walk a mile in our employees’ footsteps and participate in the cleaning process. I now will step up those efforts and make this a top priority. I will personally get involved in the process and the solutions. We are on it; we’ve already started. We will move this issue from one that appears shocking to one that is a source of pride. I promise.

Tags: ESPN, Ted Leonsis, Ted's Take, Verizon Center

Yep.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,775

Post#8 » by Rafael122 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:46 am

He doesn't have to participate in the cleaning process, just make it better. That's it. No need to make promises like that.

They got it right with the HD stuff, now he needs to make the Verizon Center the place to be say on a Friday or Saturday night, even if the team stinks.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#9 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:37 am

These guys work at Verizon Center.

There seems to be some concern about this happening to all who watch games at VC.

Bye bye Beal.
Ed Wood
Sixth Man
And1: 262

Post#10 » by Ed Wood » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:10 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Image

These guys work at Verizon Center.

There seems to be some concern about this happening to all who watch games at VC.

If Party John were still around I might be concerned. Now there is a man with the face to be an all-time great Typhoid Mary.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#11 » by pancakes3 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:44 am

story regarding party john i heard over the weekend.

a kid who goes to tech said that the saturday after thanksgiving break a few years back when PJR was playing in roanoke walked up to him with his posse at Toys R Us and asked if they were VT students. He said yes. PJR asked if there were any girls around. My friend said not really since it was Thanksgiving holiday. Then one of PJR's friends said "yo, that's straight. that just means the girls who ARE here gots sh*tty homes. game on son son."

Also, PJr was looking at children's trikes so maybe he might have had a green card baby in SW Va.
Bullets -> Wizards
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#12 » by verbal8 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:33 pm

pancakes3 wrote:story regarding party john i heard over the weekend.

a kid who goes to tech said that the saturday after thanksgiving break a few years back when PJR was playing in roanoke walked up to him with his posse at Toys R Us and asked if they were VT students. He said yes. PJR asked if there were any girls around. My friend said not really since it was Thanksgiving holiday. Then one of PJR's friends said "yo, that's straight. that just means the girls who ARE here gots sh*tty homes. game on son son."

Also, PJr was looking at children's trikes so maybe he might have had a green card baby in SW Va.

Party John is from Puerto Rico, so he is a US citizen.
leswizards
Pro Prospect
And1: 212

Post#13 » by leswizards » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:58 pm

Are they sure it was mice poop? Maybe it was another one of those Gilbert Arenas practical jokes.
AceDegenerate
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#14 » by AceDegenerate » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:09 pm

leswizards wrote:Are they sure it was mice poop? Maybe it was another one of those Gilbert Arenas practical jokes.

:sigh:

This just isn't funny anymore, try harder.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#15 » by montestewart » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:08 pm

Krizko Zero wrote:
leswizards wrote:Are they sure it was mice poop? Maybe it was another one of those Gilbert Arenas practical jokes.

:sigh:

This just isn't funny anymore, try harder.

I love Arenas, but that's always going to be funny to me. I can't wait for him to start pooping on defenders' shoes. That'll make me forget about the lousy arena food.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,164

Post#16 » by God Squad » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:40 pm

Ew..

Verizon Center = fail. lol
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#17 » by mohammed10 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:37 pm

Benjammin wrote:Hey now, let's not quibble with perfection, in whatever form it takes... :lol:

:bowdown:
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
301baller
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#18 » by 301baller » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:20 pm

Thank God I NEVER eat there when I go to games.
CaPtaiN eYeSaNo
Senior
And1: 1

Post#19 » by CaPtaiN eYeSaNo » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:16 pm

Crap....i usually grab something there...
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#20 » by mohammed10 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:16 am

fishercob wrote:Ted's reply:

Verizon Center / ESPN Report
July 26th, 2010

I was surprised and disappointed by ESPN’s recent industry-wide report and ratings related to the cleanliness of professional sports venues, including Verizon Center. Since we acquired Verizon Center from Washington Sports and Entertainment six weeks ago, we have been planning and making improvements. Please be assured that we take the complaints of our customers extremely seriously, and quality and cleanliness are paramount.

We remain in the early stages of our evaluation process, and the ESPN report touched on some of the elements we have been examining and will be vigilant in improving. We will redouble our efforts immediately and review all facets of the issues identified. Once we have the facts, we will embark on remedies.

From what I understand, the ESPN report stems from incidents in 2009. These professional inspections are conducted several times throughout the year, are unannounced and are public record. When and if issues arise, we will take appropriate action, and from what I understand we have done exactly that in the past.

Aramark and Levy are our concessionaires at the arena. We have had a good relationship with both of them throughout the years, and we count on them to maintain a clean, safe, courteous and responsible service environment for our customers. Aramark recently launched a website to demonstrate and highlight their continued commitment to food safety, http://www.aramarkqualityfood.com.

The past couple of weeks I have talked about my plan to walk a mile in our employees’ footsteps and participate in the cleaning process. I now will step up those efforts and make this a top priority. I will personally get involved in the process and the solutions. We are on it; we’ve already started. We will move this issue from one that appears shocking to one that is a source of pride. I promise.

Tags: ESPN, Ted Leonsis, Ted's Take, Verizon Center

Yep.

Now all we need to do is get BSPN to report about team physicians...

Return to Washington Wizards