ImageImage

Great game by Delfino today. Elected Argentina's NT captain

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

fabio
Veteran
And1: 173

Great game by Delfino today. Elected Argentina's NT captain 

Post#1 » by fabio » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:06 pm

Delfino had a great game today in a pretty weird game between Spain and Argentina. Spain won 83-76, but Delfino had stats of 16-9-7 + 5 steals. As said, the game was really weird since Argentina is facing a wave of bad luck which led to strange rotations. Nocioni didn't play (still recovering), Oberto (starting C) and González (2nd C) had mild injuries yesterday so they didn't play either, same as Cantero (2nd PG) who will probably miss world cup. This last one is the most worrying injury since the 2nd PG (Figueroa) was injured 1 month ago and Cantero was a last minute replacement. Therefore, the only PG in the team is Prigioni, who got out of the game because of PF at the beginning of 3rd quarter, which led to Delfino playing PG for a big part of the game. Thus, Argentina played most of the game with PFs playing as C, and SF (Delfino and Jasen) as PG.

However, the most important aspect of Delfino game was that he dried Ricky Rubio with an asphyxiating D. Rubio only made 2 points while guarded by Delfino.

Another good player for Argentina's team was Scola (26-8-2 and.... 2 3pt!!!), but both Scola and Delfino felt the effort towards the end of the game: both of them were doubled and even tripled by Spain D in the last 5 mins and Scola missed his 6 last FT, while Delfino had 2 TO in the last minute.

For Spain, the best players were Rubio (even when not scoring the guy is an assist machine and one of the fastest players I've ever seen), Navarro and Felipe Reyes (for many people, he's better than Marc Gasol, really strange he doesn't play in an NBA team), who replaced Marc Gasol since 1st quarter due to a mild injury. For those who never saw Ricky Rubio play, pay special attention to this guy, he's simply amazing.

Yesterday, Delfino was elected captain for Argentina's NT at Turkey's Basketball World Cup by all his teammates

Finally, I'll try to get pics of the stadium, it is simply beautiful and teams played under the sky instead of under roof
LarryHarris
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Re: Great game by Delfino today. Elected Argentina's NT captain 

Post#2 » by LarryHarris » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:19 pm

Good for Delfeezy...
"It is time." -Kevin Greene to Clay Matthews at Super Bowl XLV

"I ain't got time for jokers to be bangin' on the drum." -Gary Ellerson
OBF-MKE
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#3 » by OBF-MKE » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:24 pm

I hope he brings it like this for the Bucks this season.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,520

Post#4 » by raferfenix » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:40 pm

I like hearing that he had success at PG. If he can be our 3rd stringer in case Jennings/Dooling get hurt, it saves us a roster spot, and it'd give him more of an opportunity to get minutes here as well.
Dobber-16
Assistant Coach
And1: 439

Post#5 » by Dobber-16 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:46 pm

Open air courts? Beautiful! I love to see games played outside.

Good for Delfino. He's a gamer, alot of people don't realize this. He comes to play every day or night. My kind of Baller.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: all you guys bitching sound like fixed income grandmas at the grocery store.
fabio
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#6 » by fabio » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:28 pm

Dobber-16 wrote:Open air courts? Beautiful! I love to see games played outside.

in fact not exactly open air, it has a sliding roof. I did a search and in fact it is a bulls fight arena conditioned for basketball and tennis games from time to time
TurdFerguson3
Banned User

Post#7 » by TurdFerguson3 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:03 am

good to hear about him being appointed captain too. shows his teammates like him, easy to get along with
pasting_monkeys
Starter
And1: 1

Post#8 » by pasting_monkeys » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:26 am

Thanks for this thread Fabio, I really like Delfino's overall game, he is incredibly versatile and if he can improve his efficiency on offense, then he could be in for a break out year given the opportunity.

If CDR improves his stock this season, I think it would be wise to explore trading him mid season, this would open up more PT for Carlos at back up SG and Moute at SF. I like CDR but I think we'll eventually have to shorten our rotations, and with his cheap contract and talent, he'd be an attractive trade chip. I really like Delfino as our backup SG/SF going forward, his versatility and 3pt shooting really warrants more than 15-20mins per game.
BDUB_30
Banned User

Post#9 » by BDUB_30 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:47 am

If he can play up to his capabilities on a consistent level for us, were going to be an amazing team. IMO, he is another wild card for the Bucks because i think he is capable of being very good if he can just get that consitency going.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,879

Post#10 » by Jez2983 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:47 am

Anyone else besides me love the fact that there are purpose-built Bull fighting stadiums in the world? Awesome. (Although I don't approve of the whole cruelty-to-animals thing)

If Delfino plays anything like he did for the second half of last season, I'll be ecstatic. His defense is underated, and when he's hitting 3's he's an excellent option/compliment to this team. This year I expect his points to drop, but am hoping his assists increase a little.

I bagged him ferociously at the start of last season, but he made me eat my words. I really enjoy the productivity he brings to the team for such a low cost.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Kayjay
Banned User
And1: 180

Post#11 » by Kayjay » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:37 am

Delfino's a champ. I shall shower my love upon him.

PS: Half the Raptors' board's significant others (shocking I know) had crushes on him while he was in Toronto.
Total_Package
Banned User
And1: 49

Post#12 » by Total_Package » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:24 am

Kayjay wrote:Delfino's a champ. I shall shower my love upon him.

You can shower your love on Delfino... I'd prefer to "shower my love" all over Delfino's wife 8-)
JJ From Deep
Sixth Man
And1: 2,090

Post#13 » by JJ From Deep » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:24 pm

Delfino looks like an Armani model
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#14 » by chuckleslove » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Delfino today had 23 points, 6-9 from 3, 2 rebounds, 2 assists and at least a steal or two in a 77-73 win over Brazil. He was the top scorer.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#15 » by Wise1 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:52 pm

Your starting small forward for the Milwaukee Bucks. No doubt.
brandon23baller
Pro Prospect
And1: 3

Post#16 » by brandon23baller » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:16 pm

Wise1 wrote:Your starting small forward for the Milwaukee Bucks. No doubt.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#17 » by Rockmaninoff » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:15 am

Delfino is the man.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#18 » by aboveAverage » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:29 am

I usually don't care for stats abroad, but these are against good teams with NBA starters. Nice to know that Delfino is in good form and is staying in shape. It will be a great battle between him and Maggette for the starting SF spot.

Delfino is still the starter in my books.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks