ImageImage

Bogut Injury Thread: "I may not be 100% this year" (page 21)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

bogut6
Veteran
And1: 3
Location: Being either slightly below or slightly above average.

Bogut Injury Thread: "I may not be 100% this year" (page 21) 

Post#1 » by bogut6 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:58 am

Hey guys,

Bogut just finished his live interview on 'Thursday Night Live' (Australian TV show). Thought I'd post it here to update those who didn't get a chance to see it.

The biggest thing that he said for the whole interview imo was that he tried shooting when he was in Europe but as a result he suffered a build up of fluid in his elbow, which I'm assuming isn't a good sign (maybe someone on here will have a better idea of what it means.)

Sounds like he is targeting the season opener as his return date, but he did say he'd prefer to wait it out and be on the safe side rather than playing the opener when not 100% and hitting a wall in December or whenever.

He mentioned the Gooden acquisiton and the Salmons re-signing in passing....no direct mention of Maggette or CDR or Brockton (Brockman).

Anyone wanting to watch the interview should be able to see it here after the next few hours:
http://ten.com.au/thursday-night-live.htm
PedroGrande
Analyst
And1: 731

Re: Bogut Update (Australian TV Interview) 

Post#2 » by PedroGrande » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:22 am

F
U
C
K
"Hope isn't a plan"
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,221

Post#3 » by Sigra » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:27 am

/season
hdroffffff
Sixth Man
And1: 58

Post#4 » by hdroffffff » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:29 am

OH MY GAWD.

My stomach just dropped.
Total_Package
Banned User
And1: 49

Post#5 » by Total_Package » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:11 pm

I guess it's taking longer than expected..........
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#6 » by AussieBuck » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:26 pm

Bogut plays whether he's 100% or not. At most this will hamper his FT shooting. Not a massive deal by the looks of it.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
hdroffffff
Sixth Man
And1: 58

Post#7 » by hdroffffff » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:31 pm

Yea well he better not if it's going to turn this elbow into a chronic problem. Take ALL the time he needs to get 100% before getting back into it.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#8 » by WRau1 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:39 pm

Take him out back and put em down, imo.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
smooth 'lil balla
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#9 » by smooth 'lil balla » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:50 pm

i guess this means he wasn't going to be ready in round 2 if we beat the hawks.
bogut6
Veteran
And1: 3
Location: Being either slightly below or slightly above average.

Post#10 » by bogut6 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:56 pm

I'm not 100% sure when exactly he had these fluid problems in Europe...but hopefully it was a while ago.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#11 » by LUKE23 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:21 pm

Sounds like he is targeting the season opener as his return date, but he did say he'd prefer to wait it out and be on the safe side rather than playing the opener when not 100% and hitting a wall in December or whenever.

If that is the case, the Bucks are in trouble. If he's not even back until the opener or after, that means he's going on how many months without working out/training? I could see him not even being effective until mid Dec/January. It's been five months since the injury, how is this stuff not worked out yet?
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#12 » by Newz » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:26 pm

I knew that injury wasn't something that you just recovered from with no problems. That was freaking brutal.

Hopefully he can get healthy and stay healthy.
Stopshere2
Head Coach
And1: 38

Post#13 » by Stopshere2 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:39 pm

Here's a transcript of the rehab part of the interview. It is not good news no matter how you spin it as I had the impression that he was further along than this, especially when he said he was closing down his web stuff to concentrate on training.

"It's getting there, frustrating. Just in Europe, doing physio twice a day. Doing physio every day since being back and you don't see immediate results, with my elbow at least. It's frustrating.

"I'm optimistic that I should be ready for the season but you never know with these things because of the nerve damage and so on, it's on its own course.

"[It's my decision] I'm one of those guys who will play through injury but if I'm not 100% for the season to start, there is no sense going into an NBA season at 85% 'cause we're playing up to May.

"I'm still not even shooting the basketball. I shot the ball a little bit in Europe and got a bunch of fluid down in my elbow so I had to stop shooting. So at the moment I'm just lifting weights and conditioning so we'll see what happens."

He'll be back in the States in 2 weeks so I presume a more info will come to light then ... well, maybe.
Luckily, for the revenue department of the government, speed doesn't kill.
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#14 » by blkout » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:09 pm

I blame Europe for this.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,879

Post#15 » by Jez2983 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:14 pm

Stopshere2 wrote:Here's a transcript of the rehab part of the interview. It is not good news no matter how you spin it as I had the impression that he was further along than this, especially when he said he was closing down his web stuff to concentrate on training.

"It's getting there, frustrating. Just in Europe, doing physio twice a day. Doing physio every day since being back and you don't see immediate results, with my elbow at least. It's frustrating.

"I'm optimistic that I should be ready for the season but you never know with these things because of the nerve damage and so on, it's on its own course.

"[It's my decision] I'm one of those guys who will play through injury but if I'm not 100% for the season to start, there is no sense going into an NBA season at 85% 'cause we're playing up to May.

"I'm still not even shooting the basketball. I shot the ball a little bit in Europe and got a bunch of fluid down in my elbow so I had to stop shooting. So at the moment I'm just lifting weights and conditioning so we'll see what happens."

He'll be back in the States in 2 weeks so I presume a more info will come to light then ... well, maybe.

That is crap news.

Especially the nerve damage part, which we hadn't seen before (I think?). Hopefully it's more in the Wallerian degeneration/axonotmesis type region, rather than anything worse. This is where the 'skeleton' of the nerve remains but the other structures inside have to regrow. Recovery is slow. Even more hopefully he's use 'nerve damage' as a layman's term for a bit of residual numbness/tinlging/weakness. I wouldn't be so concerned about that.

I'm also hoping Bogs was in Europe a while ago. The swelling itself isn't such an issue in itself, but stiffness and pain later can mean inflammation which means a healing process is still occurring.

There's still a long time till the season, we just can't expect a magical Bogut jumper and probably should be ecstatic if he plays similarly to last year. A bit confidence-sapping :(
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#16 » by Newz » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:24 pm

Bogut needs to get healthy and stay healthy. He has been banged up with weird injuries, his back or now this freak elbow injury almost his whole career. At some point you just have to say the guy is injury prone.

I'm not extremely confident (though I still believe) that he is going to rebound from this and be the same player he was last year. I also still worry about his back problems and I am wondering when/if they will come back and reduce his impact.

This is terrible news. Even if he is fully healthy by the first game of the season, he won't be in ideal basketball shape because he wouldn't have been shooting a lot or getting himself in the best condition he could be in because of the injury.

Our season and future looks a lot worse if this is true.
speedingtime
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#17 » by speedingtime » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:32 pm

Well this is a big drop off from the happy news we had before. It's frustrating to hear this....

If he can't come back healthy by the start of the season, I doubt he's going to play up to the level he did last season :(
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#18 » by crkone » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:32 pm

Newz wrote:Bogut needs to get healthy and stay healthy. He has been banged up with weird injuries, his back or now this freak elbow injury almost his whole career. At some point you just have to say the guy is injury prone.

I'm not extremely confident (though I still believe) that he is going to rebound from this and be the same player he was last year. I also still worry about his back problems and I am wondering when/if they will come back and reduce his impact.

This is terrible news. Even if he is fully healthy by the first game of the season, he won't be in ideal basketball shape because he wouldn't have been shooting a lot or getting himself in the best condition he could be in because of the injury.

Our season and future looks a lot worse if this is true.

Emo Newz needs a hug.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#19 » by paul » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:36 pm

BLKOUT wrote:I blame Europe for this.

Bet your ass. Time for an invasion, teach that damn continent a lesson.
speedingtime
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#20 » by speedingtime » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:40 pm

Make way for the Drew Gooden era.

It hurt me to type those words. I guess we know why Hammond signed him.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks