Al-Farouq Aminu Teams Up With Geek Eyewear

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Al-Farouq Aminu Teams Up With Geek Eyewear 

Post#1 » by mkwest » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:52 pm

(Los Angeles, CA) GEEKS GOT GAME! Al-Farouq Aminu, one of the top players of the 2010 NBA draft, created a sensation at the NBA Draft on ESPN by wearing a fashionably outrageous pair of eyeglasses. Turns out the glasses were designed and manufactured by Los Angeles based GEEK EYEWEAR, a brand known for combining daring wit and sexiness to create instant attraction….eyewear that is memorable for the bold and beautiful.

“Geek Eyewear is not just for computer nerds and Sci Fi addicts” explains Alena Lehrer, who created GEEK EYEWEAR. “The line was developed to express an attitude.” Today’s geek is a complete individual, which is what I believe originally drew Farouq to GEEK EYEWEAR. Farouq is not the typical ball player: Aminu was a member of the 2008 McDonald’s All American Team and distinguished himself as one of the country’s best forwards. Off the court, Farouq has a great sense of humor and comes across as comfortable with who he is. Farouq’s charisma is a big part of his appearance, which explains his stand-out choice in GEEK EYEWEAR.

The phones started ringing immediately, Alena Lehrer reports. The picture of Farouq at 2010 NBA Draft on ESPN was followed up with a picture that went viral on the Internet of a smiling Farouq with his big arms outstretched holding a basketball, wearing a different pair of GEEK EYEWEAR. “By this point, we looked at ourselves,” Alena says, “we gotta find this guy.” But it was even easier than that, Farouq’s management company, IAM Sports & Entertainment was a step ahead. In less than a week, a deal was set and Al-Farouq Aminu became the official spokesperson of GEEK EYEWEAR.

TheRookieWall / Geek Eyewear
clips_starter
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Al-Farouq Aminu Teams Up With Geek Eyewear 

Post#2 » by clips_starter » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:58 pm

That's great for Aminu, he's defiantly fitting in the community well and seems to be a nice, laid back guy. I like his persona.
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 700

Post#3 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:50 pm

I just thought it was odd that Aminu would wear such big glasses, but I've never been big on glasses anyways
I've been an LA Clipper fan since 1998 and that will never change. I hate our new logo and jerseys!
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#4 » by mkwest » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:05 am

I ain't mad at him at all. He's out getting endorsement deals on his own. He did have a lot of people talking about him on draft night due to the glasses. The geek eyewear isn't really my thing, but it's all good imo.
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,977

Post#5 » by PerkinsFor3 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:48 pm

GEEK EYEWEAR, a brand known for combining daring wit and sexiness to create instant attraction….eyewear that is memorable for the bold and beautiful.

like copying Cazal?

Return to Los Angeles Clippers