Draft

Moderators: UCF, JaxMagic

yaomac11-1
Junior
And1: 0

Draft 

Post#1 » by yaomac11-1 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:51 pm

with the NFL Draft comin up real close, i was wondering who you guys think we should draft in the 1st.

Possibilities:

Kenny Phillips- would complete a young and solid secondary
Phillip Merling- could be best all around DE in the draft
Calais Campbell- would give us a good pass rusher almost right away
Lawrence Jackson- decent pass rusher, but good run defender
Kentwan Balmer- Fills the hole for Stroud leaving
JaxMagic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 325

Post#2 » by JaxMagic » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:43 pm

The five you posted are probably the five msot likely picks for the Jags. However, rumor is the Jags are interested in trading for either Chad Johnson, Jason Taylor, or both. If the FIns draft DE with the 1st pick, and the Jags don't draft a DE in the first then watch out for a Jason Taylor trade. Supposedly, the Jags are offering a third for Taylor and I have no idea what Chad Johnson's price is. Also keep in mind the Jags have two thirds and two fifths, so I fully expect some trading to go down on draft day.
yaomac11-1
Junior

Post#3 » by yaomac11-1 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:37 am

JayDubya wrote:The five you posted are probably the five msot likely picks for the Jags. However, rumor is the Jags are interested in trading for either Chad Johnson, Jason Taylor, or both. If the FIns draft DE with the 1st pick, and the Jags don't draft a DE in the first then watch out for a Jason Taylor trade. Supposedly, the Jags are offering a third for Taylor and I have no idea what Chad Johnson's price is. Also keep in mind the Jags have two thirds and two fifths, so I fully expect some trading to go down on draft day.

i think the price for Chad is a 1st rd pick(i dont think we need him that bad). I would love to trade for taylor(i think at least 3 more good yrs in him), but i would also like to go after a DE early in the draft.
sp1187
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by sp1187 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:28 am

I'm hoping for Calais Campbell. He is the from the U and would just mold in perfectly with this team. Defensive End is a need in my opinion and he is very athletic. and he is 6'8"!!

Howard N Nelson - Magic Future for the Next eh...5 years
JaxMagic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 325

Post#5 » by JaxMagic » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:16 pm

I think the Jags had a very good day one in the draft. I was shocked that the Jags made such an aggressive move to move up. I was down town when the pick was made and everyone went nuts when we drafted another Gator, lol. I think the need for a pass rush has been met, I'm interested to see what they do today now.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Post#6 » by Latrell » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:39 pm

Groves is a steal where the Jags got him. Solid pick. Harvey is good too, I think the Jags were targeting him for a while and the Bills,Pats etc were high on him hence why the Jags moved up to get their guy. OL should be addressed in Day #2
yaomac11-1
Junior

Post#7 » by yaomac11-1 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:25 pm

i thought it was a decent draft for us. Harvey could start right away and Groves could get in the rotation a 3rd down rusher. Next year though both could start. Thomas Williams and Trae Williams give us good depth and Chauncey Washington will be an awesome backup for us.

Return to Jacksonville Jaguars