ImageImageImageImage

The way we get our big man

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MickaelPietrus
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: The way we get our big man 

Post#21 » by MickaelPietrus » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:05 am

Good trade.
Lauxman
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#22 » by Lauxman » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:04 am

Awful, awful.

Jameer needs to stop playing like crap for 95% of the game, but he isn't going anywhere. Not for crap like that.
ADRajX
RealGM
And1: 97

Post#23 » by ADRajX » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:26 am

ayjaykhanna wrote:You're sh**ting me, right? LOL

Trading Jameer is like trading Orlando's heart away.

He's evolved into a clutch shooter over the years and this season.

Long live Mighty Mouse. \m/

I agree...

PLUS, there is really no value, equal or better, that we would get in return for Jameer... there just isn't

Keep the good players on the team, depth is a blessing to have, don't worry about logjams at positions and which player gets what minutes... Nelson, Gil, Howard (~36 min), Turk, and J-Rich will all get ~28-32 minutes a night, save for Howard... with Redick, Anderson, and Bass getting ~24-28 a night, like always... there is no reason to trade Nelson, especially for an "insurance" back-up big who'll likely never play or will get 4-8 minutes a night, for any reason... and that backup big would be basically used for practice sessions mostly, just like with Duhon, Q, and Allen now

The only guys that are "trade-able" for a backup big are Duhon, Q, and Allen (and maybe Orton, if the other team requests, but even then, I'd hold off)... anyone else, such as Redick or Nelson, being used in a trade would be ridiculous and stupid by Otis... he could sign Earl Barron right now for extra cheap, and still keep Duhon, Q, and Allen for practice talents and depth on this team as well... case solved... and if I go by the rotations that SVG used last night and the minutes that were involved as an indicator for the future, it would probably look like this with a back-up big, such as Earl Barron:

PG: Nelson (30min)/Arenas (18min)/Williams (0min)/Duhon (0min)
SG: J-Rich (12min)/Redick (24min)/Arenas (12min)
SF: Hedo (30min)/J-Rich (18min)/Clark (0min)/Q-Rich (0min)
PF: Bass (28min)/Anderson (20min)/Clark (0min/Q-Rich (0min)
C : Howard (36min)/Anderson (8min)/Barron (4min)/Clark (0min)/Orton (0min)/Allen (0min)

Howard- 36 min
Nelson- 30 min
Arenas- 30 min
J-Rich- 30 min
Hedo- 30 min
Bass- 28 min
Anderson- 28 min
Redick- 24 min
Barron- 4 min (or this could go to Clark or Orton later this season)
Clark- 0 min
Williams- 0 min
Q-Rich- 0 min
Duhon- 0 min
Orton- 0 min
Allen- 0 min

That's a GREAT 8-9 man rotation, with great height, speed, agility, athleticism, youth, and veteran attributes... that's some deadly depth and options to have on this team... when you have guys like Clark, Williams, Duhon, Q-Rich, Allen, Orton, and possibly Barron (3rd unit) not getting any minutes at all on this team, you know you have a lot of crazy good starter quality players in the 1st and 2nd unit to work with, and we do

So let's just get it over with, sign some joe schmo 7 footer that can at least move laterally (yes, that's a knock on Malik Allen), and contest shots/rebound/bang downlow for a small bit when Howard is out
“Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” - Laozi
damo[23]
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Post#24 » by damo[23] » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:29 am

Absolutely not.

First off the only "good" piece we get is Davis, and I dont want him on this team. Why are we trading our captain for a back up?

Duhon and QRich arent performing, but those backups we get in return are just not good. We give up a lot just for the sake of getting a back up. Both these guys could go and start on bad teams (well QRich could start on a good few levels, like he did with us).

I'd never do this trade.
ADRajX
RealGM

Post#25 » by ADRajX » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:32 am

@damo[23]

+1 ^
THANK YOU
That's what I'm saying! Why trade Nelson or Redick... OR EVEN TRADE Q, and Duhon for a backup big either? We could just sign one that is "competent" and has "lateral" movement, who can play for 4-8 minutes (or 0 minutes!) a night [cough, Barron, cough cough]

Just keep them, as much as I hate the thought of playing Q and Duhon during games for this team, they're better than other 3rd stringers (they can start for some teams), and they are great depth pieces, talent pieces, practice pieces, and insurance pieces to have on this team... just sign one "competent" backup big, and the Magic have THE DEEPEST team of quality players from player #1 to player #15, top to bottom, in the entire NBA... rotations would be set and there would be a plethora of options to go with in terms of lineups and match-ups/player adjustments... we could match-up with anytime, in any situation, defensively or offensively at all positions
“Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” - Laozi
MiracleBZop
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#26 » by MiracleBZop » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:39 am

damo[23] wrote:Absolutely not.

First off the only "good" piece we get is Davis, and I dont want him on this team. Why are we trading our captain for a back up?

Duhon and QRich arent performing, but those backups we get in return are just not good. We give up a lot just for the sake of getting a back up. Both these guys could go and start on bad teams (well QRich could start on a good few levels, like he did with us).

I'd never do this trade.

DJRajX wrote:@damo[23]

+1 ^
THANK YOU
That's what I'm saying! Why trade Nelson or Redick... OR EVEN TRADE Q, and Duhon for a backup big either? We could just sign one that is "competent" and has "lateral" movement, who can play for 4-8 minutes (or 0 minutes!) a night [cough, Barron, cough cough]

Just keep them, as much as I hate the thought of playing Q and Duhon during games for this team, they're better than other 3rd stringers (they can start for some teams), and they are great depth pieces, talent pieces, practice pieces, and insurance pieces to have on this team... just sign one "competent" backup big, and the Magic have THE DEEPEST team of quality players from player #1 to player #15, top to bottom, in the entire NBA... rotations would be set and there would be a plethora of options to go with in terms of lineups and match-ups/player adjustments... we could match-up with anytime, in any situation, defensively or offensively at all positions

DJRajX wrote:
ayjaykhanna wrote:You're sh**ting me, right? LOL

Trading Jameer is like trading Orlando's heart away.

He's evolved into a clutch shooter over the years and this season.

Long live Mighty Mouse. \m/

I agree...

PLUS, there is really no value, equal or better, that we would get in return for Jameer... there just isn't

Keep the good players on the team, depth is a blessing to have, don't worry about logjams at positions and which player gets what minutes... Nelson, Gil, Howard (~36 min), Turk, and J-Rich will all get ~28-32 minutes a night, save for Howard... with Redick, Anderson, and Bass getting ~24-28 a night, like always... there is no reason to trade Nelson, especially for an "insurance" back-up big who'll likely never play or will get 4-8 minutes a night, for any reason... and that backup big would be basically used for practice sessions mostly, just like with Duhon, Q, and Allen now

The only guys that are "trade-able" for a backup big are Duhon, Q, and Allen (and maybe Orton, if the other team requests, but even then, I'd hold off)... anyone else, such as Redick or Nelson, being used in a trade would be ridiculous and stupid by Otis... he could sign Earl Barron right now for extra cheap, and still keep Duhon, Q, and Allen for practice talents and depth on this team as well... case solved... and if I go by the rotations that SVG used last night and the minutes that were involved as an indicator for the future, it would probably look like this with a back-up big, such as Earl Barron:

PG: Nelson (30min)/Arenas (18min)/Williams (0min)/Duhon (0min)
C : Howard (36min)/Anderson (8min)/Barron (4min)/Clark (0min)/Orton (0min)/Allen (0min)

Howard- 36 min
Nelson- 30 min
Arenas- 30 min
J-Rich- 30 min
Hedo- 30 min
Bass- 28 min
Anderson- 28 min
Redick- 24 min
Clark- 0 min
Williams- 0 min
Q-Rich- 0 min
Duhon- 0 min
Orton- 0 min
Allen- 0 min

That's a GREAT 8-9 man rotation, with great height, speed, agility, athleticism, youth, and veteran attributes... that's some deadly depth and options to have on this team... when you have guys like Clark, Williams, Duhon, Q-Rich, Allen, Orton, and possibly Barron (3rd unit) not getting any minutes at all on this team, you know you have a lot of crazy good starter quality players in the 1st and 2nd unit to work with, and we do

So let's just get it over with, sign some joe schmo 7 footer that can at least move laterally (yes, that's a knock on Malik Allen), and contest shots/rebound/bang downlow for a small bit when Howard is out

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#27 » by MagicFan32 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:02 am

Idunkonyou2 wrote:I'm pretty sure most will hate this, but IMO it would be a great way to get our backup big and a solid backup PG.

Magic trade:

Nelson
QRich
Duhon
Allen

Clippers trade:

B. Davis
Jordan
Cook
Future 1st rounder

Magic after trade:

Arenas, Davis, Williams
Richardson, Redick
Hedo, Clark
Bass, Anderson, Cook
Howard, Jordan, Orton

Awful, just awful, Rather have Nelson than take Davis just to get Jordan.
With our TPE we should be able to get atleast one, if not two serviceable bigs, i'd say atleast one banger type to go against Boston, and perhaps a 3rd C thats more of a skill player

I would be looking at former Celtic Leon Powe, he's more of a PF but hes a tough inside player, should Anderson or Bass Falter he'd be great insurance, honestly Thabeet wouldn't be a bad idea, we just need some fouls and someone who can block shots......he can do those things
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,944

Post#28 » by p0peye » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:17 pm

DJRajX wrote:PG: Nelson (30min)/Arenas (18min)/Williams (0min)/Duhon (0min)

Howard- 36 min
Nelson- 30 min
Arenas- 30 min
J-Rich- 30 min
Hedo- 30 min
Bass- 28 min
Anderson- 28 min
Redick- 24 min
Clark- 0 min
Williams- 0 min
Q-Rich- 0 min
Duhon- 0 min
Orton- 0 min
Allen- 0 min

That's a GREAT 8-9 man rotation, with great height, speed, agility, athleticism, youth, and veteran attributes... that's some deadly depth and options to have on this team... when you have guys like Clark, Williams, Duhon, Q-Rich, Allen, Orton, and possibly Barron (3rd unit) not getting any minutes at all on this team, you know you have a lot crazy good starter quality players in the 1st and 2nd unit to work with, and we do

Im with you on everything, except on those 12 mins for backup C, which I think should go to that joe schmo 7 footer (Kosta Koufos?), while Anderson or Bass jumps in only when Dwight is in foul trouble.
ADRajX
RealGM

Post#29 » by ADRajX » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:22 pm

p0peye wrote:
DJRajX wrote:PG: Nelson (30min)/Arenas (18min)/Williams (0min)/Duhon (0min)

Howard- 36 min
Nelson- 30 min
Arenas- 30 min
J-Rich- 30 min
Hedo- 30 min
Bass- 28 min
Anderson- 28 min
Redick- 24 min
Clark- 0 min
Williams- 0 min
Q-Rich- 0 min
Duhon- 0 min
Orton- 0 min
Allen- 0 min

Im with you on everything, except on those 12 mins for backup C, which I think should go to that joe schmo 7 footer (Kosta Koufos?), while Anderson or Bass jumps in only when Dwight is in foul trouble.

Hey, that works for me 8-) ... I say, just get anyone that's 6'10 or taller and "competent", who can play physical, who is at least 31 years old or younger, and who has lateral quickness to defend (and can at least get a hand up to contest shots/alter shots, and maybe snatch a couple boards/keep the ball alive here and there)... and Bass & Anderson showed that they can play tough physical ball in the frontcourt together

Magic are set once they get that backup big... and they don't really have to trade anyone to get one... but if they do, Q and Duhon are probably the definite ones to go... however, I see no reason why they would have to... just sign a guy like Barron or Koufos, and be done with it
laVal03
Sixth Man
And1: 6

Post#30 » by laVal03 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:28 pm

hell no
SEBAS-07
Sixth Man
And1: 12

Post#31 » by SEBAS-07 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:57 pm

Would anyone do this?

-Trade Jason Williams and Malik Allen for Hamed Haddadi.

-Trade Duhon to Golden State for a second round pick,why? GSW are looking for a backup PG Duhon does not turn the ball over and is good at the pick and roll.David Lee has chemistry with Duhon.

-Sign Earl Barron because Orton is recovering.

-Sign Anthony Johnson.

Lineup

Nelson/Arenas/AJ
JRich/Redick
Hedo/Clark/Q
Anderson/Bass
Dwight/Barron/Haddadi
Smart / Micic / D. Wright
Wiggins / Exum / J. Adams
Parker / K. Anderson / Mcdermott
Randle / Vonleh / Stokes
Embiid / Nurkic/ Tavares
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,944

Post#32 » by p0peye » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:03 pm

No.
ayjaykhanna
Bench Warmer

Post#33 » by ayjaykhanna » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:20 pm

LOL we should get Adonal Foyle out of retirement :lol:

Or how about the guy that everyone in Orlando hates (inc. me) : RASHEED WALLACE lololol
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,829

Post#34 » by Last Guardian » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:27 pm

Of course I would love a 7 foot backup to Dwight, but I am liking the hustle and activity that Bass + Anderson are bringing.
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,584

Post#35 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:45 pm

What is wrong with some posters wanting to trade Nelson in EVERY trade? Can't you see that Nelson is an efficient PG when playing the half court game and Gilbert is effective when we're running up and down, just be blessed that we have TWO great PG for the Magic.

And as for wanting B. Davis for Nelson, NO! Nelson is just fine here. Might Mouse is the heart of this ball club, he needs to stay. If we need a backup big, NO WAY do we trade a starter for one. And I personally think that we should let Clark have that responsibility as a backup for now, and see if we can develop him a little more in that position. It would give him more minutes.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
G-Heel
Head Coach
And1: 365

Post#36 » by G-Heel » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:28 pm

SEBAS-07 wrote:Would anyone do this?

-Trade Jason Williams and Malik Allen for Hamed Haddadi.

-Trade Duhon to Golden State for a second round pick,why? GSW are looking for a backup PG Duhon does not turn the ball over and is good at the pick and roll.David Lee has chemistry with Duhon.

-Sign Earl Barron because Orton is recovering.

-Sign Anthony Johnson.

Lineup

Nelson/Arenas/AJ
JRich/Redick
Hedo/Clark/Q
Anderson/Bass
Dwight/Barron/Haddadi

Not bad for the reg. season, but I don't see any of them making a difference once playoff starts, and thats when we need a big man.
Fire Otis!
JBR152
Rookie
And1: 45

Post#37 » by JBR152 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:32 pm

I hope all these talks about J-Rich for Diaw aren't true. Richardson has a pretty important role to this team.
tillyoubleed
Sophomore
And1: 42

Post#38 » by tillyoubleed » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:50 pm

i would like DeAndre Jordan as our back-up for a number of reasons....... he's cheap, young, has good size, put up similar #'s to Gortat last season playing limited minutes, and he's one of Dwights best friends.......i'm sure that LAC is high on him and wouldn't want to give him up, but IMO he would be a great back-up
ayjaykhanna
Bench Warmer

Post#39 » by ayjaykhanna » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:26 pm

tillyoubleed wrote:i would like DeAndre Jordan as our back-up for a number of reasons....... he's cheap, young, has good size, put up similar #'s to Gortat last season playing limited minutes, and he's one of Dwights best friends.......i'm sure that LAC is high on him and wouldn't want to give him up, but IMO he would be a great back-up

With Chris Kaman out, there is no way that would happen.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#40 » by mhectorgato » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:44 pm

RookieStar wrote:LOL Cook? Stretch 4 FTW

Ryan Anderson says hi :wave:

Hedo Turkoglu says hi :wave:
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.

Return to Orlando Magic