ImageImageImageImageImage

Linus Kleiza: The Most Inefficient Starting SF in the NBA

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

jalenrose#5
Lead Assistant
And1: 266

Linus Kleiza: The Most Inefficient Starting SF in the NBA 

Post#1 » by jalenrose#5 » Sun Jan 9, 2011 1:58 am

Yeah you heard right everyone, according to basketball reference, the Raptors starting SF Linus Kleiza is the most inefficient starting small forward in the league with a PER of 10.6. [Who has played more than 500 mins]

And to add to that, the Raptors have the most inefficient wing players (2's and 3's) in the NBA, with Leandro Barbosa heading the list at an average 15.5 PER.

You can point to Calderon and Bargnani all you want for the team struggles, but our front court and PG rotation is pretty decent, it's the perimeter players right now that suck (thanks Captain Obvious I know).

Just to add, Sonny Weems isn't much better with a PER of 12.6.

Julian Wright, albeit a worse shooter, is still more efficient than both of these guys...even better than DeRozan too with a PER of 13.5

League Average PER is 15.0.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2011.html

Thoughts on what can be done?

Kleiza obviously isn't getting dealt because, a.) his contract is too long and b.) see above, that much money for garbage isn't worth it.

Wright could concievably start for the Raptors, but then defence's clog up the paint and make the Raptors shoot jumpers.

A last resort could be a buyout I guess...it's just time the Raptors really upgrade this spot, or else we'll be lotto bound every year.

Note: After further research, I think Ryan Gomes and Travis Outlaw are a little worse with their PER....look at their teams LAC and NJ..so right there you have it, you need good wing players to be successful in the NBA.
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,185

Re: Linus Kleiza: The Most Inefficient Starting SF in the NBA 

Post#2 » by Tofubeque » Sun Jan 9, 2011 2:04 am

Clearly the solution is to continue to start him, give up 40 point quarters, and let him take shots away from Derozan.

At least that's what Triano will do
props Turbozone
Ill
RealGM
And1: 1,275

Post#3 » by Ill » Sun Jan 9, 2011 2:09 am

I wish we could bench him and start Wright and bring in Weems off the bench.
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,485

Post#4 » by Bankai » Sun Jan 9, 2011 2:12 am

If anything, this will only enforce Triano to play him MORE on the hopes that the more he bombs that eventually he will start to "get it". The "So low, their is no way but up" rule.
fredericklove
Banned User
And1: 6,398

Post#5 » by fredericklove » Sun Jan 9, 2011 2:14 am

He can't guard his man, he shoots way too many bricks, his signature 3 or 4 or 5 steps spin move causes too many to's, and he doesn't pass. So LEO should shut the hell up about him starting over Weems when weems come back. I want Julian to start over those two scrubs!
CreaM
Banned User
And1: 1,163

Post#6 » by CreaM » Sun Jan 9, 2011 2:21 am

Although Linas is averaging 14ppg when he starts, the guy has seriously failed to live up to my high expectations. When watching him play at the worlds, I was convinced that all the guy needed was a chance to start in the NBA and he would surprise everyone. I'm not sure what it is, is Jay not using him properly? Is he fatigued? (from playing basically the whole year) Not sure but it looks like he is trying to force his game out there.
TDotRep
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#7 » by TDotRep » Sun Jan 9, 2011 2:21 am

fredericklove wrote:He can't guard his man, he shoots way too many bricks, his signature 3 or 4 or 5 steps spin move causes too many to's, and he doesn't pass. So LEO should shut the hell up about him starting over Weems when weems come back. I want Julian to start over those two scrubs!

Braaaahh he passes quite often, just to the other team :lol:
jrsmith
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#8 » by jrsmith » Sun Jan 9, 2011 2:41 am

The solution is to fire the moron who keeps making the same mistakes over and over again.
load management
Analyst
And1: 1,871

Post#9 » by load management » Sun Jan 9, 2011 2:46 am

He's no Travis Outlaw!
**** the Tony Brothers
load management
Analyst
And1: 1,871

Post#10 » by load management » Sun Jan 9, 2011 2:46 am

He's no Travis Outlaw!
**** the Tony Brothers
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,415

Post#11 » by Rapsfan07 » Sun Jan 9, 2011 2:50 am

jalenrose#5 wrote:Yeah you heard right everyone, according to basketball reference, the Raptors starting SF Linus Kleiza is the most inefficient starting small forward in the league with a PER of 10.6. [Who has played more than 500 mins]

And to add to that, the Raptors have the most inefficient wing players (2's and 3's) in the NBA, with Leandro Barbosa heading the list at an average 15.5 PER.

You can point to Calderon and Bargnani all you want for the team struggles, but our front court and PG rotation is pretty decent, it's the perimeter players right now that suck (thanks Captain Obvious I know).

Just to add, Sonny Weems isn't much better with a PER of 12.6.

Julian Wright, albeit a worse shooter, is still more efficient than both of these guys...even better than DeRozan too with a PER of 13.5

League Average PER is 15.0.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2011.html

Thoughts on what can be done?

Kleiza obviously isn't getting dealt because, a.) his contract is too long and b.) see above, that much money for garbage isn't worth it.

Wright could concievably start for the Raptors, but then defence's clog up the paint and make the Raptors shoot jumpers.

A last resort could be a buyout I guess...it's just time the Raptors really upgrade this spot, or else we'll be lotto bound every year.

Note: After further research, I think Ryan Gomes and Travis Outlaw are a little worse with their PER....look at their teams LAC and NJ..so right there you have it, you need good wing players to be successful in the NBA.

Our entire team sucks. Simply put. He's movable... For a second-rounder or something :)
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,427

Post#12 » by Brinbe » Sun Jan 9, 2011 2:53 am

He is so unbelievably terrible. The sooner he's moved, the better.
ClarenceDerozan
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#13 » by ClarenceDerozan » Sun Jan 9, 2011 3:01 am

Kleiza + Ed Davis for Andray Blatche
Kleiza for Ryan Gomes + 2nd round pick
aligator
Assistant Coach
And1: 432

Post#14 » by aligator » Sun Jan 9, 2011 3:06 am

Kleiza is a much better player than he has shown. He will continue to play as, unfortunately, Weems is not any better than what he has shown.
Evermore
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#15 » by Evermore » Sun Jan 9, 2011 3:29 am

Kleiza for Childress

Phoenix is looking to move him...
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#16 » by J Dilla » Sun Jan 9, 2011 3:41 am

Is this another mistake by BC?

I don't even think I should say mistake, every move BC makes is a "mistake".
wtfbosh
Veteran
And1: 444

Post#17 » by wtfbosh » Sun Jan 9, 2011 3:44 am

Evermore wrote:Kleiza for Childress

Phoenix is looking to move him...

Already went through this last week in another thread, Childress's contract is even longer and expensive than Kleiza's. If we wanted to shed salary for the future, we might as well trade Kleiza for Thabeet.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Post#18 » by Indeed » Sun Jan 9, 2011 3:51 am

Kleiza plays very similar to Bargnani, but less efficient.
When Bargnani was absent, Kleiza can take his spot and produce quite a bit.
However, both of them do not compliment each other.

We need a passing wing. Julian Wright is a good fit, but he doesn't have the shooting skill (and yes, captain obvious said this earlier).

I hope BC would make some trades and see who are the good fit for our team. I am a little concern with DeRozan fitting in as well, since he doesn't have the passing skill that the core team likes to play with.
OlFlashy
Rookie
And1: 363

Post#19 » by OlFlashy » Sun Jan 9, 2011 4:11 am

all of you turds who are posting to get rid of kleiza and barbosa, why don't you go troll on some other forum. cause right now you're nothin but negative trolls on this board. you jump on a different player all the time, and right now kleiza has not started enough games at SF to draw any sort of conclusion on his efficiency or his POTENTIAL. He is still young and can develop further and is a player who can be part of a winning team. but when you constantly rail on players we have on our team when we don't have anyone SUBSTANTIALLY better, well then you're nothing but a troll. f off
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#20 » by Alfred » Sun Jan 9, 2011 4:16 am

OlFlashy wrote:all of you turds who are posting to get rid of kleiza and barbosa, why don't you go troll on some other forum. cause right now you're nothin but negative trolls on this board. you jump on a different player all the time, and right now kleiza has not started enough games at SF to draw any sort of conclusion on his efficiency or his POTENTIAL. He is still young and can develop further and is a player who can be part of a winning team. but when you constantly rail on players we have on our team when we don't have anyone SUBSTANTIALLY better, well then you're nothing but a troll. f off

I don't think it's "negative" to post stuff about Kleiza being terrible, it's telling the truth. The team would be much, much more enjoyable to watch if he wasn't out there, hoisting up bricks.

Return to Toronto Raptors