Re: Nets @ Blazers 

Post#61 » by JErving » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:37 am

The misery continues.
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#62 » by jeff1624 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:44 am

Rich Rane wrote:And when it happens, like the good fans we are, we will still support the team...until Super Mario RPG 2 comes out and then it's like...PEACE! I'll see you guys in a few days! And then we support the team again when we finish the game.

I wonder if I could hold Square Enix hostage until they make Super Mario RPG 2...I'm sorry, what were we talking about again?

Uhmm.. Super Mario RPG 2 > Nets

Easily...
Dat Leadership
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,585

Post#63 » by Rich Rane » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:53 am

jeff1624 wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:And when it happens, like the good fans we are, we will still support the team...until Super Mario RPG 2 comes out and then it's like...PEACE! I'll see you guys in a few days! And then we support the team again when we finish the game.

I wonder if I could hold Square Enix hostage until they make Super Mario RPG 2...I'm sorry, what were we talking about again?

Easily...

Right...I'm just saying, if Square Enix wants to be b***** and hold Geno for themselves, I say Nintendo comes out with Nintendo RPG. The main villains could be a team of Bowser, Ganondorf, and Mother Brain and henchmen like Wario and Waluigi, Dark Link, Ridley, Andross, Star Wolf...I just want a party of Mario, Link, and Samus and switchable in certain worlds. Damn it, I'm creating my own game!
xam2k7
Junior
And1: 23

Post#64 » by xam2k7 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:54 am

jeff1624 wrote:

Easily...

good lord
jeff1624
RealGM

Post#65 » by jeff1624 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:59 am

Rich Rane wrote:
jeff1624 wrote:

Easily...

Right...I'm just saying, if Square Enix wants to be b***** and hold Geno for themselves, I say Nintendo comes out with Nintendo RPG. The main villains could be a team of Bowser, Ganondorf, and Mother Brain and henchmen like Wario and Waluigi, Dark Link, Ridley, Andross, Star Wolf...I just want a party of Mario, Link, and Samus and switchable in certain worlds. Damn it, I'm creating my own game!

Nintendo has no creativity whatsoever IMO. They have so many options for great games, yet try to implemtn gimmicks like the Wii and the Balance Board.
Dat Leadership
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#66 » by Rich Rane » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:05 am

When they try, they come up with good stuff. Square Enix though...all I've been hearing from my friends since Final Fantasy X is how their Final Fantasy games (main series and off) since X have sucked. Not creating Super Mario RPG 2 is like Avery letting Outlaw attempt to takeover a game...he should do something about it and it baffles the hell out of people when he chooses not to.
jeff1624
RealGM

Post#67 » by jeff1624 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:15 am

I don't know about FF taking a toll for the worse, I enjoyed FFXII though it's story was absolutely forgettable. I enjoyed the battle mechanics more than anything.. wish they hadn't changed that in XIII. I will say that the square development team have been getting lazier and lazier these past few years. I don't even think they're the best when it comes to RPG's anymore, Bioware has overtaken them the last few years.
Dat Leadership
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#68 » by SpeedyG » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:21 am

FFVII changed FF for better and worse. It was the absolute reason it became mainstream, and when it became mainstream it was also the beginning of its departure from the classic FF's.

On a side note, I finally bought 999 for the DS. Hopefully it lives up to the hype.

Oh and looks like another good scoring game by Brook. But hot damn, 6 boards the other game and 3 tonight? He's becoming an Eddy Curry who can block, except Curry can't help but put on weight, Brook can't put on weight.
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#69 » by Rich Rane » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:26 am

I have yet to play a BioWare title. I never got into the Dragon Age series and haven't played Mass Effect 2 yet (I still need to borrow my friend's 360 since I never played the first one).

I honestly haven't played a Final Fantasy title since X. I only mention them (other than not developing Super Mario RPG 2) since my friends always mention their disappointment with their titles. I've also noticed titles off their main series that haven't made a dent like the impact Tactics made.

As far as developers being lazy, no one beats EA Sports.
Infinite Llamas
General Manager
And1: 21,246

Post#70 » by Infinite Llamas » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:37 am

Fellow Atlantic divisioners, I just have one thing to add to this:

Earthbound (Mother 2) is the greatest RPG ever.
Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
jzmagik
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#71 » by jzmagik » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:50 am

Rich Rane wrote:I have yet to play a BioWare title. I never got into the Dragon Age series and haven't played Mass Effect 2 yet (I still need to borrow my friend's 360 since I never played the first one).

I honestly haven't played a Final Fantasy title since X. I only mention them (other than not developing Super Mario RPG 2) since my friends always mention their disappointment with their titles. I've also noticed titles off their main series that haven't made a dent like the impact Tactics made.

As far as developers being lazy, no one beats EA Sports.

Your friends are on some other ish. I loved both X-2 and XIII.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#72 » by Rich Rane » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:53 am

Infinite Llamas wrote:Fellow Atlantic divisioners, I just have one thing to add to this:

Earthbound (Mother 2) is the greatest RPG ever.

SNES had so many awesome RPGs. While I must say I thoroughly enjoyed Earthbound, there was also Final Fantasy IV (II here in North America), Final Fantasy VI (III here), Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, and Super Mario RPG. I also hear Soul Blazer was something to play as was Shadowrun.

jzmagik wrote:Your friends are on some other ish. I loved both X-2 and XIII.

Hey, I'd test it out for myself, but I almost never have time for video games, especially RPGs. Hell, I only beat Fallout 3 a couple months back.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,366

Post#73 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:59 am

I'm bout to get lit up for this, but I never really got into many RPG's.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
8 Mile Ilic
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#74 » by 8 Mile Ilic » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:00 am

What the hell is going on in this thread... It's all about the Pokemons.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#75 » by Rich Rane » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:07 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:I'm bout to get lit up for this, but I never really got into many RPG's.

Try one if you ever catch yourself with some time. Try the still often praised Final Fantasy VII. It's $10 on PSN or try getting it to work on PSX.

8 Mile Ilic wrote:What the hell is going on in this thread... It's all about the Pokemons.

Back in my day, there were 151. I'm not going to go after 400 more. Reshiram and Zekrom (mascots for Black & White) look pretty cool though.
xam2k7
Junior
And1: 23

Post#76 » by xam2k7 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:09 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:I'm bout to get lit up for this, but I never really got into many RPG's.

im with you on this... my video games consist of nba live every year until 2k11, madden every year and mvp baseball until it was discontinued replaced by mlb the show with the occasional nhl and fifa by EA
jeff1624
RealGM

Post#77 » by jeff1624 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:32 am

Rich Rane wrote:

Try one if you ever catch yourself with some time. Try the still often praised Final Fantasy VII. It's $10 on PSN or try getting it to work on PSX.

8 Mile Ilic wrote:What the hell is going on in this thread... It's all about the Pokemons.

Back in my day, there were 151. I'm not going to go after 400 more. Reshiram and Zekrom (mascots for Black & White) look pretty cool though.

im with you on this... my video games consist of nba live every year until 2k11, madden every year and mvp baseball until it was discontinued replaced by mlb the show with the occasional nhl and fifa by EA

- RPG's suck nowadays...
- I <3 MVP baseball 2005
- Nintendo never created the 3D pokemon game I craved when I was younger.
- I've never played FFVII

Runs away
Dat Leadership
Pugsley_2491
Bench Warmer
And1: 3

Post#78 » by Pugsley_2491 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:37 am

Super Mario RPG Legend of the 7 Stars is probably one of my favorite games of all time lol makes me want to go play it again haha.

But anyways I'll be excited to see Lopez and Melo working together.

On a side note, does anyone remember around the draft Portland was thinking about trading Aldridge for our #3 pick. What do you guys think of a potential Lopez/Aldridge frontcourt? Not that it will happen anymore but I feel that could have been a pretty good trade.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#79 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:47 am

Honestly, a Brook/LMA frontcourt probably would have been pretty exciting.

I wonder if they would have meshed though, they're actually pretty similar players, Aldridge is just less stiff and more athletic.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#80 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:49 am

Two RPG's I had that I really enjoyed were Advance Wars 1 and 2.

Return to Brooklyn Nets