Austin Rivers tops High School Hoop National Top 50 ranking

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,970

Austin Rivers tops High School Hoop National Top 50 ranking 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:55 am

Unlike the NBA and its salary cap limitations, crapshoot nature of the draft and guaranteed long-term albatross contracts, college basketball always provides a glimmer of hope right around the corner. Even for big dogs like Duke, whose unbeaten streak and No. 1 ranking was shaken last night in an upset loss at Florida State, the future almost always appears brighter than the present.

So when the Blue Devils lost on Wednesday in part because they shot 31 percent from the field and struggled to sustain a flow on offense, depressed Cameron Crazies could take solace in one fact: Austin Rivers is coming next year.

Nobody on the high school basketball landscape defines instant offense and efficient bucketry quite like Rivers, the 6-3 combo guard out of Winter Park, Fla., who sits in the No. 1 spot of the updated High School Hoop National Top 50 Ranking. Rivers kept his alpha status following the recent holiday tournament season, where he shined at the prestigious City of Palms Classic in Fort Myers, Fla., against top-level national competition. Many other players in the Top 50 were able to test themselves against big-time comp at tournaments across the country that are as much talent showcases as they are proving grounds for the best of the best. Read More
SUN
Lead Assistant
And1: 866

Re: Austin Rivers tops High School Hoop National Top 50 ranking 

Post#2 » by SUN » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:25 am

Good for Austin. I hope Austin and Seth Curry have very nice careers as I like both players. Austin's jumpshot is.. as bit, awkward.
JoeyMorgan619
Rookie
And1: 1,767

Post#3 » by JoeyMorgan619 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:55 pm

SUN wrote:Good for Austin. I hope Austin and Seth Curry have very nice careers as I like both players. Austin's jumpshot is.. as bit, awkward.

His free throw shooting is even more awkward last time I saw it. He like bends his knees, comes up, holds for a second or two, then shoots. Very weird and unorthodox.
lmaonade
Senior
And1: 1

Post#4 » by lmaonade » Tue Feb 1, 2011 10:43 pm

but he beat rondo in a shoot-out a few years back :lol:
SlobbaN
Banned User
And1: 459

Re: Austin Rivers tops High School Hoop National Top 50 rank 

Post#5 » by SlobbaN » Thu Sep 6, 2012 7:39 pm

Return to High School Basketball