2011 Eurobasket seeding and draw thread

re49gb_2gho32fp
Banned User
And1: 14

2011 Eurobasket seeding and draw thread 

Post#1 » by re49gb_2gho32fp » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:08 pm

2011 Eurobasket will take place in Lithuania. The distinguinshing hallmark is that the number of participating countries will be enlarged from 16 to 24 nations. For the first time in history the contest will feature 24 national teams competing for the medals. The seedings have previously been determined and are as follows;

Group 1:
Spain, Serbia, Greece, Slovenia

Group 2:
France, Croatia, Russia, Turkey

Group 3:
Lithuania, Germany, Montenegro, Belgium

Group 4:
Great Britain, Macedonia, Israel, Georgia

Group 5:
Italy, Bulgaria, Poland, Bosnia and Herzegovina

Group 6:
Ukraine, Latvia, QF1*, QF2*

*Denotes countries that will subsequently be known after an additional qualification tournament takes place consisting of a total of three countries.

Draw to take place on: Jan 30th
LithuanianOne
Pro Prospect
And1: 31

Re: 2011 Eurobasket seeding and draw thread 

Post#2 » by LithuanianOne » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:40 am

I will be watching this live on TV. The ceremony looks like it's going to be a big, beutiful event. Hope we won't screw up this :)
knicksfan5494 wrote:ANd by NO means are Monroe and Cousins better than Fields. Wall probably, though.
down_el_road
Senior
And1: 0

Post#3 » by down_el_road » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:15 pm

LIETUVA!!!!!
Banned User

Post#4 » by 666 » Wed Mar 2, 2011 4:32 am

Lithuania is the best basketball country in the world per capita.

Best fans, solid players, consistent and overall great basketball culture.
Sloopy
Freshman

Post#5 » by Sloopy » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:49 pm

I am not an analyst or anything. These are only my opinions.

Group A

Spain
Lithuania
Turkey
Great Britain
Poland
Some Random Team

Spain is most likely gonna be the first in this group as long as they don't get affected from the Lithuanian fans.
Lithuania will use their HCA and be either 2nd or 3rd depending on Turkey's performance.
Turkey was great at FIBA 2010 where they had th HCA but I don't think they can beat Spain without their fans' support.
I don't think Poland or Britain can be first 3 in this group.

Group B

Italy
Israel
France
Latvia
Germany
Serbia

Serbia will most likely be first in this group with France and Germany following them.

Group C

Bosnia and Herzegovina
Macedonia
Croatia
Some Random Team
Montenegro
Greece

I don't know much about this group except Greece but I am pretty sure Greece will win all the games and lead the group.

Group D

Bulgaria
Georgia
Russia
Ukraine
Belgium
Slovenia

Although Slovenia lost to Turkey in a blowout game in Istanbul they have a great, young core and have what it takes to beat Russia.
Again I don't know much about the rest of the countries.

Group E(Top 3 of Group A and B)

IMO:
Spain
Lithuania
Turkey
Serbia
Germany
France

Spain and Serbia will be top 2 imo. The winner of the Turkey/Lithuania game back in Group A will be the 3rd and the loser will most likely be the 4th.I'll go with Lithuania as the 3rd because of the HCA.

Group F

IMO:
Greece
Russia
Slovenia
Random Team who will be eliminated

I don't know much about the other teams in Groups C and D except Greece,Russia and Slovenia but I know they aren't good enough to beat these 3.
5000 Slovenians came to Istanbul to support their team so they are most likely gonna be in Lithuania too. That will be a huge advantage against Russia in the First Round game. So Greece will be first,Slovenia second and Russia third.

Quarter Finals

Spain vs Random team that will lose
Serbia vs Russia
Lithuania vs Slovenia
Turkey vs Greece

Spain wins.
Serbia wins.
Lithuania wins.
Turkey/Greece game will be very interesting. Turkey won the game against Greece in FIBA 2010 and Greece is a declining team IMO.It will be a close game but I think Turkey would win.

Semi Finals

Spain vs Lithuania
Turkey vs Serbia

Lithuania is a developing team and will be a contender for every championship in the next 5 years however Gasol brothers will most likely join the squad which is already strong so I'll go with Spain.

Turkey won against Spain with a controversial layup against Serbia. I think that loss will help Serbia win against Turkey this time. Serbia is the next finalist.

3rd Place

Turkey vs Lithuania

Lithuania will win this game no matter what to get a medal at home.

Final

Spain vs Serbia

Serbia won't be lucky against Spain this time like they were in 2010. Spain wins.
Humans are Evil bastards to claim that a god is all knowing - when the queer bastard is too stupid to comprehend that 4 simultaneous corner 24 hour days and 4 Earth rotations occur within a single 24 hour rotation of CubedEarth.
http://www.timecube.com/
Point forward
Head Coach
And1: 285

Post#6 » by Point forward » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:01 pm

GERMANY has just announced their preliminary squad. DIRK is there :D :D

C - Kaman, McNaughton, Pleiss, Schultze
PF - Dirk, Jagla, Ohlbrecht
SF - Günter, Benzing, Giffey, Wysocki, Zwiener
SG - Herber, Schaffartzik, Schwethelm, Staiger
PG - Hamann, Günther, Bahiense
Jogi Löw to Mario Götze wrote:Show the world that you are better than Messi.
mcray
Junior

Post#7 » by mcray » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:03 am

Sloopy wrote:

Wow you're underestimating Lithuania.
ecthelion
Ballboy

Post#8 » by ecthelion » Thu Sep 1, 2011 9:03 am

Turkey was great at FIBA 2010 where they had th HCA but I don't think they can beat Spain without their fans' support.

Turkey actually did beat Spain at Eurobasket 2009, albeit in an ugly game. The rosters are very close to what they are now. Mind you, Spain were the winners that year.
Huuminh
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#9 » by Huuminh » Fri Sep 9, 2011 10:02 am

I think Turkey will do good if Hedo does good. When he is one he is really good, both creating and shooting. He gets lazy and just jacks up bad fade aways most of the time though.
bijoy12
Banned User

Post#10 » by bijoy12 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:16 pm

Lithuania is starting to live on waiting Eurobasket 2011

Probably one of the most important event for Lithuania in the upcoming 2011 years will be European Basketball Championship. Almost everything is going to be around this upcoming competition.

With the first 2011 event – group draw at the end of January, this year, will be a lot of events, which will be related to this basketball championship. Also, this year, it is expected to start a cooperation with NBA league. In summer time, Lithuanian Basketball Federation is going to arrange some projects, which should be first steps in bringing an NBA team to Lithuania. Some of NBA legends should visit Lithuania as well.

Lithuania expects to arrange a huge basketball festival on 2011. That all basketball fans would remember this competition for a long time!

The construction of basketball arenas, which are not built yet, is going to the end and it is already known, when all of them should be done. All the staff, which is responsible for the Eurobasket 2011 is already prepared for this championship and could held this competition even now.

We would like to remind you, that group draw of Eurobasket 2011 will be held on January 30, and will divide the qualified teams into four groups of six, groups A, B, C, and D. Lithuania will play in Panevėzys, Latvia in Siauliai. Tickets will go on sale on the 1st of March and the prices will be published soon. European Basketball Championship 2011 (Eurobasket) will be held on 31 August – 18 September.
san antonio dentists
steveconti
Ballboy

Post#11 » by steveconti » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:49 am

Lithuania is starting to live on waiting Eurobasket 2011

Probably one of the most important event for Lithuania in the upcoming 2011 years will be European Basketball Championship. Almost everything is going to be around this upcoming competition.

With the first 2011 event – group draw at the end of January, this year, will be a lot of events, which will be related to this basketball championship. Also, this year, it is expected to start a cooperation with NBA league. In summer time, Lithuanian Basketball Federation is going to arrange some projects, which should be first steps in bringing an NBA team to Lithuania. Some of NBA legends should visit Lithuania as well.
pustiuady
Ballboy

Post#12 » by pustiuady » Sat Apr 7, 2012 7:50 pm

Thanks for share man. Tickets will go on sale on the 1st of March and the prices will be published soon. European Basketball Championship 2011 (Eurobasket) will be held on 31 August – 18 September.

Return to National Team Competitions