ImageImageImageImageImage

Jordan Crawford

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,954

Jordan Crawford 

Post#1 » by FAH1223 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:45 am

I didn't see a topic for him, so I'm gonna dedicate one to him after a good outing tonight.

So he had 27 points tonight, streaky as hell... can be a little bit of a playmaker... and has an uncanny way of getting into the paint with his lanky hanky... whatever you want to call it :lol:

I've seen people here say that he can't play with Wall on here... why is that? I know Wall needs the ball in his hands most of the time but this Crawford kid knows how to play on and off the ball...tonight he had it more than usual cause John was injured...

whats his ceiling? he is a very interesting prospect if his shot has returned from his days at Xaivier
Duffy
Ballboy
And1: 2

Re: Jordan Crawford 

Post#2 » by Duffy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:45 am

FAH1223 wrote:whats his ceiling?

Bob Sura?
The Fax
Senior
And1: 33

Post#3 » by The Fax » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:01 am

Too early to tell. IMO, he'll be a great 6th man for a playoff team.
DaRealHibachi
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#4 » by DaRealHibachi » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:07 am

The Fax wrote:Too early to tell. IMO, he'll be a great 6th man for a playoff team.

+1

I see a Hibachi-lite in this dude eventually... Can get to the line, streaky shooter, volume shooter, good slasher, underrated passer while being at least average defensively...

He needs to pick his spots better though...
:beer: Magnumt
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,811

Post#5 » by tontoz » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:04 pm

This team needs scoring badly and he has already shown the ability to score going to the rim. he also makes some good passes while on the move. If his jumper shows some more consistency he could be a big help.

Some Hawks fans aren't too happy seeing what he is up to lately.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,593

Post#6 » by pancakes3 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:07 pm

funny enough, i see jamal crawford in this kid. maybe not the handles, but definitely that 6th man scorer type like Terry and Manu... just not as good. hopefully crawford's high scoring outings are able to give EG some bluff credibility and keep nick's extension figures in check.
Bullets -> Wizards
RT31
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#7 » by RT31 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:15 pm

i agree, great 6th man. if he's hot, he's hot. on a decent team, sub him in at the end of the 1st. let him get 3 shots. if he makes them, he stays in, if he misses, he's done for the night.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#8 » by hands11 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:51 pm

Just glad we have the minutes to give him a good look. He showed some nice stuff last night.

Right now I have them keeping him as a second PG/SG

Why ?
Cuz EG held out of the trade until he was included. That means they see something they want to keep around a few years and he is signed cheap to a rookie contract.

Also, good insurance in Nick negotiations. He hasn't shown he can shoot like Nick yet but he has showed flashes. Hopefully the new CBA comes back with 3 year contracts because that would be perfect for Nick.

I would like to see Wall, Nick, with Crawford backing up the PG/SG where he runs the show sometimes as his first roll but also gets some burn at SG in reserve. Then they need to find pure shooter to add to the group. A Kyle K type or better. Make a vet type since this team is short of them.

Once they add another front court player via the draft, and Wall gets an off season to improve his outside shot more, they should be able to show the improvement I would want to see as the next step.

Wall/Craw
Nick/Craw/??
Lewis/Draft 2/ Maybe even Howard on another 1 year contract
Draft 1/Booker
Dray/McGee/Seraphin/Hamady

Vets: Lewis, maybe Howard, maybe back up SG
Not active/Gone: Yi, Mo, Musatfa

Still really young but all assets should be worth more once they get to play with more talent. Then the next move will be more clear. The draft pick PF and SF is probably going to take 1-2 to develop. But with everyone being young, they will be coming along in sync with Wall.

Lewis may get renegotiated and keep as the back up long range shooter back up starter and if they get Howard on another 1 year they will get to pick between the two.

They have options. They should be better next year and moving in the right direction. Everyone should be putting in a lot of work this summer. Lots to prove next year. There is something they should be able to see coming together. The fight will be..do you want to be a part of the Wall team over the next 3 years. They finally have a star to build around. That changes a lot both with players here and FA who they look to bring here.
20MexicanosIn1Van
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#9 » by 20MexicanosIn1Van » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:32 pm

He loves to shoot and does so inefficiently. But he's only a rookie and it's not like we have many other options. However, when both him and Nick are available there is no way Crawford should be shooting more than Nick as he has done a few times with the Wiz.
eitanr
General Manager
And1: 291

Post#10 » by eitanr » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:35 pm

I agree with the Crawford comparisons, but don't believe he and Young can be 2-guards here together moving forward. It would make sense to have Crawford as that 6th man type and either via trade or free agency nad a more stable veteran presence at the 2 guard as oppose to retaining Young, at least a stop gap option. Young to me is also a 6th man type in a similar mold as Crawford. I'd rather not have that much money tied up at one position to redundancy.
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

http://fullcourtanalytics.blogspot.com/
tontoz
RealGM

Post#11 » by tontoz » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:05 pm

eitanr wrote:I agree with the Crawford comparisons, but don't believe he and Young can be 2-guards here together moving forward. It would make sense to have Crawford as that 6th man type and either via trade or free agency nad a more stable veteran presence at the 2 guard as oppose to retaining Young, at least a stop gap option. Young to me is also a 6th man type in a similar mold as Crawford. I'd rather not have that much money tied up at one position to redundancy.

I don't get this. Crawford is on a cheap rookie deal for 3 more seasons after this one and Nick is unlikely to get a big deal because he is restricted and there are several 2 guards available. Their two deals combined could wind up being roughly the same as Blatche's deal.

Crawford looks like he might be able to play some backup pg when makes it easier to keep them both. This team badly needs scoring so i don't see why they shouldn't keep both of them.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#12 » by GhostsOfGil » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:08 pm

crawford just needs to work on his shot selection. other than that, he looks like he will be a great complement to wall in a few years. imo rookie crawford has been more impressive than rookie nick young. i may be the only one who thinks this, but moving forward, i think we should look to build with wall and crawford rather than wall and young.
no D in Hibachi
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#13 » by no D in Hibachi » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:04 pm

Crawford doesn't have the size at SG to be a 'building block'. He has the chance to be a good/very good bench player, but at this point in the rebuild it's a bit foolish to start building around reserves. If I had to choose between N1 and Crawford I'd take N1 because he's better defensively. Hopefully N1 can be resigned at a reasonable price. Anything more than $5M per I'd let him walk.
20MexicanosIn1Van
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#14 » by 20MexicanosIn1Van » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:05 pm

I say keep both Young and Crawford and see what happens when Crawford's rookie contract expires. Try to sign Nick to a three year contract so that Crawford and Young expire at the same time and the Wizards make a choice then. Making this choice during the summer is premature because Crawford is only a rookie who will have played 30ish games for us at that time.
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#15 » by Higga » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:21 pm

Perfect 6th man who can shoot us back into a game. Can also shoot us out of one. I'd say he's a keeper though, he's still young. I'd avoid playing him and Young at the same time unless it's a last second must score type situation though...
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
tontoz
RealGM

Post#16 » by tontoz » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:30 pm

The fact that we are even having this discussion shows how good a deal the trade was. I can see why EG was insistent on Crawford being part of the deal.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,062

Post#17 » by Dat2U » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:56 pm

I knew there was a reason why I had Crawford ranked as one of the top 15 picks in last years draft. I think his shot and shot selection will get better in time. I think he can play with Wall but maybe it's not an ideal fit in Flip's PG centric offense.

Crawford is definitely the chip that helps bring down Young's value to the Wizards. I hope Crawford puts up a few more nice games like this so it makes Young even more replaceable than he already is.
fugop
Veteran
And1: 9

Post#18 » by fugop » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:59 pm

Crawford's herky jerky style reminds me of Ginobili. I'll confess that I've tried to emulate it on the court, and I feel like I'm about to fall over with every move. Completely alien to me.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 18,999

Post#19 » by nate33 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:12 pm

We need to dial things back here. Crawford is just jacking up shots. He's jacked up 14 shots a game in the 7 games in March and is shooting an eFG% of just .425. That's flat out terrible. I mean really, really bad.

Don't let the one 27 point game fool you. He played 48 minutes. Basically, he scored 20 points per 36 minutes with a TS% of .571. Nick Young AVERAGED that for most of the season until his knee injury brought down his percentages a bit.

I like some things that I see out of Crawford. He has real nice court vision and a willingness to defend. But he simply MUST get his shooting efficiency up quite a bit before he's considered a worthwhile player in this league.
DMVleGeND
Sixth Man
And1: 194

Post#20 » by DMVleGeND » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:15 pm

nate33 wrote:We need to dial things back here. Crawford is just jacking up shots. He's jacked up 14 shots a game in the 7 games in March and is shooting an eFG% of just .425. That's flat out terrible. I mean really, really bad.

Don't let the one 27 point game fool you. He played 48 minutes. Basically, he scored 20 points per 36 minutes with a TS% of .571. Nick Young AVERAGED that for most of the season until his knee injury brought down his percentages a bit.

I like some things that I see out of Crawford. He has real nice court vision and a willingness to defend. But he simply MUST get his shooting efficiency up quite a bit before he's considered a worthwhile player in this league.

You're right, but I haven't even been that upset with his shot-jacking lately, because we have no other scorers on the team, especially with Blatche and Lewis out, and Nick injured. He's the only one that can penetrate and score.
Formerly known as 7-day Dray

Return to Washington Wizards