ImageImage

Was anyone listening to Woelful on the radio today?

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,155
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Was anyone listening to Woelful on the radio today? 

Post#1 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Jun 3, 2011 11:35 pm

Sorry if I'm off-base here. I'm on a bus to Milwaukee for the weekend. Somebody sent me a text saying they were listening to the radio and said that he suggested Jennings will be dealt, just a matter of to which team. That is no surprise.

He went on to say Jennings for Pau Gasol, which made me LOL.

Anyone confirm this?

If so, PP/MD, you can open it up as the Woelful thread for today and that he suggested this "rumor."
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Re: Was anyone listening to Woelful on the radio today? 

Post#2 » by blkout » Fri Jun 3, 2011 11:40 pm

Wow this is crazy if true. Maybe Gery, Gery's insider or Gery's son can fill us in.
jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,001

Post#3 » by jokeboy86 » Sat Jun 4, 2011 12:09 am

Why would they trade Jennings after 2 years? This doesn't make any sense if they are actively trying to trade him.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,672

Post#4 » by jimmybones » Sat Jun 4, 2011 12:16 am

?
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,722

Post#5 » by Ayt » Sat Jun 4, 2011 12:25 am

BJ for Pau is LOLZ.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#6 » by emunney » Sat Jun 4, 2011 12:31 am

Ayt wrote:BJ for Pau is LOLZ.

F'real. Of course he thinks we should dump BJ if he thinks Pau's coming back.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,219

Post#7 » by Matches Malone » Sat Jun 4, 2011 12:32 am

I would absolutely welcome a Brandon Jennings trade. The sooner we can trade this diva the sooner we can start rebuilding an actual young core with room to grow and win. BJ for Pau would be a terrible trade but if we can get something of value, possibly a 2012 unprotected first or something like that then I'm all for it. However, i'm not willing to part ways with him for scrap parts or aging veterans.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,722

Post#8 » by Ayt » Sat Jun 4, 2011 12:34 am

StikWitEM wrote:I would absolutely welcome a Brandon Jennings trade. The sooner we can trade this diva the sooner we can start rebuilding an actual young core with room to grow and win. BJ for Pau would be a terrible trade but if we can get something of value, possibly a 2012 unprotected first or something like that then I'm all for it. However, i'm not willing to part ways with him for scrap parts or aging veterans.

We could just turn around and trade Pau for something better than Jennings if we wanted.
jwill535
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#9 » by jwill535 » Sat Jun 4, 2011 12:41 am

Stuff relating to the Bucks at the 23:00 minute mark

- Makes mention that Burks is the one they really love

- Rumors that Gasol could be in Milwaukee

- Jennings + Ersan and/or 10 pick for Gasol (an abortion of a trade)

http://www.thebig1070.com/cc-common/podcast/single_page.html?more_page=&podcast=hellerandmurphy&selected_podcast=06-03-11-Heller-HR2.mp3
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,219

Post#10 » by Matches Malone » Sat Jun 4, 2011 12:45 am

Regardless of what we could get for Jennings I despise his attitude. I would much rather get rid of him so we don't allow him to continue to get upset about not playing in a big market like LA or New York. The way I see it going is BJ will eventually become a cancer in the locker room and ruin team chemistry and pollute future prospects this team will get in the draft and future drafts. I think Jennings is going to be a good player and I don't think his sophmore slump is any indication of the player he can become, but not playing in a big market will take it's toll on Jennings and soon he'll just leave without any compensation to bring back for Milwaukee.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
smooth 'lil balla
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#11 » by smooth 'lil balla » Sat Jun 4, 2011 12:47 am

I can't decide if I like the Jennings for Pau deal. Obviously it's a huge upgrade talent wise, but isn't pau 31? Not sure how many years he has left. Although if he gave us 4 good years next to Bogut there could be something there. I'd like to draft Jimmer or Burks at 10 with Jimmer being my preference.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#12 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Sat Jun 4, 2011 12:50 am

I'd tune in quite a bit next season if we had Bogut and Pau in the front court. Who the hell would be our PG though?
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#13 » by trwi7 » Sat Jun 4, 2011 12:52 am

jwill535 wrote:- Jennings + Ersan and/or 10 pick for Gasol (an abortion of a trade)

I wish we made more abortions of trades like that.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#14 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sat Jun 4, 2011 12:54 am

I would trade Jennings & Ersan for Pau Gasol.

Gasol and Bogut would be a very dominant frontcourt. Having a player of Pau's to give to in the post would take so much pressure off Bogut to become a player he is not. Pau would take care of all the post offense and would be a great rebounder and passer.

Being both international players as well, I think Bogut and Pau could be the smartest frontcourt in the NBA.

If Pau is really done in LA and that is a real possibility I suppose, I would hope Hammond goes after it, but I don't think he's smart enough to pull off a trade of this caliber.

I would like to think that Pau would like to play with Bogut and Delfino and wouldn't mind Milwaukee, but I'm not sure. Not like he has a choice though.

Other pieces would have to be involved most likely either Maggette, Gooden or Salmons just cause of salary, not sure how it would all shake out.

For a PG, I would hope we draft one or perhaps go after Ridnour as a stop gap for a couple years.

Ridnour/Salmons/Delfino/Pau/Bogut.....I would love that lineup.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,319

Post#15 » by SupremeHustle » Sat Jun 4, 2011 12:55 am

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:I'd tune in quite a bit next season if we had Bogut and Pau in the front court. Who the hell would be our PG though?

Telfair, Ronnie Price, Acie Law. It would be awesome!
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#16 » by WRau1 » Sat Jun 4, 2011 12:55 am

If we could get Pau without giving up Andrew then we better do it, Gasol/Bogut is the best front court in the NBA.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,834

Post#17 » by coolhandluke121 » Sat Jun 4, 2011 12:59 am

ROFLMAO at BJ for Pau. There better be at least a dozen extra BJ's in it for the Lakers official who makes that happen, if you know what I'm saying.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,155
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#18 » by Kerb Hohl » Sat Jun 4, 2011 1:04 am

Sorry for the roundabout 3rd tier rumor I started. Since nobody heard it and I haven't seen it on Google, in any way, go ahead and lock this thing up.

At least we got some lolz.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#19 » by trwi7 » Sat Jun 4, 2011 1:05 am

Just listening to Woelfel it sounds like his rumors come from a Magic 8 Ball.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#20 » by El Duderino » Sat Jun 4, 2011 1:09 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:I would trade Jennings & Ersan for Pau Gasol.

Gasol and Bogut would be a very dominant frontcourt. Having a player of Pau's to give to in the post would take so much pressure off Bogut to become a player he is not. Pau would take care of all the post offense and would be a great rebounder and passer.

Being both international players as well, I think Bogut and Pau could be the smartest frontcourt in the NBA.

If Pau is really done in LA and that is a real possibility I suppose, I would hope Hammond goes after it, but I don't think he's smart enough to pull off a trade of this caliber.

I'm as down on Hammond as anyone else here, but i'm quite sure he'd spring wood if the Lakers agreed to trade Gasol for a meager package involving Jennings/Ersan and the 10th pick.

The problem is that the Lakers would never agree to a trade like that. We have nothing on our roster that i could see sparking the interest of LA enough to send us Gasol in return.

It's not like they'll be in some youth rebuilding mode while Kobe is still on the team.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks