yardbarker

Was anyone listening to Woelful on the radio today?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Post#1 Was anyone listening to Woelful on the radio
Fri Jun 3, 2011 6:35 pm by Kerb Hohl

Sorry if I'm off-base here. I'm on a bus to Milwaukee for the weekend. Somebody sent me a text saying they were listening to the radio and said that he suggested Jennings will be dealt, just a matter of to which team. That is no surprise.

He went on to say Jennings for Pau Gasol, which made me LOL.

Anyone confirm this?

If so, PP/MD, you can open it up as the Woelful thread for today and that he suggested this "rumor."
GrendonJennings wrote:2011-2012: 32-34
2012-2013: 42-40
2013-2014: 39-43
2014-2015: 44-38
2015-2016: 35-47
2016-2017: 40-42
2017-2018: (Las Vegas)
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 20,351
And1: 270
Joined: Jun 17, 2005
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?
Top

Post#2 Re: Was anyone listening to Woelful on the ra
Fri Jun 3, 2011 6:40 pm by blkout

Wow this is crazy if true. Maybe Gery, Gery's insider or Gery's son can fill us in.
Image
blkout

Forum Mod
Forum Mod
User avatar
Posts: 31,057
And1: 1,590
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Location: Melbourne
Top

Post#3 Re: Was anyone listening to Woelful on the ra
Fri Jun 3, 2011 7:09 pm by jokeboy86

Why would they trade Jennings after 2 years? This doesn't make any sense if they are actively trying to trade him.
jokeboy86
Starter
Posts: 2,194
And1: 98
Joined: May 8, 2007
Top

Post#4 Re: Was anyone listening to Woelful on the ra
Fri Jun 3, 2011 7:16 pm by jimmybones

?
jimmybones
Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,820
And1: 157
Joined: May 29, 2009
Top

Post#5 Re: Was anyone listening to Woelful on the ra
Fri Jun 3, 2011 7:25 pm by Ayt

BJ for Pau is LOLZ.
Ayt
RealGM
Posts: 44,591
And1: 1,752
Joined: Jun 27, 2005
Top

Post#6 Re: Was anyone listening to Woelful on the ra
Fri Jun 3, 2011 7:31 pm by emunney

Ayt wrote:BJ for Pau is LOLZ.


F'real. Of course he thinks we should dump BJ if he thinks Pau's coming back.
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.
emunney
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 30,332
And1: 1,913
Joined: Feb 21, 2005
Location: Trusting in Thannies
Top

Post#7 Re: Was anyone listening to Woelful on the ra
Fri Jun 3, 2011 7:32 pm by Matches Malone

I would absolutely welcome a Brandon Jennings trade. The sooner we can trade this diva the sooner we can start rebuilding an actual young core with room to grow and win. BJ for Pau would be a terrible trade but if we can get something of value, possibly a 2012 unprotected first or something like that then I'm all for it. However, i'm not willing to part ways with him for scrap parts or aging veterans.
Matches Malone



Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 4,117
And1: 789
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
Location: Whitewater
Top

Post#8 Re: Was anyone listening to Woelful on the ra
Fri Jun 3, 2011 7:34 pm by Ayt

StikWitEM wrote:I would absolutely welcome a Brandon Jennings trade. The sooner we can trade this diva the sooner we can start rebuilding an actual young core with room to grow and win. BJ for Pau would be a terrible trade but if we can get something of value, possibly a 2012 unprotected first or something like that then I'm all for it. However, i'm not willing to part ways with him for scrap parts or aging veterans.


Image


We could just turn around and trade Pau for something better than Jennings if we wanted.
Ayt
RealGM
Posts: 44,591
And1: 1,752
Joined: Jun 27, 2005
Top

Post#9 Re: Was anyone listening to Woelful on the ra
Fri Jun 3, 2011 7:41 pm by jwill535

Stuff relating to the Bucks at the 23:00 minute mark

- Makes mention that Burks is the one they really love

- Rumors that Gasol could be in Milwaukee

- Jennings + Ersan and/or 10 pick for Gasol (an abortion of a trade)

http://www.thebig1070.com/cc-common/podcast/single_page.html?more_page=&podcast=hellerandmurphy&selected_podcast=06-03-11-Heller-HR2.mp3
jwill535
Sophomore
Posts: 129
And1: 20
Joined: Jul 12, 2010
Top

Post#10 Re: Was anyone listening to Woelful on the ra
Fri Jun 3, 2011 7:45 pm by Matches Malone

Regardless of what we could get for Jennings I despise his attitude. I would much rather get rid of him so we don't allow him to continue to get upset about not playing in a big market like LA or New York. The way I see it going is BJ will eventually become a cancer in the locker room and ruin team chemistry and pollute future prospects this team will get in the draft and future drafts. I think Jennings is going to be a good player and I don't think his sophmore slump is any indication of the player he can become, but not playing in a big market will take it's toll on Jennings and soon he'll just leave without any compensation to bring back for Milwaukee.
Matches Malone



Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 4,117
And1: 789
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
Location: Whitewater
Top

Post#11 Re: Was anyone listening to Woelful on the ra
Fri Jun 3, 2011 7:47 pm by smooth 'lil balla

I can't decide if I like the Jennings for Pau deal. Obviously it's a huge upgrade talent wise, but isn't pau 31? Not sure how many years he has left. Although if he gave us 4 good years next to Bogut there could be something there. I'd like to draft Jimmer or Burks at 10 with Jimmer being my preference.
smooth 'lil balla
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,965
And1: 7
Joined: Nov 20, 2003
Top

Post#12 Re: Was anyone listening to Woelful on the ra
Fri Jun 3, 2011 7:50 pm by PkrsBcksGphsMqt

I'd tune in quite a bit next season if we had Bogut and Pau in the front court. Who the hell would be our PG though?
Founding member of The Cult of Giannis.


BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt


RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 17,560
And1: 1,159
Joined: Oct 26, 2005
Location: Madison
Top

Post#13 Re: Was anyone listening to Woelful on the ra
Fri Jun 3, 2011 7:52 pm by trwi7

jwill535 wrote:- Jennings + Ersan and/or 10 pick for Gasol (an abortion of a trade)


I wish we made more abortions of trades like that.
stellation wrote:"What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."
trwi7





RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 86,637
And1: 4,000
Joined: Jul 12, 2006
Location: Aussie bias
Top

Post#14 Re: Was anyone listening to Woelful on the ra
Fri Jun 3, 2011 7:54 pm by EastSideBucksFan

I would trade Jennings & Ersan for Pau Gasol.

Gasol and Bogut would be a very dominant frontcourt. Having a player of Pau's to give to in the post would take so much pressure off Bogut to become a player he is not. Pau would take care of all the post offense and would be a great rebounder and passer.

Being both international players as well, I think Bogut and Pau could be the smartest frontcourt in the NBA.

If Pau is really done in LA and that is a real possibility I suppose, I would hope Hammond goes after it, but I don't think he's smart enough to pull off a trade of this caliber.

I would like to think that Pau would like to play with Bogut and Delfino and wouldn't mind Milwaukee, but I'm not sure. Not like he has a choice though.

Other pieces would have to be involved most likely either Maggette, Gooden or Salmons just cause of salary, not sure how it would all shake out.

For a PG, I would hope we draft one or perhaps go after Ridnour as a stop gap for a couple years.

Ridnour/Salmons/Delfino/Pau/Bogut.....I would love that lineup.
EastSideBucksFan

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 14,871
And1: 1,296
Joined: Jan 31, 2006
Top

Post#15 Re: Was anyone listening to Woelful on the ra
Fri Jun 3, 2011 7:55 pm by SupremeHustle

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:I'd tune in quite a bit next season if we had Bogut and Pau in the front court. Who the hell would be our PG though?


Telfair, Ronnie Price, Acie Law. It would be awesome!
Basketball is my favorite sport.
I like the way they dribble up and down the court.

--Kurtis Blow
SupremeHustle

General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 8,835
And1: 1,547
Joined: Feb 11, 2005
Location: Cloud 9
Top

Post#16 Re: Was anyone listening to Woelful on the ra
Fri Jun 3, 2011 7:55 pm by WRau1

If we could get Pau without giving up Andrew then we better do it, Gasol/Bogut is the best front court in the NBA.
Image
WRau1



Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,146
And1: 267
Joined: Apr 30, 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Top

Post#17 Re: Was anyone listening to Woelful on the ra
Fri Jun 3, 2011 7:59 pm by coolhandluke121

ROFLMAO at BJ for Pau. There better be at least a dozen extra BJ's in it for the Lakers official who makes that happen, if you know what I'm saying.
When you're spinning your wheels in mud, sometimes you have to put the car in reverse. If you refuse to do so on principle, you're an idiot.
coolhandluke121
Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 4,612
And1: 139
Joined: Sep 23, 2007
Top

Post#18 Re: Was anyone listening to Woelful on the ra
Fri Jun 3, 2011 8:04 pm by Kerb Hohl

Sorry for the roundabout 3rd tier rumor I started. Since nobody heard it and I haven't seen it on Google, in any way, go ahead and lock this thing up.

At least we got some lolz.
GrendonJennings wrote:2011-2012: 32-34
2012-2013: 42-40
2013-2014: 39-43
2014-2015: 44-38
2015-2016: 35-47
2016-2017: 40-42
2017-2018: (Las Vegas)
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 20,351
And1: 270
Joined: Jun 17, 2005
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?
Top

Post#19 Re: Was anyone listening to Woelful on the ra
Fri Jun 3, 2011 8:05 pm by trwi7

Just listening to Woelfel it sounds like his rumors come from a Magic 8 Ball.
stellation wrote:"What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."
trwi7





RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 86,637
And1: 4,000
Joined: Jul 12, 2006
Location: Aussie bias
Top

Post#20 Re: Was anyone listening to Woelful on the ra
Fri Jun 3, 2011 8:09 pm by El Duderino

EastSideBucksFan wrote:I would trade Jennings & Ersan for Pau Gasol.

Gasol and Bogut would be a very dominant frontcourt. Having a player of Pau's to give to in the post would take so much pressure off Bogut to become a player he is not. Pau would take care of all the post offense and would be a great rebounder and passer.

Being both international players as well, I think Bogut and Pau could be the smartest frontcourt in the NBA.

If Pau is really done in LA and that is a real possibility I suppose, I would hope Hammond goes after it, but I don't think he's smart enough to pull off a trade of this caliber.


I'm as down on Hammond as anyone else here, but i'm quite sure he'd spring wood if the Lakers agreed to trade Gasol for a meager package involving Jennings/Ersan and the 10th pick.

The problem is that the Lakers would never agree to a trade like that. We have nothing on our roster that i could see sparking the interest of LA enough to send us Gasol in return.

It's not like they'll be in some youth rebuilding mode while Kobe is still on the team.
El Duderino
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 17,109
And1: 325
Joined: May 30, 2005
Location: Working on pad level
Top

Next

Return to Milwaukee Bucks


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ejn1214, paulpressey25, TripGs, trwi7, VooDoo7