ImageImageImage

Iguuodala trade talk 2.0:Sixer by the draft's conclusion?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Will Iguodala be a Sixer when the draft is over?

Yes, he won't be traded
45%
No, he'll be traded
55%

Total votes: 71

Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Re: Think Iguodala's still a Sixer by the draft's conclusion 

Post#21 » by Foshan » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:45 pm

I thought Aminu was a pretty decent shooter at the start of the season?
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,591

Post#22 » by sixerswillrule » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:02 pm

sixerswillrule wrote:Option 1
Rebuild. Trade Iguodala for expiring contracts and a young player(or a draft pick that can get us one) that figures to be a starter for us from 2014 onward. Trade Brand in a year for matching expiring contracts + possible young assets.

Option 2
Try to contend within the next 3 years. Keep Iguodala, keep Brand, and trade for disgruntled all-stars such as Granger and Bogut using our young guys.

Option 971
Middle of the pack move that makes no sense whatsoever such as trading Iguodala for an older, injury prone, turnover prone, inefficient, average defending center with absolutely nothing attached that will be on the roster in 3 years.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#23 » by Kobblehead » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:17 pm

sixerswillrule wrote:
sixerswillrule wrote:Option 1
Rebuild. Trade Iguodala for expiring contracts and a young player(or a draft pick that can get us one) that figures to be a starter for us from 2014 onward. Trade Brand in a year for matching expiring contracts + possible young assets.

Option 2
Try to contend within the next 3 years. Keep Iguodala, keep Brand, and trade for disgruntled all-stars such as Granger and Bogut using our young guys.

Option 971
Middle of the pack move that makes no sense whatsoever such as trading Iguodala for an older, injury prone, turnover prone, inefficient, average defending center with absolutely nothing attached that will be on the roster in 3 years.

Yeah, Kamen is too injury prone. We should trade Jrue and Turner for the iron man that is Andrew Bogut.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#24 » by Foshan » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:24 pm

If we do Kaman/Iggy straight up I'll probably throw up a little. Even if the 'incentive' coming back isn't Aminu, it's got to be something... Min pick, something ...
sixerfan1976
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#25 » by sixerfan1976 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:32 pm

Things I expect to happen:
Iguodala to LAC for Aminu and Kaman by Wednesday. We may include Speights and they may include Willie Warren in one variation. Also in play is a swap of pick #37 for pick #50 as part of the deal. Deal has many variations but it sounds like one of the above is most likely to get done by Wednesday.

I still think we draft a big man like Vucevic or Markieff Morris regardless of if deal is done for Iguodala this week or if maybe Donatas if he drops. They could go Faried if both Vucevic and Markieff are off the board but they expect one of them to be there. Not interested in Bismarck. Think he is too much of a project. They like Singleton but see his as more of a glue guy and not a guy you build around.

Will probably add a SG/SF in round two. One that can also defend.

Have some interest in Vince Carter if he is bought out.

Phoenix also approached us about swapping Nocioni for Josh Childress but we are not a fan of the Childress contract...but we do like him and feel he fits into our style.

Sounds like Lou isnt going anywhere.

Monta deal not dead but Warriors seem to be shopping for a better deal. They were insisting we take Biedrins back and thats not something we are interested in.

Stefanski probably looking elsewhere for a job and Levien will probably co-run the ship with Thorn in someway. Not sure what the titles will be.

Sale of team will not impede a trade this week. If deal doesnt get done, it would be for other reasons(such as teams couldnt agree on compensation)

Priorities are Trade Iguodala, trade speights and try to find a scorer/better fit for Nocioni in that order. May have to take a worse contract in the Nocioni deal to get a scorer. Team concerned if they cant get a scorer for Iguodala that they will be able to get one at all.

Also trying to engage Houston about Iguodala for Kevin Martin but Houston has their sights set on bigger players than Iguodala right now. Not sure we will wait for that to resolve.

This will be my only update.
sixerswillrule
RealGM

Post#26 » by sixerswillrule » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:39 pm

Foshan wrote:If we do Kaman/Iggy straight up I'll probably throw up a little. Even if the 'incentive' coming back isn't Aminu, it's got to be something... Min pick, something ...

Exactly. The Wolves pick would be nice but Kaman alone? That would be horrible. Kaman wouldn't(or at least shouldn't) be here past next season. If he is that would suck too because he'll be in his 30s and will probably be overpaid. That defeats the whole salary relief for Iguodala purpose. We need to get someone who will help 3-7 years down the road, not up to 3 years.
sixerswillrule
RealGM

Post#27 » by sixerswillrule » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:43 pm

Wow, I really hope you're wrong.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,770

Post#28 » by Skates » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:47 pm

SF76 sighting, holy crap if true.

Aminu, Thad and Brackins gives the team a bunch of young tweener forwards. Package one or two with Nocioni's expiring for a scoring wing. I like still going big at 16, Kaman is a one year stop gap. Singleton would be fine there too if other moves were made to clear out the 3-4 backlog. The 50-37 swap would be a nice little addition.

Just say no to Childress' contract if we are dumping Iggy in part for financial flexibility. He doesn't score and hasn't looked like the same player since he came back. Childress is a classic glue guy, if we don't want to sue a #16 pick on that kind of player, then why take one with a bad contract? I think Singleton will eventually be a better spot up jump shooter than Childress will ever be. I would be much more interested in getting Gortat from Phoenix, not that it is likely to happen.

The mention of VC made me throw up in my mouth a little. He is an over the hill, low effort guy. This team isn't winning now, why sign him.
sixerfan1976
Assistant Coach

Post#29 » by sixerfan1976 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:55 pm

my take was vince carter would be a one year stop gap to fill the need for a scorer. But I think if he is indeed bought out.....he probably would rather play for several other teams before the Sixers.

Yeah childress wont happen..but they did ask us about it. If the contacts were even in length I would do it though.

As for the Clip deal, my personal thoughts.

I would only do it if it were Aminu,Warren,Kaman and 37 for Iguodala,Speights and 50. I would need all of that to do it....thats just me tho.

Team would look something like this after draft and before something happened with Nocioni:

Jrue/Lou/Warren
Turner/Meeks/2nd rounder?
Kaman/Hawes/Battie?
Aminu/Thad/Nocioni
Brand/1st round pick/Brackins

Maybe Thad starts...maybe they like him off bench. Maybe they keep Nocioni and he starts. Dont know. I prefer a Kevin Martin type....or even Ellis over a LAC deal. But if we gotta do something with LAC....I know they wont do the 2012 pick. Have fun watching this play out this week! gotta run
EBrandEra
Sophomore
And1: 25

Post#30 » by EBrandEra » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:04 pm

I also think Iggy will be gone by draft night. He doesn't want to be a Sixer and I think Collins and Co. realize that Iggy is not part of a long-term solution to be a contender.

I hope the Sixers trade Iggy/Speights for Kaman/Aminu and swap 1st rounders next year, with the Sixers getting the Clips' Minny pick.

Considering the the Clippers should be highly motivated to do this trade (I think Iggy fits in real well on that team), I think they could work that trade out.

Then, the Sixers can draft another big and maybe a perimeter scorer in the draft.

But one way or another, I think there's a high likelihood Iggy is gone by draft day.
Bring Back 1983
Sophomore

Post#31 » by Bring Back 1983 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:16 pm

I am absolutely stunned that Collins would be willing to coach VC for even a year. But that's a minor point given the likelihood of it happening.

Can't be that mad at the Clippers trade if it inlcudes Warren and the swap of No. 2s, but I really preferred the Golden State deal. Hopefully their effort so drive up the market price falls on its head.

Does anyone have any idea what this does for our cap situation (assuming the next agreement doesn't drop the hard cap by more than $3 million) after 2012?
ZarcMumoff
Lead Assistant
And1: 483

Post#32 » by ZarcMumoff » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:33 pm

Glad to see your still around SF76. Please come back more.
Sixerlover
Starter

Post#33 » by Sixerlover » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:35 pm

SF76 was spot on last time a big deal went down, so I trust him.

Iguodala for Kaman / Aminu.. I'm disheartened
Sixerlover
Starter

Post#34 » by Sixerlover » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:37 pm

Question though SF, The fact that WE called Houston for a Iguodala - Martin swap.. Does that show the front office is all in that Turner can be a productive full time small forward? Because Martin certainly cannot.
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#35 » by PhilasFinest » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:43 pm

an SF76 sighting...good stuff!

should be interesting to see if Iguodala is moved.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
KrazySixersD
General Manager
And1: 1,008

Post#36 » by KrazySixersD » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:46 pm

wow i hope aminu or thad are not starting at SF with turner at SG... i trust turner will get his 3 point shot down a bit more consistant, but we have to have a shooter at the 3 spot in my opinion... though jrue is a good 3 point shooter too, but ideally we need more floor spacing that way brand and kaman can kill it down low..

i have no problem with the kaman deal.. it gives us a ton of cap room next year, or allows us to sign a pretty darn good all around center should he get back to form like i think he will.

i want nothing to do with carter.. why do we need more scoring off the bench? our bench this past year was top 4 wasnt it? maybe better? if its a defensive wing who can shoot, im all for that

disheartened that they feel that way about biyombo.. he is going to be a defensive monster
Gsraider
Starter
And1: 111

Post#37 » by Gsraider » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:03 pm

Sixerlover wrote:SF76 was spot on last time a big deal went down, so I trust him.

Iguodala for Kaman / Aminu.. I'm disheartened

If I wanted to be optimistic, I would say that Kaman, assuming he's healthy, is an enormous step up from Hawes and Aminu is not very far removed from being the 8th pick in the draft, with incredible upside and raw potential. W. Warren could also be a nice little pick up if he was included, although he is definitely from the Lou Williams school of shot selection.

Unfortunately, I do not see this from a fully optimistic point of view. I don't think that Philly necessarily views Kaman as the answer in the middle, inasmuch as an expiring contract. I suppose he could re-sign with the team, but Philly could easily find themselves with less salary next year, but the same hole in the middle. Aminu has upside and low risk, so nothing to knock there, but it sure would be nice to finally get a wing who could shoot.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,770

Post#38 » by Skates » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:15 pm

Kaman gives a drafted big a year to ease into the role and might be a nice trade chip at the deadline if a young big develops fast.

Aminu and Warren and a higher second rounder will add to our stockpile of young athletes who might be included in a future trade with an expiring salary like Noc or Kaman to get the scorer/shooter we need.

The salary relief won't make us players in FA right away, but might be more helpful than we realize if the CBA ends up being very restrictive.

Those are the rose colored glasses view of the proposed trade.
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Re: Iguuodala trade talk 2.0:Sixer by the draft's conclusion 

Post#39 » by tk76 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:21 pm

All signs pointing to kaman- online from multiple NBA sources.

A BAD DAY TO BE A SIXERS FAN.

Clippers-East here we come!
FreesFro
Pro Prospect
And1: 274

Re: Iguuodala trade talk 2.0:Sixer by the draft's conclusion 

Post#40 » by FreesFro » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:22 pm

Iguodala, Speights and #50 for Kaman, Aminu, Warren and #37.

I'd do it.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers