Image ImageImage Image

Rose Tidbits

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

AAU Teammate
RealGM
And1: 803

Rose Tidbits 

Post#1 » by AAU Teammate » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:43 pm

Some things from my pal:

- The depression was real. Apparently Lebron had been turning the trash talk up, saying 'Rose is too small for me,' etc. Rose apparently let that get to him some, as he kind of dislikes LBJ but tolerates him since they appear at so many things together. Post ECF, the stay-at-home-ness got to the point where Rose was getting greasy home-cooked stuff snuck over to him...and I guess the D-Rose personal chef was actually getting really pissed about it.

- Rose in regular contact with MJ, who during the depression actually texted him "Man Up" or something to that effect. Get it together, etc.

- As soon as Rose emerged from this, he began pestering management for a two guard. BJ Armstrong asked management if the Jason Richardson rumors were real, to which he got no response. At that point BJ put it more aggressively to management - "we need to meet about this" (paraphrased). At that point, Bulls front office people actually went to Derrick's house. No details about this part, but from what I understand the meeting went so well that Derrick has been left very much content / set at ease. No idea what that means but I guess he approves of the things they have in play right now.

- Friction has started up a bit with regards to # of people on team flights. Derrick brought tons of people to MIA/CHI games, and it got JR a little riled up. They met about it and tempers cooled.

- Goes without saying, but D-Rose wants that max deal offered to him, and doesn't want one iota of lowballing. This should be a no-brainer, but obviously these are the Bulls so you tend to wonder. Derrick has been helping family members out financially and therefore some degree of paranoia has risen up regarding the future $$.

All my quotes are meant as paraphrases. This is delivered to me second hand so at least just take this as an explanation of some possibilities of what's out there. As with anything else, ever.. this is filtered - but it's what I've been hearing.
SoulEater7
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Rose Tidbits 

Post#2 » by SoulEater7 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:49 pm

Damn if you're going to spill some beans then go all the way.
Air Poohdini
Assistant Coach
And1: 328

Post#3 » by Air Poohdini » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:53 pm

Sharing is caring.
If Dennis Rodman drove a truck, he'd give all the refs a ride!
Bullflip
Assistant Coach
And1: 834

Post#4 » by Bullflip » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:58 pm

Hopefully, Rose can learn to deal with the trash talking because it's only going to increase as he gets better. And yes, the Bulls need to get a better shooting guard. Bogans/Brewer isn't going to cut it. But since the front office met with Rose already and he appears at ease, then it must mean they have a plan. I expect the to go after JR Smith, Richardson, or other upgrade guards available.
bad knees
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#5 » by bad knees » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:00 pm

I love how hard DRose takes losing.

I love that he is in regular contact with MJ.

I love that the meeting regarding the SG issue left Rose et al. contented and at ease. This is consistent with other reports that suggested that it appears that GarPax are confident that they have a good plan/solution for this issue in place.

I am a little worried about the team flight issue, but am confident that this will be handled in the right way. I gather that this was a special occasion problem as opposed to an entourage issue.

I am worried that the Bulls will not offer the max at the earliest possible moment, which is what they should do. This goes with the territory of being a Bulls fan, I guess.
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,879

Post#6 » by biggestbullsfan » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:01 pm

Well at least we know Rose isnt taking this SG thing laying down. I really hope they dont look at Jrich as the number one answer but he can help.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#7 » by kyrv » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:07 pm

Awesome stuff thank you.

Given how the Bulls have over paid non all-stars, not sure why we would worry about them paying an actual star and MVP?

There don't seem to be a lot of people in the NBA that like the Miami d-bags. That's awesome.

So I guess Rose isn't fine with Bogans starting. This will shock a few people.

Bringing a ton of people on the team flight in a series where you aren't playing well, well, just doesn't look good. :)

Thanks again! :) :clap:
SoulEater7
Banned User

Post#8 » by SoulEater7 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:09 pm

- Friction has started up a bit with regards to # of people on team flights. Derrick brought tons of people to MIA/CHI games, and it got JR a little riled up. They met about it and tempers cooled.

Could you expand on this anymore? So by JR you mean Jerry Reinsdorf was pissed at Rose?
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,879

Post#9 » by biggestbullsfan » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:10 pm

SoulEater7 wrote:

Could you expand on this anymore? So by JR you mean Jerry Reinsdorf was pissed at Rose?

Well Superstars get this alot. Lebron pretty much had a whole plane to himself.
sonny
RealGM
And1: 269

Post#10 » by sonny » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:11 pm

AAU Teammate wrote:- As soon as Rose emerged from this, he began pestering management for a two guard. BJ Armstrong asked management if the Jason Richardson rumors were real, to which he got no response. At that point BJ put it more aggressively to management - "we need to meet about this" (paraphrased). At that point, Bulls front office people actually went to Derrick's house. No details about this part, but from what I understand the meeting went so well that Derrick has been left very much content / set at ease. No idea what that means but I guess he approves of the things they have in play right now.

He's gonna be pissed when we trade back for Hinrich
ikkoikki
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#11 » by ikkoikki » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:13 pm

No surprise that Drose doesn't like Lebron...
Godzilla039
Analyst
And1: 288

Post#12 » by Godzilla039 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:15 pm

AAU Teammate wrote:- Rose in regular contact with MJ, who during the depression actually texted him "Man Up" or something to that effect. Get it together, etc.

- As soon as Rose emerged from this, he began pestering management for a two guard. BJ Armstrong asked management if the Jason Richardson rumors were real, to which he got no response. At that point BJ put it more aggressively to management - "we need to meet about this" (paraphrased). At that point, Bulls front office people actually went to Derrick's house. No details about this part, but from what I understand the meeting went so well that Derrick has been left very much content / set at ease. No idea what that means but I guess he approves of the things they have in play right now.

Just a must-watch army of possessed ass-kickers laying the smack down night after night after night. People are gonna hate playing the Bulls this year.
AAU Teammate
RealGM

Post#13 » by AAU Teammate » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:16 pm

SoulEater7 wrote:

My understanding is it was a lot of family members and maybe some family members' pals..that sort of thing. Not like one gigantic entourage of DR hanger-ons.

And yeah. JR and Rose apparently had words over this topic, and I'm not sure where it was left at goign forward.
JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,585

Post#14 » by JohnnyTapwater » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:16 pm

Awesome...Thanks for sharing...I think it is a good idea to keep the personal stuff off the net...Good choice...

I am set at ease that Rose is set at ease about the SG position. It must be good....
SoulEater7
Banned User

Post#15 » by SoulEater7 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:20 pm

JohnnyTapwater wrote:Awesome...Thanks for sharing...I think it is a good idea to keep the personal stuff off the net...Good choice...

I am set at ease that Rose is set at ease about the SG position. It must be good....

What? Why? I want dirt!

Hey can you email me the personal stuff?
ikkoikki
Banned User

Post#16 » by ikkoikki » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:21 pm

I really, really like the fact that MJ has taken Rose under his wing, so to speak. That just makes me really happy. It's too bad it has to be at a distance though. I want MJ back in this city and back to working with this franchise directly.

I will look for Rose to become a more vocal leader next season. He hates losing so much, and he has to realize that he's the leader of the team now. If a team mate is not performing I'd like to see Rose get on them a bit, maybe bark at them from time to time. He has to take the next step in leadership.
econn21
Senior
And1: 5

Post#17 » by econn21 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:22 pm

bad knees wrote:I love how hard DRose takes losing.

I love that he is in regular contact with MJ.

I love that the meeting regarding the SG issue left Rose et al. contented and at ease. This is consistent with other reports that suggested that it appears that GarPax are confident that they have a good plan/solution for this issue in place.

I am a little worried about the team flight issue, but am confident that this will be handled in the right way. I gather that this was a special occasion problem as opposed to an entourage issue.

I am worried that the Bulls will not offer the max at the earliest possible moment, which is what they should do. This goes with the territory of being a Bulls fan, I guess.

Ditto, except about the team flight issue, or non-issue really.

Unless teammates are getting upset, or D Rose wasn't focused enough (I doubt that), I don't care if Reinsdorf is upset. He needs to be solely focused on getting us a SG.

Thanks for sharing, OP, good stuff. :clap:
ikkoikki
Banned User

Post#18 » by ikkoikki » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm

Ideally I want a starting SG who can handle the ball and another ball handler off the bench.
red222
RealGM
And1: 2,293

Post#19 » by red222 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:25 pm

ikkoikki wrote:I really, really like the fact that MJ has taken Rose under his wing, so to speak. That just makes me really happy. It's too bad it has to be at a distance though. I want MJ back in this city and back to working with this franchise directly.

I will look for Rose to become a more vocal leader next season. He hates losing so much, and he has to realize that he's the leader of the team now. If a team mate is not performing I'd like to see Rose get on them a bit, maybe bark at them from time to time. He has to take the next step in leadership.

HE GOT ON BOOZER/NOAH ON CAMERA A FEW TIMES LAST YEAR.
AAU Teammate
RealGM

Post#20 » by AAU Teammate » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:26 pm

econn21 wrote:Unless teammates are getting upset, or D Rose wasn't focused enough (I doubt that), I don't care if Reinsdorf is upset. He needs to be solely focused on getting us a SG.

Looks like you'll have no problem driving me around this weekend (and these three extra pals i'm bringing along into your car)....

Return to Chicago Bulls