Bedard traded to Boston

TTown
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Re: Bedard traded to Boston 

Post#21 » by TTown » Tue Aug 2, 2011 7:03 pm

Bulltalk wrote:I'm already hoping for the M's to finish with the 2nd worst record in baseball so that they can draft Nick Williams (the next Ken Grffey Jr.) in next year's MLB draft. :lol: I guess that young pitching phenom Lance McCullers is supposed to go #1 to the Astros. Of course, this is distant speculation. :meditate:

That's what happens when your team sucks for so long. You become a draft/minor league prospect whore.

#1 Houston 36-73
#2 Chicago 44-65
#3 San Diego 47-63
#4 Baltimore 42-63
#5 Seattle 46-62
#5 Kansas City 46-62

Completely doable, especially if Beavan and Furbush can't keep pace with what Bedard and Fister were doing, and Pineda's innings-watch gets more serious by the end of the month.
ImageImageImageImage
TTown
Bench Warmer

Post#22 » by TTown » Tue Aug 2, 2011 7:13 pm

I'm just going to keep on posting (4 in a row!) if that's all right...

Last night's win was downright enjoyable. Beavan pitched very well, getting out of a jam in the first and not really running into trouble again until the 7th. Ackley had two hits, Carp got another. Smoak came off the bench and was 2/3 with a double. 3 hits by Ryan, 3 hits by Olivo. Just nice production up and down the lineup.

I believe Carp has registered a hit in all but 2 games since he was recalled, and he at least got on base via the walk in the two games he didn't get a hit.
ImageImageImageImage
TTown
Bench Warmer

Post#23 » by TTown » Wed Aug 3, 2011 2:28 am

2-run double by Carp in the 1st. His aggressiveness early in counts has been a boon to his success. He drilled that.

Heads up play of the year by Ryan earlier. Singled, saw no one was covering 2nd so he took off running. Slid in easily, then noticed no one was covering 3rd. Easy three bases.
ImageImageImageImage
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,277

Post#24 » by Bulltalk » Wed Aug 3, 2011 2:58 am

Maybe Carp's just a hitter, plain and simple.

We've got a star in Ackley. Sweet.
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
sharkz
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#25 » by sharkz » Wed Aug 3, 2011 4:18 am

Casper Wells strikes!!!!!!!

All our kids doing the heavy lifting and the vets are slacking off(other than Ryan). Tut tut.
Bay_Areas_Finest
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#26 » by Bay_Areas_Finest » Wed Aug 3, 2011 1:15 pm

That baserunning play by Ryan in the first inning was ridiculous. I don't think I have EVER seen that in the major leagues. WOW.

Ackley/Carp is money.
sharkz
Freshman

Post#27 » by sharkz » Wed Aug 3, 2011 11:35 pm

Furbush with 5 good innings. Only threw 62 pitches, so we're gonna let him build back up his stamina. Seriously though, our bullpen scared me. Willingham's HR nearly gave me heart failure.

Guti drops back below mendoza. Meh.

Casper Wells is 6-15 since joining us in 4 games. He's got RBIs in 3 of 4 games. Not bad. Early returns from the Fister trade looking good so far. Fister's got the Rangers tonight, I'm kind of interested to see how he does without our defense and Safeco behind him.

Anyway, SWEEP!!!!!! How long has it been since we last swept someone? Sure it's the As, but still, a sweep is a sweep :D .
TTown
Bench Warmer

Post#28 » by TTown » Thu Aug 4, 2011 12:44 am

Heck yeah, today was all about the Fister trade. Furbush retired his first 13 batters and looked damn good in his 5 innings, Wells drove in two and got on base three times. Instant returns on that deal.

It's not a 'traditional' middle-of-the-order by any stretch of the imagination, but I like the Ackley/Carp/Wells 3-4-5. Ackley and Wells each with two hits today, Carp with three (he's .297 on the year now). Not a ton of power, I suppose, but these kids can hit.

Jack Wilson started at 3B today. I honestly forget he existed... I'm mildly surprised no one (San Fran? Atlanta?) made a play for him. We couldn't have asked for much, and would have likely been sold on a middle reliever or fringe prospect.

Winners of 5 of 7 since coming off that 17-gamer.
ImageImageImageImage
ORL_4LIFE
Sixth Man

Post#29 » by ORL_4LIFE » Thu Aug 4, 2011 2:08 am

fister goes 7 innings, gives up 3 runs and beats texas. final score 5-4. lol, lets be honest, if he had been on our team and pitched like that, he would've gotten another loss in that outing. and i bet that's what he was thinking too when the game was finally over.

"...damn, gave up 3 runs, can't believe i'm gonna lose another one. . . . "oh crap, we won, how'd that happen"

good for him to finally get some run support. looks like that trade worked out well for both teams. . . so far anyways.
sharkz
Freshman

Post#30 » by sharkz » Thu Aug 4, 2011 6:55 pm

Heh its good to see that both us and Detroit are getting good first impressions from the trade.

Yeah I'm surprised nobody asked about Jack Wilson too. Teams like Arizona and San Francisco could have used a infielder, and Wilson can still defend nicely. Heck even Adam Kennedy would be a useful utility guy to have around. Package them in a trade to bring back a little bit more perhaps. Maybe they'll go on waivers later.

Bedard makes his debut tonight against Cleveland. Not the strongest of lineups, so Bedard could throw a decent start. Lets see if the "bedard sucks on big market" perception is true.
ORL_4LIFE
Sixth Man

Post#31 » by ORL_4LIFE » Fri Aug 5, 2011 2:26 am

well looks like Treyvon Robinson is gonna get called up already, as Halman will be sent down to AAA.
TTown
Bench Warmer

Post#32 » by TTown » Fri Aug 5, 2011 3:14 am

Interesting. We all know how much I complain about calling young kids up and only playing them every third or fourth day; and so I wonder what the plan is here. While Smoak is rehabbing that thumb Carp at first works great, but what happens when Smoak is back (which could be any day)? Carp at DH, Wells in left, Robinson ??. I wouldn't mind sitting Guti, but I doubt the organization agrees. Who sits?
ImageImageImageImage
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#33 » by Sweezo » Sat Aug 6, 2011 3:02 am

ORL_4LIFE wrote:well looks like Treyvon Robinson is gonna get called up already, as Halman will be sent down to AAA.

I don't know if anyone else just saw that catch Robinson made to rob Torii Hunter of a home run but THAT WAS AN AMAZING CATCH. He was going all out into the stands. Fantastic!
sharkz
Freshman

Post#34 » by sharkz » Sat Aug 6, 2011 3:25 am

Who is this Robinson kid I like him.

We gotta get a run, last thing we want is to force Vargas in to a duel with Jered friggin Weaver.

Oh by the way, Jerry Meals is at 3rd for this game. Just sayin.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,277

Post#35 » by Bulltalk » Sat Aug 6, 2011 3:53 am

I am cautiously beginning to detect some everyday prospects for our future.
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#36 » by Sweezo » Sat Aug 6, 2011 5:29 am

sharkz wrote:
Oh by the way, Jerry Meals is at 3rd for this game. Just sayin.

And he botched a call that stole a double from the Angels. C.B. Bucknor, sensing some heat would be on Meals for blowing a call, then decide to call the worst strike zone in the world and take the focus off of Meals.
jumanji
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Post#37 » by jumanji » Sat Aug 6, 2011 5:33 pm

TTown wrote:Interesting. We all know how much I complain about calling young kids up and only playing them every third or fourth day; and so I wonder what the plan is here. While Smoak is rehabbing that thumb Carp at first works great, but what happens when Smoak is back (which could be any day)? Carp at DH, Wells in left, Robinson ??. I wouldn't mind sitting Guti, but I doubt the organization agrees. Who sits?

Gutti and Ichiro probably put a bit of a crimp in their plans of seeing what they have with the young guys, Ichiro especially is almost a guy that you need both sides of congress to agree to sit him for a game.
TTown
Bench Warmer

Post#38 » by TTown » Sun Aug 7, 2011 1:09 am

Robinson in left tonight, Guti in center, no Wells.
ImageImageImageImage
sharkz
Freshman

Post#39 » by sharkz » Sun Aug 7, 2011 1:53 am

Carp is mashing!!!!!!!

TRAYVON ROBINSON!!!!!!!!!
jumanji
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Post#40 » by jumanji » Sun Aug 7, 2011 4:14 pm

TTown wrote:Robinson in left tonight, Guti in center, no Wells.

Unless they're willing to sit Guti or Ichiro they're going to have a hard time getting everyone on the field. Carp at 1b would alleviate some of that logjam.

Return to Seattle Mariners