ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers in Discussions with Toronto - One Love

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

One Love
Starter
And1: 290

Lakers in Discussions with Toronto - One Love 

Post#1 » by One Love » Thu Jan 5, 2012 8:57 pm

I haven't made many posts lately but maybe a few of you recall the posts I made in the past "One Love" a few years back when we picked up Gasol... I will not get into "sources" or anything of that nature but the Lakers are in advanced discussions to acquire Barboso (preference) or possibly Bayless (fallback) from Toronto... Toronto is looking for an upgrade at the SF postion and covets Ebanks but Lakers are trying to unload Barnes & picks (apparently offered Ebanks if they take Waltons contract)... Both players are in the last year of their contracts and Barbosa makes $7.6 million and Bayless makes $3 million...

I do think both would be upgrades but I do like Ebanks allot... Brown is pushing for more speed in the backcourt and apparently has Jim's ear... I have also been told that Minny is consistenly trying to get Pau (play with Rubio and allow Williams to get time) by dangling Love but Lakers continue to rebuff but are getting receptive... There are huge salary issues with that trade as Pau makes $18.7 million and K Love makes $4.6 million (nobody on Minnys roster makers ore than $7 million a year)...
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,025

Re: Lakers in Discussions with Toronto - One Love 

Post#2 » by RamonSessions7 » Thu Jan 5, 2012 9:09 pm

If they are offering K Love, we should take and run away giddy
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#3 » by moonpie » Thu Jan 5, 2012 9:10 pm

Interesting. For the Minny trade, I'm wondering if it's simply Love+random filler contracts or could Beasely/Johnson be included?
Dalakerbox
Junior
And1: 1

Post#4 » by Dalakerbox » Thu Jan 5, 2012 9:13 pm

I could have sworn I read that the Lakers offered Pau for Love and were turned away. Either way it would make since seeing that Minni has not offered Love an extension as of yet.
“If this is his team, that means no more coming into camp fat/out of shape, no more blaming others for our team’s failure, my team doesn’t mean only when we win it means carrying the burden of defeat just as gracefully as you carry a championship trophy.”
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#5 » by Jajwanda » Thu Jan 5, 2012 9:14 pm

There is a chance with Kevin Love that Minnesota knows he's leaving. That would tip the scales in the Laker's favor. He'd be ideal. Absolutely ideal.

As far as Bayless as a backup SG and occasional PG he's excellent. He's a nice fit next to Blake and gives the Lakers a new type of threat from the outside that will make the backup group much better.
RocketPower23
Banned User
And1: 26

Post#6 » by RocketPower23 » Thu Jan 5, 2012 9:15 pm

If Minny is really "dangling" Love out there for Pau, that's a deal we should take and run with.
RocketPower23
Banned User
And1: 26

Post#7 » by RocketPower23 » Thu Jan 5, 2012 9:17 pm

And Bayless would give our backcourt a necessary jolt. He does need the ball a bit, but he'd be a solid fit.
dirtymike
Rookie
And1: 168

Post#8 » by dirtymike » Thu Jan 5, 2012 9:19 pm

17 24 16 wrote:If they are offering K Love, we should take and run away giddy

Yes! I wasnt too high on Love when he first came out of college...but now, I am!

we do need a little more speed because these young cats are trying to run the older teams outta the gym! We need to run too! If this is true, i would be a happy camper!
Plan B: Make Plan A work- Dirty Mike
Jajwanda
General Manager

Post#9 » by Jajwanda » Thu Jan 5, 2012 9:21 pm

As far as Love, Webster would have to be included in the deal no question. That still leaves you in need of another contract in that range perhaps Brad Miller and then Anthony Tolliver with the Lakers sending back Derrick Caracter.

That would be fine by me if Minny is in that kind of situation right now.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#10 » by iamworthy » Thu Jan 5, 2012 9:23 pm

I'll believe it when I see it. In regards to Kevin Love
Jetset
RealGM
And1: 162

Post#11 » by Jetset » Thu Jan 5, 2012 9:30 pm

I don't like threads like these where a poster is claiming to have inside information on business that is supposed to held within an organization. And I wasn't around for the Gasol thread, so I hope you excuse me for being skeptic. Doesn't Leandro suck now? When he was in Phoenix he was horrific, don't know what he's like in Toronto. And I'll admit, I don't know much about Bayless, but I'd probably still take him over our current options.

As for Love, like worthy said, I'll believe it and you when and if it happens.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,511

Post#12 » by Michael Lucky » Thu Jan 5, 2012 9:34 pm

I'm not putting much weight on the Love rumors. They've been going on since last June and from all indications it was the Lakers trying to offer Pau for Love and not Minny offering Love for Pau.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,829

Post#13 » by Sedale Threatt » Thu Jan 5, 2012 9:37 pm

iamworthy wrote:I'll believe it when I see it. In regards to Kevin Love

Yeah, that doesn't make a lot of sense from Minnesota's standpoint.
Jajwanda
General Manager

Post#14 » by Jajwanda » Thu Jan 5, 2012 9:38 pm

Bayless has experience playing next to Blake. Together they're an effective combo. Bayless was a heck of a talent coming off of Portland's bench a few years back:

PG- Blake
SG- Bayless
SF- Peace in the Post
PF- Murphy from 3 point
C- McRoberts settings screens moving off the ball

Nice balanced group.
Gek
RealGM
And1: 1,807

Post#15 » by Gek » Thu Jan 5, 2012 9:41 pm

Rofl at everyone talking about k. love because a poster didn't read the OP. I'm in the skeptical department as well... those picks better be seconds and I hope they take walton.
#teamhermes
go pens - pirates - steelers - lakers
ennui
General Manager
And1: 955

Post#16 » by ennui » Thu Jan 5, 2012 9:42 pm

Sounds like BS.
C'mon, you apes! You wanna live forever?
One Love
Starter
And1: 290

Post#17 » by One Love » Thu Jan 5, 2012 9:49 pm

Picking up Barbosa or Blake would be HUGE for the Lakers and would have an immeidate impact on the rotation... Any and all trades arew a challenge to make but it does make allot of sense and is a reliable source... Bayless & Blake would complement eachother perfectly in the backcourt... Barbosa & Kobe would work well together as well... K Love will NOT resign with Minny and will force a trade, period...
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#18 » by BEazy » Thu Jan 5, 2012 10:02 pm

By any means necessary GET RID OF LUKE WALTON pleaseee!!!

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
SniperHawk10
Starter
And1: 156

Post#19 » by SniperHawk10 » Thu Jan 5, 2012 10:16 pm

Barbosa or Bayless could be huge for this team! both coming off the bench would provide a nice impact for us. Bayless is more explosive and more streaky, but he could get it going in a hurry. I'd also love to see barbosa play along side kobe from time to time, that'd be nice
edit: from toronto btw. watch lot of raptors basketball
Lakers + FC Barcelona | Support all Toronto teams
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#20 » by snaquille oatmeal » Thu Jan 5, 2012 10:19 pm

One Love wrote: I haven't made many posts lately but maybe a few of you recall the posts I made in the past "One Love" a few years back when we picked up Gasol... I will not get into "sources" or anything of that nature but the Lakers are in advanced discussions to acquire Barboso (preference) or possibly Bayless (fallback) from Toronto... Toronto is looking for an upgrade at the SF postion and covets Ebanks but Lakers are trying to unload Barnes & picks (apparently offered Ebanks if they take Waltons contract)... Both players are in the last year of their contracts and Barbosa makes $7.6 million and Bayless makes $3 million...

I do think both would be upgrades but I do like Ebanks allot... Brown is pushing for more speed in the backcourt and apparently has Jim's ear... I have also been told that Minny is consistenly trying to get Pau (play with Rubio and allow Williams to get time) by dangling Love but Lakers continue to rebuff but are getting receptive... There are huge salary issues with that trade as Pau makes $18.7 million and K Love makes $4.6 million (nobody on Minnys roster makers ore than $7 million a year)...

I was willing to give you the benefit f the doubt, but then I said wth. so I went back and read ALL of your posts and all I found that mentioned Gasol were the ones below. as of right now you got no credibility unless you GET INTO "SOURCES".

One Love wrote:by One Love on Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:42 am
In the interest of sharing information, I have been told by a very reliable source (take it easy fella's) that the Lakers #1 offseason target is Beno Udrih... PJ believes he fills the role of backup two guard and is even contemplating starting him at PG next year... He is a 6'3" combo guard with a great stroke, decent passer and is a veteran player which could be picked up for approximately 3 million a year (bye bye Sasha)... Our lineup would for '09 would be as follows:

PG: Beno (6'3") & Farmar (6'2")
SG: KB24 (6'6") & D Fish (6'2")
SF: Ariza (6'8") & Radman (6'10")
PF: LO (6'10") & Turiaf (6'10")
C: Gasol (7'0") & Bynum (7'1")

Obviously, we have parts that are interchangeable and Bynum and Gasol may start up front together but our squad would be solid on all fronts... On another note, when Ariza was healthy, his team would win 80% of the scrimmages during practice regardless of who was on his squad... Shaw and PJ love his game... Enjoy the playoffs...

One Love wrote:by One Love on Mon May 04, 2009 4:55 pm
I have been very busy therefore haven't made many posts over the last 10 months but if you recall I dropped the Kidd and JO information while it was brewing... I have been informed that Bibby wants to join the Lakers next year (MLE) and his people have already reached out to our staff and the feelings are mutual... He wants to make a run at a championship with Kobe & Company... Farmar will be traded for a draft pick (apparently New Orleans and Miami are the frontrunners) given PJ's stance... PJ doesn't like the way Farmar "shoots first" and "passes second" and has a predisposition for veteran palyers...

On another note, I tried to get a read on LO and all I get is that Buss will try to keep the team together if they "win" but the general consensus is that LO will not return given salary CAP issues... Kobe will take $20 million over 5 years... Our lineup in '09 will be as follows:

PG: Bibby (6'1") & D Fish (6'2")
SG: Kobe (6'6") & Brown (6'4")
SF: Ariza (6'7") & Walton (6'8")
PF: Gasol (7'0") & Powell (6'9")
C: Bynum (7'1") & DJ (6'11")
Forum permissions