ImageImageImage

Nemanja Bjelica

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Nemanja Bjelica 

Post#1 » by Grits n Gravy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:46 am

I absolutely love the kid. He's eligible to opt out of his 5 year contract with Caja Laboral this off season if he wants to come to the nba. He's probably not ready yet but i absolutely guarantee Nemanja will be the kind of guy Rick will love. He will allow us to play a more conventional 2 guard(if we can find one!!!) as we know Rick likes having 2 ball handlers on the court, Nemanja can handle that roll. With our despicable play from our wings this season and the possibilty that Nemanja will be trapped there from 3 more seasons(not sure about this) I would really love for us to bring him over and start his development in the U.S. I think he can really help us in time. Find a way to draft Brad Beal and Tomas Satoransky and bring over Nemanja and I'll be a very happy fella.
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,007

Re: Nemanja Bjelica 

Post#2 » by moss_is_1 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:32 am

I'd be happy if he came over, but we have to clear out our glut first so he can get some PT. I really like that he could be that secondary ball-handler on the floor and he seems like he has a goodish shot.
lobishome
Analyst
And1: 632

Post#3 » by lobishome » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:53 am

Nemanja, not Milko (they aren't bros), Bejlica 2011-12 stats :

http://www.acb.com/stsacum.php?cod_competicion=LACB&cod_edicion=56&cod_equipo=BAS&totales=0
Veselyfan
Sophomore
And1: 107

Post#4 » by Veselyfan » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:59 am

USA won the gold with Love in the team,Durant was MVP... Here is some highlights by Bjelica in that
tournament...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkioxgRRd3w[/youtube]

A great block on Rudy Fernandez from European championship 2011..
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9MQBWKnoIo[/youtube]

He is a great shooter,has a nice ability to pass the ball... He is developing pretty good in Spain. He is from the same country like Darko and Pek,so that migh help :D

As for the stats,dont take it seriously,in Europe that is not really important,is a much more team basketball than in the NBA. Bjelica is really good for the team and hes is playing much more than in the beggining of the season.
Greco21
Junior
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Greco21 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:07 pm

Another stats Europe-USA conversation is about to start...

The beuaty of the game is putting the ball in the basket. Nemanja had a great world tournament and he seemed like an old school player. Sorry that i have to whine one more but i am addicted to see the ball go in everytime a Serbian is wide open with the ball in his hands.

The Spanish team does it and so they win (apart from everything else).
Basketball G(r)eek
wildvikeswolves
Starter
And1: 577

Post#6 » by wildvikeswolves » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:29 pm

i havent heard much about him since we picked him, but i remember really liking the pick when we got him. has he been performing well? he kind of looks like a hedo type of player?
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,624

Post#7 » by thinktank » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:11 pm

Why is he only shooting 20% from 3?
What would you pay a guy putting up 18 and 11 in the playoffs?
Fire Mchale
Junior
And1: 9

Post#8 » by Fire Mchale » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:01 pm

Sadly I think Bjelica is probably more of a concept than a reality. I would love nothing more than to have him come here and be a contributing player, but I'm not sold that it will ever happen. That being said I still wouldn't mind seeing him come over so we can try and develop him here a bit and get him used to the NBA game. He needs to work on a lot of things, but we'll need some end of the bench guys for next year and maybe they'll consider bringing him over.

I hope I'm wrong, he was so excited to get drafted by the Wolves. I'll never forget the interviews they did after that draft. I hope he turns out better than what I'm guessing he will be.
SerbianFan
Freshman

Post#9 » by SerbianFan » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:07 pm

Nice potential but still too soft for Nba ( like Milos Teodosic ). If they work on their bodies they can play good roles in Nba.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,581

Post#10 » by Klomp » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:35 pm

Fire Mchale wrote:Sadly I think Bjelica is probably more of a concept than a reality. I would love nothing more than to have him come here and be a contributing player, but I'm not sold that it will ever happen. That being said I still wouldn't mind seeing him come over so we can try and develop him here a bit and get him used to the NBA game. He needs to work on a lot of things, but we'll need some end of the bench guys for next year and maybe they'll consider bringing him over.

I hope I'm wrong, he was so excited to get drafted by the Wolves. I'll never forget the interviews they did after that draft. I hope he turns out better than what I'm guessing he will be.

I'm pretty sure people were saying the same things about Nikola Pekovic a few years ago too.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,472

Post#11 » by Worm Guts » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:49 pm

I'm pretty sure they weren't.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Klomp » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:06 pm

Worm Guts wrote:I'm pretty sure they weren't.

Sure about that?

funkatron101 wrote:He ain't playing for the Wolves. Never expected him to. Wasted pick, should have gone with DeAndre Jordan.

(BTW this one is my favorite lol)

C.lupus wrote:As a player for the Wolves, I agree. I think Pekovic "the asset" may have more value to the Wolves as a trading chip to a team needing to get under the cap, though. If he could be used as a piece to move up and grab Rubio (via Washington for example), then he would probably have more long-term value to the Wolves than Jordan ever would.

south_fl_twolf wrote:Meh, i never really liked the pick...

I really hope we can trade him away and get something good in return.

An offensive center is the last thing we need

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=904824&start=30
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#13 » by Worm Guts » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:11 pm

For significantly different reasons. The question with Pekovic was his contract, not his ability. He was always going to his shot in the NBA if he wanted it.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Klomp » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:15 pm

Worm Guts wrote:For significantly different reasons. The question with Pekovic was his contract, not his ability. He was always going to his shot in the NBA if he wanted it.

If someones ability was questions why would they even be drafted?

Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#15 » by Worm Guts » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:20 pm

Klomp wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:For significantly different reasons. The question with Pekovic was his contract, not his ability. He was always going to his shot in the NBA if he wanted it.

If someones ability was questions why would they even be drafted?

Are you trying to play dumb? Come on.
re49gb_2gho32fp
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#16 » by re49gb_2gho32fp » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:03 pm

If he's becoming a Wolves player, it's this summer due to opt-out clause after 2yrs in current 5yr contract signed in summer 2010.

In the days following the draft, his agent was adamant that he would not sign with a european club but go directly to the nba. Naturally, it could have been a rhetoric used to raise his value in europe. Then again, he was already considered a elite and unique talent at the time.

I would be hesitant to counter any argumentation saying he is unable to guard the 3 in the nba. Most likely suited as a tweener (50% 3, 50% 4 due to decent rebounding and size) in the nba, if at all.
Very good feel for the game, solid shooter. However a team with a pass-first pg is hardly in need of another facilitator. Or is Adelman proving it wrong?

The coach in europe is messing with his confidence in a major way by limiting his playing time and the usual rotation-frenzy culture over there. Plus, he's backing up the top 2 PF and last year MVP at the SF in Spain respectively. Yes, they're on the same team.

Wolves would be the whitest team in the modern era if Bjelica somehow made it into the starting five.
Mr Dew
Sophomore

Post#17 » by Mr Dew » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:09 pm

Rubio
Barea
Bjelica
Love
Pek

Ridnour
Darko

Whitest team in the NBA?
Veselyfan
Sophomore

Post#18 » by Veselyfan » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:22 pm

LOL That is because Adelman is the coach.. Remember the Kings..
Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#19 » by Narf » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:24 pm

Veselyfan wrote:LOL That is because Adelman is the coach.. Remember the Kings..
The Kings weren't that white actually.

The reason we're white is because we have a bunch of Euro players and Kevin Love. That's pretty much it. That list has 5 Euros, Love, and a bench PG that's white.
Veselyfan
Sophomore

Post#20 » by Veselyfan » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:26 pm

Narf wrote:
Veselyfan wrote:LOL That is because Adelman is the coach.. Remember the Kings..
The Kings weren't that white actually.

The reason we're white is because we have a bunch of Euro players and Kevin Love. That's pretty much it.

Bibby,Christie,Stojakovic and Divac were in the starting 5. I remeber Hedo and Songaila from the bench...

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves