Gerald Green

Moderator: Parliament10

Marlo Stanfield
Banned User
And1: 12

Re: Gerald Green 

Post#21 » by Marlo Stanfield » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:17 pm

JamesNaismith wrote:Agreed with DarkKight....in it being a pipe dream but 100% worth gambling on.

I also can't see Colangelo giving him a shot but he absolutely should as multiple people have stated he may be humbled and has all the talent in the world. We should see a petition to Colangelo's twitter or something.

Do we say we hate him? Colangelo only seems to love players we hate.
Great
Bench Warmer
And1: 65

Post#22 » by Great » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:22 pm

Signing him would give the Raps too many SG/SF's. They are paying too many SG/SF already.

Watching him play on futurecast, his demeanor seems different. How he carries himself and plays within the team.

Mental maturity perhaps.

He's got JR Smith, T-Mac talent.

I remember he was part of the trade with the T-wolves to get Garnett.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,403

Post#23 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:26 pm

Great wrote:Check the move to get open at :30

No one defender can stop that move, the only hope is that he'll miss the shot. That's tough.

High level talent there.

What move? You mean the move to get a semicontested long distance shot over a 6 foot tall chinaman?

I could be wrong. but I've seen a lot nicer :-? .

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Great
Bench Warmer

Post#24 » by Great » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:29 pm

What players have you seen do nicer moves to create open jumpshots?

Any video?

What's the player's name defending him?

How tall is the player defending him?
fredericklove
Banned User
And1: 6,398

Post#25 » by fredericklove » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:33 pm

His blowing out the cupcake candle dunk was amazingly creative.

/green font.
TheDunc
Head Coach
And1: 1,275

Post#26 » by TheDunc » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:35 pm

I was one of those who thought he was gonna be star. He clearly has the talent and athletism to be a good to great player but hes missing the bball iq. There is a chance that his iq has improved and his attitude is better. He obviously wouldnt mind playing for the raptors, its a step up from playing in china and in the nbadl. BC should go out and sign this kid, worst comes to worst hes a bust and we move on. We have nothing to lose, but i dont expect the raptors to sign Green.

Sign green, hes a better player then Butler! hes younger too.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,403

Post#27 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:42 pm

Great wrote:What players have you seen do nicer moves?

Any video?

What's player's name defending him? How tall is the player defending him

Well if he actually lost the defender (he didn't IMO) I'd consider it a nice move...I dunno he actually looks kind of tall...I don't think its a move than can be done against taller quicker more athletic nba defenders or is anything close to unstoppable/uncontestable though. Maybe I'm just drinking haterade.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
TheDunc
Head Coach

Post#28 » by TheDunc » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:43 pm

fredericklove wrote:His blowing out the cupcake candle dunk was amazingly creative.

/green font.

Hate on green all you want but one thing you cant deny is his dunking ability. This kid can fly and the cupcake dunk was pretty cool actually
ILikeToitles
Senior
And1: 1

Post#29 » by ILikeToitles » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:43 pm

debrick hopes that one day he can be as talented as gerald green but that day will never come because we are trading him for a 2nd round pick hopefully he has enough value for that even
Andrea Bargnani's jersey will be the first jersey the Toronto Raptors will retire.
Chaos Engine
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,244

Post#30 » by Chaos Engine » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:44 pm

I'd take a chance on him for sure. I thought the Raps should have signed Lin as well, I'd rather see us take chances with guys like Lin, Green than signs bums like Butler and Anthony Carter.
TheDunc
Head Coach

Post#31 » by TheDunc » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:52 pm

ILikeToitles wrote:debrick hopes that one day he can be as talented as gerald green but that day will never come because we are trading him for a 2nd round pick hopefully he has enough value for that even

Can mods waive this guy, its posters like this who make this forum almost unreadable. WTF does derozan have to do with Green? I also cant wait till derozan makes all these haters eat crow.
Great
Bench Warmer

Post#32 » by Great » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:06 pm

GreatWhiteStiff wrote:
Great wrote:What players have you seen do nicer moves?

Any video?

What's player's name defending him? How tall is the player defending him

Well if he actually lost the defender (he didn't IMO) I'd consider it a nice move...I dunno he actually looks kind of tall...I don't think its a move than can be done against taller quicker more athletic nba defenders or is anything close to unstoppable/uncontestable though. Maybe I'm just drinking haterade.

He froze the defender with the dribble, quickness, and hesitation move. That's why he had an open look.

When you find video of players who can execute that move, you'll see those are all elite talent/athleticism guys.

Green is a top 5 athlete in the NBA right now, always was.

Who are the taller quicker players than Green?

Players can contest, but he can get an open look for himself.

When a player can do that all the defender can do is hope he'll miss.
JamesNaismith
Banned User
And1: 5

Post#33 » by JamesNaismith » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:24 pm

GreatWhiteStiff wrote:Well if he actually lost the defender (he didn't IMO) I'd consider it a nice move...I dunno he actually looks kind of tall...I don't think its a move than can be done against taller quicker more athletic nba defenders or is anything close to unstoppable/uncontestable though. Maybe I'm just drinking haterade.

Definitely drinking haterade...

1. Green is EASILY one of the MOST athletic guys at his position so the issue of speed and agility isn't a problem.

2. He is also listed as 6'7-6'8 which is pretty much a median height for SF....he has EVERYTHING physically and talentwise you could ask for from his position. His only issue ever has been his attitude and although a very small sample size from recent interviews and HLs of his play he doesn't seem to come accross with the same brash street arrogance he once had. That's why he would come at such an amazing BARGAIN.

As everyone else is stating playing D-League and in China surely should of HUMBLED him and if it didn't who cares then we waive him and he's gone for good. But he can be an absolute STEAL at this point because if his attitude is corrected he could be very hungry to prove that he belongs back in the league. He had maturity issues not unlike Zach Randolph but the difference is Zach got PT and finally found the right situation that wasn't toxic...there's nothing toxic about our franchise and his experience of being out of the league should only serve to make that even easier and likely to be humbled.

Again I say we start a petition to sign Green to Colangelo and I'm not joking...I just lack the know how to create one on-line and how he would see it.

He has the potential to be that good.
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#34 » by Throwback24 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:25 pm

Signing someone like GG would give DD the push to play better and for the first time in a long while it'd be someone actually capable of relegating him to a bench role with good play.

I'm much higher on GG than I am DD, I hope we sign him.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,170

Post#35 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:26 pm

Green has the tools to be a good player but for some reason he thinks he's the next Kobe, VC, T-Mac...etc If there was a way he would want to come here next year at a backup role like Weems' then I would take a risk on him.

I mean he can't be worse then Butler that guy needs to go and now how do you not inbound the ball in 5 seconds it's not like your a rookie, your a veteran you should know the basics by now.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#36 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:33 pm

Gerald Green is terrible. Stay away. Trust me..........unless Casey's playbook consists of their 2 guard standing in one spot for 24 seconds. Gerald would be the perfect fit in that offense.
Marlo Stanfield
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#37 » by Marlo Stanfield » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:36 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:Green has the tools to be a good player but for some reason he thinks he's the next Kobe, VC, T-Mac...etc If there was a way he would want to come here next year at a backup role like Weems' then I would take a risk on him.

I mean he can't be worse then Butler that guy needs to go and now how do you not inbound the ball in 5 seconds it's not like your a rookie, your a veteran you should know the basics by now.

He said he had a count of 4, actual count was reported at 5.8. I guess he was counting like Jack on the broadcast 1...... (3 seconds later) 2, (2 seconds later) 3.....4.....5........WTF man?!?

Either sign GG or Money Weems back because right now DeMar's getting no competition since Gary Forbes is in the doghouse for whatever reason.
Great
Bench Warmer

Post#38 » by Great » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:37 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Gerald Green is terrible. Stay away. Trust me..........unless Casey's playbook consists of their 2 guard standing in one spot for 24 seconds. Gerald would be the perfect fit in that offense.

Not my opinion.

There is lots of video evidence that shows his game has evolved.
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#39 » by J Dilla » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:43 pm

Question, what is the concern about his attitude? Did he do something wrong off the court? Or is it a Rashad McCants type of thing?
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,170

Post#40 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:49 pm

Marlo Stanfield wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:Green has the tools to be a good player but for some reason he thinks he's the next Kobe, VC, T-Mac...etc If there was a way he would want to come here next year at a backup role like Weems' then I would take a risk on him.

He said he had a count of 4, actual count was reported at 5.8. I guess he was counting like Jack on the broadcast 1...... (3 seconds later) 2, (2 seconds later) 3.....4.....5........WTF man?!?

Either sign GG or Money Weems back because right now DeMar's getting no competition since Gary Forbes is in the doghouse for whatever reason.

Well right now I have Kleiza and James Johnson still as our 3's next year unless a trade goes down where Kleiza is shipped out. Then you have a possible draft pick to consider at the SF spot as well (Barnes/Kidd-Gillchrist) so I just don't see how Green would want to come here unless everybody passes on him and can be a backup SG.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry

Return to G League