Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter future

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Who has the brighter Future

Bobcats
24%
Pistons
76%

Total votes: 154

BeasleyTheBeast
Analyst
And1: 49

Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter future 

Post#241 » by BeasleyTheBeast » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:16 am

Warspite wrote:The Cats have a better future because I see them with 3-7 more lottery picks over the next decade and the Pistons very well could be a playoff team for the next decade.

If you say 2-4 yrs no doubt the Pistons are the answer but the Cats could have a top 5 draft pick at every position by 2017.

To bad the Bulls still own their draft pick lol.

Lolcats traded for Tyrus Thomas
Inreponse to Derrick Rose's Brother criticising the Bulls FO

RunSunRun wrote:"Wait...Derrick Rose has a brother, can he play?"

- Suns front office
Stun704
Lead Assistant
And1: 226

Post#242 » by Stun704 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:16 am

Werd, peep what colors hes wearing
Pimpwerx wrote:I was a fan of the Lakers...Yankees... It took me almost a decade to become a fan of the Miami teams...I know it's frowned upon, but if you can look at it as an outsider, it's easier to understand why it happens. PEACE.
Stun704
Lead Assistant
And1: 226

Post#243 » by Stun704 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:19 am

BeasleyTheBeast wrote:
Warspite wrote:The Cats have a better future because I see them with 3-7 more lottery picks over the next decade and the Pistons very well could be a playoff team for the next decade.

If you say 2-4 yrs no doubt the Pistons are the answer but the Cats could have a top 5 draft pick at every position by 2017.

To bad the Bulls still own their draft pick lol.

Lolcats traded for Tyrus Thomas

that pick is very protected, and the Lolcats own a future portland pick
Pimpwerx wrote:I was a fan of the Lakers...Yankees... It took me almost a decade to become a fan of the Miami teams...I know it's frowned upon, but if you can look at it as an outsider, it's easier to understand why it happens. PEACE.
BeasleyTheBeast
Analyst
And1: 49

Post#244 » by BeasleyTheBeast » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:34 am

Stun704 wrote:Image
Werd, peep what colors hes wearing

Haha Lolcats colour. Was that the Jordan Brand game?
Inreponse to Derrick Rose's Brother criticising the Bulls FO

RunSunRun wrote:"Wait...Derrick Rose has a brother, can he play?"

- Suns front office
FlipTSO
Banned User
And1: 24

Post#245 » by FlipTSO » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:28 am

I dont get this, the bobcats will be better because they'll be in the lottery for the next decade, while the pistons are in the playoffs, and that makes the pistons lesser how?

Are you saying top draft picks = success?

Because you still have to choose the right players with your top picks. The NBA doesnt just tell you the best players to pick. So you are assuming Jordan knows how to draft, which is basically a joke.
Kobe2ndFiddle
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#246 » by Kobe2ndFiddle » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:09 pm

bstein14 wrote:

LOL That's true... Bobcats could be one of the worst teams in the league for each of the next 5 years so that's an entire starting lineup of top 5 picks. Definitely a brighter future than Detroit who likely will be in the playoffs each of the next 5 years.
If only it were that simple.

Minni has been stockpiling lottery picks for YEARS and they just recently graduated from leagues worse to mediocre, it didn't happen over night and you still have to draft the right players, there will be busts and what not that the Charlotte fanbase will have to suffer through.
AVERYbigmistake
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#247 » by AVERYbigmistake » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:17 pm

If the Pistons would just fire Joe Dumars this would be them easily.

As it is they get the slight edge over Charlotte because Monroe is the best prospect between both teams.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#248 » by Trader_Joe » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:20 pm

If the Cats get Davis, them, if not Detroit easily.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Brt19
Bench Warmer
And1: 424

Post#249 » by Brt19 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:53 pm

FlipTSO wrote:

I dont get this, the bobcats will be better because they'll be in the lottery for the next decade, while the pistons are in the playoffs, and that makes the pistons lesser how?

Are you saying top draft picks = success?

Because you still have to choose the right players with your top picks. The NBA doesnt just tell you the best players to pick. So you are assuming Jordan knows how to draft, which is basically a joke.

Everyone think about Thunder. Well, it isn't working like that in every high pick situtation. Look at Portland, they were set for the future. Oden, Roy and Aldridge. Devoloping players like Rudy, Batum, Outlaw and Bayless. It could turn into something special but it didn't. This might be a little extreme because of injuries. It's something hard to predict. Let's look at Kings. This is going to be their sixth season out of playoffs. Their lottery picks were Spencer Hawes, Jason Thompson, Tyreke Evans, DeMarcus Cousins and Jimmer Fredette. Wolves will watch playoffs at home for eight consecutive seasons. Nets at fifth, imagine Deron is gone. It will take another five years. These teams might be devoloping but this thing is not easy. There are more examples for failure than success.
Benjamin Linus
Veteran
And1: 1,268

Post#250 » by Benjamin Linus » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:55 pm

I've always hated topics like these (similar to ESPN's Future Rankings). There are so many variables, you really have no clue where a franchise will be in five years.

As silly as it sounds at this moment, either team could very well be a top-four seed in five years. A couple of homerun draft picks could skyrocket a team up the standings in a matter of a few seasons, just as a couple poor decisions and some bad luck could sink a team. A front office's track record isn't the best indicator of future success in the NBA, as everyone has been known for and is susceptible to making an intelligent or poor decision, while luck also plays a MASSIVE role in determining the future success of a franchise.
Part-time Lover
Senior
And1: 58

Post#251 » by Part-time Lover » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:22 am

Benjamin Linus wrote:I've always hated topics like these (similar to ESPN's Future Rankings). There are so many variables, you really have no clue where a franchise will be in five years.

As silly as it sounds at this moment, either team could very well be a top-four seed in five years. A couple of homerun draft picks could skyrocket a team up the standings in a matter of a few seasons, just as a couple poor decisions and some bad luck could sink a team. A front office's track record isn't the best indicator of future success in the NBA, as everyone has been known for and is susceptible to making an intelligent or poor decision, while luck also plays a MASSIVE role in determining the future success of a franchise.

^This^

Return to The General Board