yardbarker

NBA Historical Stats (Since 1984-1985)

Player GP MIN FGM FGA FG% 3PM 3PA 3P% FTM FTA FT% REB AST STL BLK PTS
Karl Malone147654853.01352826210.51685310.274978713188.7421496852472085114336928
Michael Jordan107241013.01219224537.4975811778.32773278772.83566725633251489332292
Kobe Bryant124545568.21105524374.45416404895.33579509489.83866015924183562031700
Shaquille O'Neal120741916.81133019458.582122.045593511252.527130993026739273228596
Hakeem Olajuwon123844222.01074920991.51225124.20254237620.7121374730572163382526946
Dirk Nowitzki118742560.6939519727.47614683834.38364987397.878959031371036109126756

See all NBA historical stats

Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter future

Moderators: Morten Jensen, Blame Rasho, magnumt, UGA Hayes, Basti, Yuri Vaultin, KingCuban, NO-KG-AI, Flash3, tsherkin

Who has the brighter Future

Bobcats
37
24%
Pistons
117
76%
 
Total votes : 154

Post#241 Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter
Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:16 am by BeasleyTheBeast

Warspite wrote:The Cats have a better future because I see them with 3-7 more lottery picks over the next decade and the Pistons very well could be a playoff team for the next decade.

If you say 2-4 yrs no doubt the Pistons are the answer but the Cats could have a top 5 draft pick at every position by 2017.


To bad the Bulls still own their draft pick lol.

Lolcats traded for Tyrus Thomas
Inreponse to Derrick Rose's Brother criticising the Bulls FO

RunSunRun wrote:"Wait...Derrick Rose has a brother, can he play?"

- Suns front office
BeasleyTheBeast
Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,606
And1: 43
Joined: Apr 29, 2011
Top

Post#242 Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter
Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:16 am by Stun704

Image
Werd, peep what colors hes wearing
Image
Pimpwerx wrote:I was a fan of the Lakers...Yankees... It took me almost a decade to become a fan of the Miami teams...I know it's frowned upon, but if you can look at it as an outsider, it's easier to understand why it happens. PEACE.
Stun704



Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,431
And1: 43
Joined: Feb 20, 2010
Top

Post#243 Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter
Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:19 am by Stun704

BeasleyTheBeast wrote:
Warspite wrote:The Cats have a better future because I see them with 3-7 more lottery picks over the next decade and the Pistons very well could be a playoff team for the next decade.

If you say 2-4 yrs no doubt the Pistons are the answer but the Cats could have a top 5 draft pick at every position by 2017.


To bad the Bulls still own their draft pick lol.

Lolcats traded for Tyrus Thomas

that pick is very protected, and the Lolcats own a future portland pick
Image
Pimpwerx wrote:I was a fan of the Lakers...Yankees... It took me almost a decade to become a fan of the Miami teams...I know it's frowned upon, but if you can look at it as an outsider, it's easier to understand why it happens. PEACE.
Stun704



Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,431
And1: 43
Joined: Feb 20, 2010
Top

Post#244 Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter
Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:34 am by BeasleyTheBeast

Stun704 wrote:Image
Werd, peep what colors hes wearing


Haha Lolcats colour. Was that the Jordan Brand game?
Inreponse to Derrick Rose's Brother criticising the Bulls FO

RunSunRun wrote:"Wait...Derrick Rose has a brother, can he play?"

- Suns front office
BeasleyTheBeast
Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,606
And1: 43
Joined: Apr 29, 2011
Top

Post#245 Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter
Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:28 am by FlipTSO

Warspite wrote:The Cats have a better future because I see them with 3-7 more lottery picks over the next decade and the Pistons very well could be a playoff team for the next decade.

If you say 2-4 yrs no doubt the Pistons are the answer but the Cats could have a top 5 draft pick at every position by 2017.


I dont get this, the bobcats will be better because they'll be in the lottery for the next decade, while the pistons are in the playoffs, and that makes the pistons lesser how?

Are you saying top draft picks = success?

Because you still have to choose the right players with your top picks. The NBA doesnt just tell you the best players to pick. So you are assuming Jordan knows how to draft, which is basically a joke.
FlipTSO
Banned User
Posts: 5,442
And1: 23
Joined: Dec 20, 2011
Top

Post#246 Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter
Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:09 am by Kobe2ndFiddle

bstein14 wrote:
Warspite wrote:The Cats have a better future because I see them with 3-7 more lottery picks over the next decade and the Pistons very well could be a playoff team for the next decade.

If you say 2-4 yrs no doubt the Pistons are the answer but the Cats could have a top 5 draft pick at every position by 2017.


LOL That's true... Bobcats could be one of the worst teams in the league for each of the next 5 years so that's an entire starting lineup of top 5 picks. Definitely a brighter future than Detroit who likely will be in the playoffs each of the next 5 years.
If only it were that simple.

Minni has been stockpiling lottery picks for YEARS and they just recently graduated from leagues worse to mediocre, it didn't happen over night and you still have to draft the right players, there will be busts and what not that the Charlotte fanbase will have to suffer through.
Kobe2ndFiddle
Sixth Man
User avatar
Posts: 1,544
And1: 0
Joined: Oct 18, 2011
Top

Post#247 Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter
Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:17 am by AVERYbigmistake

If the Pistons would just fire Joe Dumars this would be them easily.

As it is they get the slight edge over Charlotte because Monroe is the best prospect between both teams.
AVERYbigmistake
Sophomore
Posts: 229
And1: 0
Joined: Mar 11, 2012
Top

Post#248 Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter
Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:20 am by Trader_Joe

If the Cats get Davis, them, if not Detroit easily.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Trader_Joe

Forum Mod
Forum Mod
User avatar
Posts: 21,079
And1: 946
Joined: Jan 19, 2009
Top

Post#249 Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter
Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:53 am by Brt19

FlipTSO wrote:
Warspite wrote:The Cats have a better future because I see them with 3-7 more lottery picks over the next decade and the Pistons very well could be a playoff team for the next decade.

If you say 2-4 yrs no doubt the Pistons are the answer but the Cats could have a top 5 draft pick at every position by 2017.


I dont get this, the bobcats will be better because they'll be in the lottery for the next decade, while the pistons are in the playoffs, and that makes the pistons lesser how?

Are you saying top draft picks = success?

Because you still have to choose the right players with your top picks. The NBA doesnt just tell you the best players to pick. So you are assuming Jordan knows how to draft, which is basically a joke.


Everyone think about Thunder. Well, it isn't working like that in every high pick situtation. Look at Portland, they were set for the future. Oden, Roy and Aldridge. Devoloping players like Rudy, Batum, Outlaw and Bayless. It could turn into something special but it didn't. This might be a little extreme because of injuries. It's something hard to predict. Let's look at Kings. This is going to be their sixth season out of playoffs. Their lottery picks were Spencer Hawes, Jason Thompson, Tyreke Evans, DeMarcus Cousins and Jimmer Fredette. Wolves will watch playoffs at home for eight consecutive seasons. Nets at fifth, imagine Deron is gone. It will take another five years. These teams might be devoloping but this thing is not easy. There are more examples for failure than success.
Brt19
Senior
User avatar
Posts: 597
And1: 55
Joined: Jun 24, 2011
Top

Post#250 Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter
Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:55 am by Benjamin Linus

I've always hated topics like these (similar to ESPN's Future Rankings). There are so many variables, you really have no clue where a franchise will be in five years.

As silly as it sounds at this moment, either team could very well be a top-four seed in five years. A couple of homerun draft picks could skyrocket a team up the standings in a matter of a few seasons, just as a couple poor decisions and some bad luck could sink a team. A front office's track record isn't the best indicator of future success in the NBA, as everyone has been known for and is susceptible to making an intelligent or poor decision, while luck also plays a MASSIVE role in determining the future success of a franchise.
Benjamin Linus
Junior
User avatar
Posts: 449
And1: 9
Joined: May 21, 2008
Top

Post#251 Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter
Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:22 pm by Part-time Lover

Benjamin Linus wrote:I've always hated topics like these (similar to ESPN's Future Rankings). There are so many variables, you really have no clue where a franchise will be in five years.

As silly as it sounds at this moment, either team could very well be a top-four seed in five years. A couple of homerun draft picks could skyrocket a team up the standings in a matter of a few seasons, just as a couple poor decisions and some bad luck could sink a team. A front office's track record isn't the best indicator of future success in the NBA, as everyone has been known for and is susceptible to making an intelligent or poor decision, while luck also plays a MASSIVE role in determining the future success of a franchise.


^This^
Part-time Lover
Senior
Posts: 738
And1: 52
Joined: Jan 13, 2012
Top

Previous

Return to The General Board


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 0081, ADoaN17, AQuintus, behappy, BlackIce, blazerparty2010, blazersfan52, BmanInBigD, BooRadley, brycey, cool007, CP Three, Cruel_Ruin, D.Brasco, Don Ford, giberish, hisairness, Jonas DeRoss, Juggynaut, junot111, KF10, Mad Balla 15, Massamba, mathgeek, minnytola1960, mrm5480, NinjaSheppard, og15, Pure_Basketball, red4hf, Saintsteven, Sam6, Snackawho, SonOfDad, StojkoVrankovic, Takingbaconback, TaylorMonkey, tbennett5438, tha_rock220, theforumblue, TheKingOfVa360, TheNewEra, TheRightAnswer, Vator, xStanton27