Michael Conley
10%

Total votes: 31

HSOB SIRHC
General Manager
And1: 1,238

Re: OffSeason! 

Post#21 » by HSOB SIRHC » Tue May 22, 2012 9:05 pm

Maybe a sign and traded Bayless + 8th pick + Ed/Amir + Cash? Or something similar. I really think the Raptors could have the pieces to get it done.
Credit to Turbozone
Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,408

Post#22 » by Mr Loggins » Sun May 27, 2012 4:01 am

The dream would be to trade Rudy to someone like the Cavs for a top-3 pick

Cavs fan here.

:nonono:
vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Post#23 » by vanjulio » Tue May 29, 2012 3:23 pm

BosBorgon wrote:
The dream would be to trade Rudy to someone like the Cavs for a top-3 pick

Cavs fan here.

:nonono:

come on now, beggars can't be choosers
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 161

Post#24 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Tue May 29, 2012 10:05 pm

Wouldn't call the Cavs beggars at all - they have 3 things in their favor as a rebuilding franchise:

1 - Cap space & Assets
2 - Young Talent
3 - They play in the lEastern Conference

IMO Rudy would be great for them, but hey - to each their own.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#25 » by jman3134 » Tue May 29, 2012 10:19 pm

Pretty sure Cavs management would seriously consider such a deal.
xpmar9x
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#26 » by xpmar9x » Fri Jun 1, 2012 6:42 pm

I'd love for the Bulls to be able to pull over a Rudy Gay trade. He's the #2 option we need. Willing to trade anyone, but Noah/Rose.

Here's a couple trade proposals:

Bulls get: Rudy Gay & Richard Jefferson
Warriors get: Luol Deng
Grizzlies get: #7 & Dorrell Wright
Why: Wright has one year left on his deal, for about 4.5mil. You'd unload Gays deal, and get a decent fill-in at SF, and #7 to use on cheap/young talent.

Bulls get: Rudy Gay
Grizzlies get: Luol Deng
Why: Bulls get #2 option; Grizzlies get a few mil of cap space, and get a defensive mastermind. Allen & Deng combined is scary on defense.

Bulls get: Rudy Gay
Griz get: Ariza & #10
Hornets get: Luol Deng
Why: Basically the same as trade #1.
Chibullsfan08
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#27 » by Chibullsfan08 » Sat Jun 2, 2012 6:31 am

The bulls wouldn't trade Noah they're more willing to trade boozer before Noah
teamgrizz
Junior
And1: 17

Post#28 » by teamgrizz » Mon Jun 4, 2012 12:36 am

From what I know, Toronto is probably the most realistic trade partner.

The only realistic deals I could see going down would be:

Calderon, Davis, #8 for Gay, Pargo or Cunningham

Wright, Biedrins, #7 for Gay, Pargo

That's if the Grizzlies are attempting to trade into the lottery. Realistically, I think the team would be looking to get a mid lottery pick and hoping for either Lamb or Barnes.

The Toronto deal may be the best one because it gives us another playmaking on the perimeter who can shoot (he also has the Spanish connection with Marc), a young big man with upside and the 8th pick. This puts the pressure on Hollins and ZBO to do well in the 2012-13 season and if the team doesn't meet expectations, I expect both of them to go.

ZBO would more than likely be moved to free up more space. Calderon will be a FA and Davis will have $3M team option that we wouldn't pick up or trade him if he doesn't perform well.

The trade sets the team up perfect to stay in contention this season (if ZBO returns to old form and our role players improve) and be in great shape the next off-season if we decide to make a few changes.

There's also a good chance the team stays pat. I think the core does deserve another year to try and remain healthy. But, if they have a chance to fill needs, get more upside, gain flexibility and remain competitive, I'll take a chance on it.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#29 » by SD2042 » Wed Jun 6, 2012 9:23 pm

To me, the Toronto deal makes me wonder if Toronto wants more or maybe adjust the deal considering they would be giving up a high pick in the draft to get Rudy.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,674

Post#30 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Thu Jun 7, 2012 12:22 pm

I'm sure Raps would give the 8th pick and salary relief, along with a young cheap player or Calderon, if that's what Griz wanted, but I also think in any deal, they'll be looking for your 25 pick, if you take 8. Now they may would likely be willing to add the 37th pick as well.
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#31 » by dark-child » Fri Jun 8, 2012 9:05 pm

It would devalue the lottery pick that you receive to also turn around and trade the 25th pick in the deal unless your trade partner is Portland and you are recieving both the 6th & the 11th and a useful player like Matthews. No way the Grizz trade both Rudy and the 25th for a lone lottery selection. That would not make any sense.
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,138

Post#32 » by Rich4114 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:26 am

Hey guys, kind of off-topic but worth posting on here. So I'm in Chicago airport Friday heading to my terminal to fly home to PA and a big familiar looking black gentleman walks by me and I realized it was Z-Bo. He was even wearing a throw-back Vancouver Grizzles hat backwards. Was pretty cool to see him just out and about. Not sure why he'd be in Chicago though. Does he live there or something?
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#33 » by SD2042 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:47 am

Maybe Zbo could've been set to visit relatives who live in Chi-town. He's from Indanapolis so he could've been taking a flight from Chi-town to Indy. Who knows?
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#34 » by dark-child » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:10 am

I hope he was in Chicago getting some time with Tim Grover (MJ's former trainer) and scheduling future visits. ZBO was actually in the best shape of his career prior to his injury this year.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,515

Post#35 » by BarbaGrizz » Thu Jul 5, 2012 3:14 am

just sign Ray Allen. If not, sign Leandro Barbosa
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
jumivi
Senior
And1: 41

Post#36 » by jumivi » Fri Jul 6, 2012 12:53 am

mnmnmn, so rockets add lin, asik but lost dragic and lowry, but gets 3 first rounders, lakers add nash, thunder "someone big" enought, ours last killers clippers lost evans who was a factor against gasol but sign billups and crawford and they are still young they are gonna be betters, phoenix lost nash, but add dragic, beasley and maybe eric gordon, minessota gets batum, and they are young too...we must do something: barbosa, and lee please, if we cant get the last one i would go for b. rush.
(i believe r. allen prefers miami or boston)
teamgrizz
Junior

Post#37 » by teamgrizz » Fri Jul 6, 2012 4:54 pm

All those teams you named didn't get significantly better. Portland is about to match Minnesota's offer for Batum. Phoenix isn't a threat to us. Lakers got worse defensively and they still need to add more shooters to their lineup. Dallas is in bad shape. Clippers added a chucker and a guy who quit on his team last year and Odom, who is still questionable. They lost Evans, Foye, Young, Martin, who were all pretty big in the series against us.

The Grizzlies are fine. I'm sure they will make the right signings for the team. We have less needs to fill than a lot of the teams in the West. We got Speights back and I'm hoping we can get DA back as well. Add our shooter and/or vet PG and we are set. We haven't moved down from our 4th seed ranking last year. Depending on what the Spurs do, we may be top 3. I don't think the Clippers are better than us by the end of the off-season.
jumivi
Senior
And1: 41

Post#38 » by jumivi » Fri Jul 6, 2012 10:57 pm

i agree 100%, and i think we r a very solid team, but not contenders, we need one or two payers, but my point is... r we moving in FA? i only read something about r. allen and sonny weems.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,515

Post#39 » by BarbaGrizz » Sat Jul 7, 2012 2:44 am

ray allen just signed with the heat
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
teamgrizz
Junior

Post#40 » by teamgrizz » Sat Jul 7, 2012 6:47 am

From what I know, Wallace was out of town this week and will look to bring in more guys this weekend and next week. The CA reported that Memphis has reached out to about 15 players. That list is probably shorter now or maybe even longer.

There are definitely a bunch of guys out there still available that will fit our needs. I'm not sure if we are still looking to offer the full MLE to anyone being that the bigger name guys are gone (Allen, Terry, Young) and after giving Speights his deal. The only way we can use the full MLE is by withdrawing our QO from DA. We can only use the tax payer MLE at this point, which I'm fine with.

Guys that are still left:
Foye
Hinrich
Rush
Bayless
Lee
Belinelli
G. Green
Meeks

I also heard something about bringing in Weems. He doesn't necessarily fit the "shooter" mold, but he's definitely a scorer that we could add to our bench. I'll rather pass up on him for the time being and fill these needs. I really hope we can get Hinrich. 38% career 3 point shooter, still a solid defender and can play both guard spots. The last I heard on him was Chicago offering $1.2M. I think we could do a little better than that by giving him close to $2M. Spend the other $1M on someone like Meeks, if possible.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies