Image Image Image Image

Philip Humber, from Perfect Game to Bullpen

Hamyltowne
Banned User
And1: 53

Philip Humber, from Perfect Game to Bullpen 

Post#1 » by Hamyltowne » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:05 am

From SI's Tracking Blog

From perfect game to the bullpen in less than two months? That’s what it’s looking like for Chicago White Sox pitcher Philip Humber unless he turns things around quickly.

White Sox manager Robin Ventura said after Humber’s latest lackluster outing Sunday — 5 1/3 innings, six hits, five earned runs and three homers allowed — that Humber could be moved to the bullpen.

‘‘He has to [keep pitching],’’ Ventura told reporters, according to The Chicago Sun-Times. ‘‘It’s hard to work your way out of it if you don’t pitch. Whether that’s starting or the bullpen, I don’t know. But it has to get better.’’

The Sun-Times breaks down Humber’s dreadful numbers since his perfect game against the Seattle Mariners on April 21: Nine starts, one win, four losses, and a 7.50 ERA. Despite the latest poor outing, Humber was defiant talking to reporters after the game.

‘‘For the most part, I made some good pitches,’’ he said, according to The Sun-Times.

One thing that Ventura did confirm: Humber will make his next start against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Saturday.

Overall, despite the perfect game, Humber is 2-4 with a 5.92 ERA in 2012.

DaveMeyers
Pro Prospect
And1: 34

Re: Philip Humber, from Perfect Game to Bullpen 

Post#2 » by DaveMeyers » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:23 pm

One game wonder, I guess. Hopefully he can make a comeback. It's crazy to see him loved by reporters nationally one day and then having to defend himself soon after.
Postbro1
Lead Assistant
And1: 20

Re: Philip Humber, from Perfect Game to Bullpen 

Post#3 » by Postbro1 » Mon Jul 9, 2012 5:34 am

"From Perfect Game to bullpen?" Hell, I'm calling "From Perfect Game to Released" by August! :lol:

Return to Chicago White Sox