All Advertising Questions

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,608

Re: All Advertising Questions 

Post#81 » by Howard Mass » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:16 am

Thanks for the feedback. Were looking into it.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#82 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:46 pm

I just had two back to back. The first one had a pause button on it that didn't work, but the sound button did cut off the sound when I clicked it. Then, two seconds later after that commercial ended and I was scrolling back down the page I heard sound again because another commercial started with sound.

I forgot the names since I was so quick to go to another page. One had the word Jugs in it though.

I will update this post if they come up again.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 227

Post#83 » by CR Reina » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:57 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:I just had two back to back. The first one had a pause button on it that didn't work, but the sound button did cut off the sound when I clicked it. Then, two seconds later after that commercial ended and I was scrolling back down the page I heard sound again because another commercial started with sound.

I forgot the names since I was so quick to go to another page. One had the word Jugs in it though.

I will update this post if they come up again.

I'm sorry that you were served that ad. I can assure you that we do not want that type of ad appearing on the site. I'll try to figure out where it came from and have it removed immediately.
-Ducky-
Starter
And1: 6

Post#84 » by -Ducky- » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:45 pm

I'm getting this warning on chrome randomly when I click on a thread:

forums.realgm.com contains content from www.footballpictures.net, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.
We have already notified www.footballpictures.net that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on www.footballpictures.net, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#85 » by Howard Mass » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:51 am

I have passed this along to the appropriate person.

CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#86 » by CR Reina » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:00 pm

Ducky's issue is related to an avatar/signature from a fellow poster.

Whenever there is that type of warning from Chrome, let us know the URL of where it is appearing and we can eliminate that user's current avatar.
CrookedJ
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,764

Post#87 » by CrookedJ » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:28 pm

Back to the sound issue. Just got one for Cascade Dish Detergent - a professional TV style ad.

I'm at work and can't have sound turning on randomly.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#88 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:28 pm

I have found a solution for visiting RealGM or any other Sports website: Turn my sound off on the PC. It works fine.

The only issue I see with RealGM lately is that Survey thing that pops up out of no-where. But, that happens about one in 10-20 page views, no biggie. But, the other day it popped up over the login page so I couldn't log in. That was annoying, but it is all good. RealGM still has to get paid.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#89 » by CR Reina » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:00 pm

CrookedJ wrote:Back to the sound issue. Just got one for Cascade Dish Detergent - a professional TV style ad.

I'm at work and can't have sound turning on randomly.

We have a policy against sound ads and will make sure it is eliminated as quickly as possible. It looks like you're in Canada so that will help me find it and explains why I haven't seen it.
CrookedJ
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,764

Post#90 » by CrookedJ » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:57 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:I have found a solution for visiting RealGM or any other Sports website: Turn my sound off on the PC. It works fine.

The only issue I see with RealGM lately is that Survey thing that pops up out of no-where. But, that happens about one in 10-20 page views, no biggie. But, the other day it popped up over the login page so I couldn't log in. That was annoying, but it is all good. RealGM still has to get paid.

Its Real GM's policy to their advertisers, I am just helping them enforce it. I need to have sound on the PC as I use Skype etc with clients. Sound advertisements lead to the immediate closing of the tab which is not what Real GM wants for its web traffic, and is probably the motivation for excluding the sound ads.

Thanks CR Reina!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#91 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:16 pm

CrookedJ wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:I have found a solution for visiting RealGM or any other Sports website: Turn my sound off on the PC. It works fine.

Its Real GM's policy to their advertisers, I am just helping them enforce it. I need to have sound on the PC as I use Skype etc with clients. Sound advertisements lead to the immediate closing of the tab which is not what Real GM wants for its web traffic, and is probably the motivation for excluding the sound ads.

Thanks CR Reina!

It would sure be nice to create a secure web browser where you can control sound coming from just that browser or browser window. I bet that could make some nice money as I could sell that stuff.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#92 » by Howard Mass » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:35 pm

I guess Technology will always get better.

BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#93 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon May 21, 2012 2:03 pm

Just an FYI, that small video started playing on its own. After I had posted while only clicking the post link, I went back to doing work being I am at work. Well, a few seconds go by then I hear sound of people talking. I tab back to Mozilla to see the "Progress Energy" commercial running. There was no option to pause or stop, but only an option to stop sound. No biggie, it doesn't happen that often.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#94 » by CR Reina » Mon May 21, 2012 10:05 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:Just an FYI, that small video started playing on its own. After I had posted while only clicking the post link, I went back to doing work being I am at work. Well, a few seconds go by then I hear sound of people talking. I tab back to Mozilla to see the "Progress Energy" commercial running. There was no option to pause or stop, but only an option to stop sound. No biggie, it doesn't happen that often.

Thanks for the feedback. This ad is appearing on our site by mistake. We've told all of our advertisers that no ads are to run with automatic sound. I'll be on the lookout for it, so I can identify where it is coming from and have it removed.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#95 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:03 pm

Yesterday while at work, the Toyota commercial started on its own a few seconds after or while loading a page. I hadn't clicked on anything else. To make matters worse being my speakers were set on loud, hahaha, there was no option to Stop, Pause or even cut off the sound. And, it stated that commercial would end in something like 24 seconds. I had to hit <F5> to make it stop.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#96 » by CR Reina » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:32 am

What city are you in?

BadMofoPimp wrote:Yesterday while at work, the Toyota commercial started on its own a few seconds after or while loading a page. I hadn't clicked on anything else. To make matters worse being my speakers were set on loud, hahaha, there was no option to Stop, Pause or even cut off the sound. And, it stated that commercial would end in something like 24 seconds. I had to hit <F5> to make it stop.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#97 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:25 am

Orlando. Lol. I am looking at cars on Craigslist, but haven't visited any dealer sites. Interesting. I look up reviews for cars on Google. Hmmm. Behavioral Advertising. I have been discussing this prospect with Google myself. Nice. Maybe, I will check out a Toyota, lol or an Acura TL.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#98 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:30 pm

Milo's Kitchen commercial just popped up with sound just now when going into a Current Affairs thread. I hadn't clicked on anything. Being I am at work, I cannot have these audio commercials popping up like this.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#99 » by CR Reina » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:23 am

Was the ad from the edge of the site or from a marked word within the post?
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#100 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:48 pm

The one right above "Login" or "Logout". The one that always has a commercial running. Of course, it is normally silent.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Feedback and Suggestions