Drew Gooden Trade Destinations

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,994

Drew Gooden Trade Destinations 

Post#1 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:29 am

We all know that probably 60% of the board could come to terms with a "win-now" approach for next year. We also know that Drew Gooden and Scott Skiles inability to keep him planted on the bench may greatly interfere with the team's ability to win next year.

And based on opinions of guys like Woelfel, the organization may not worry about losing Ersan since they think they can move Drew Gooden over to PF and not miss a thing. Woelfel added that the organization already has a lot of money invested in Gooden so they might not bid as high for Ersan.

As most of us strongly believe, for this team to have a win now chance next year, Gooden has to go.

I went through the other 29 rosters. Here is a list of garbage for garbage deals that might be plausible. Gooden is owed about $19 million over the next three seasons. Some would bring help back to us. Others simply are addition by subtraction.

Marvin Williams - Two years and $16 million

Al Harrington - Three years and $21 million

Shawn Marion - Two years and $18 million

Charlie V - Two years and $16.5 million

Tayshaun Prince - Three years and $21 million. Throw in Larry Sanders as bait.

Luis Scola - Three years and $30 million. Would be a salary dump for Houston. Offer Sanders as bait

Ron Artest - Two years and $15 million

Kendrick Perkins - Three years and $25 million

Hedo - Two years and $23 million ($6mm buyout in year two?). He be an upgrade on Delfino

Portland - I just noticed they have to meet min payroll. Sanders as bait.

John Salmons - Two years and $16 million. He's a SF and would fit better

Amir Johnson - Three years and $19 million.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Re: Drew Gooden Trade Destinations 

Post#2 » by WiscoKing13 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:44 am

Portland might be your best bet. Gooden/Udoh/Future first, maybe they throw us matthews?

And if we had a real GM, we could do monta/gooden for matthews. But we all know how explosive the bucks back court is with the smurfs
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#3 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:58 am

Of all the option above, I think I call Orlando about Hedo and we take back the extra $5 million in salary using our cap room. Or we just add in Beno. Their choice if they want a PG with Jameer opting out.

Hedo can play multiple positions and space the floor. He'd be a different way of replacing both Ersan and Delfino in one player.

BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#4 » by BUCKnation » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:00 am

How about we just make him the keyboard guy for Streetlife and be done with it.
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,166

Post#5 » by raysbookclub » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:02 am

BUCKnation wrote:How about we just make him the keyboard guy for Streetlife and be done with it.

lol
WiscoKing13
RealGM

Post#6 » by WiscoKing13 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:04 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Of all the option above, I think I call Orlando about Hedo and we take back the extra $5 million in salary using our cap room. Or we just add in Beno. Their choice if they want a PG with Jameer opting out.

Hedo can play multiple positions and space the floor. He'd be a different way of replacing both Ersan and Delfino in one player.

I wonder with ORL would do Gooden/Udoh or Sanders plus 3 mil in cash for Hedo. Just an idea, I just don't see them adding salary passed anything they currently have.
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#7 » by jr lucosa » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:06 am

I would do every deal listed, except i'm not okay with Sanders being bait.

We could really use a shooter. Trade Gooden for Harrington straight up. Al won't be able to get much more than 20 minutes under Skiles unless he gets the Gooden treatment but has that ability to come in and light up the scoreboard.

He actually averaged 18 and 8 with 2 assists/1 steal a game this past year on league average efficiency. He is not quite as good as his stats will suggest since he plays in Denver but whatever, i'll take him over Drew.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#8 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:07 am

Hedo is owed $11.4 this year and Gooden $6.6 this year.

We could do an even up swap and save Orlando $4.8 million in cash flow this season they can use on other players or resigning Jameer and Anderson. They are under the lux tax but aren't great on the cash flow as they still have to pay Arenas his $20.8 million this year under amnesty.

raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,166

Post#9 » by raysbookclub » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:13 am

If we got Tayshaun Prince, we could field the skinniest team in the NBA:

Jennings-Dunleavy-Tayshaun-Henson-Sanders

At least people watching in other cities would be like, "I guess I was really wrong about Wisconsin being overweight."
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#10 » by Max Green » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:17 am

I would probably do the Salmons or CV deal. We wouldn't have to worry about CV playing as long as Skiles is here, and Salmons can play backup spot minutes here and there.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
WiscoKing13
RealGM

Post#11 » by WiscoKing13 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:18 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Hedo is owed $11.4 this year and Gooden $6.6 this year.

We could do an even up swap and save Orlando $4.8 million in cash flow this season they can use on other players or resigning Jameer and Anderson. They are under the lux tax but aren't great on the cash flow as they still have to pay Arenas his $20.8 million this year under amnesty.

good point also gooden's contract is a lot easier to trade compared to hedo in a Howard because of the trade rules. Maybe come up with a 3 team trade with LAL/ORL/MIL
DanoMac wrote:

WiscoKing13
RealGM

Post#12 » by WiscoKing13 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:22 am

I don't know what ORL/LAL have has side parts to the bynum/howard trade but I came up with this

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=83gejw2
DanoMac wrote:

WiscoKing13
RealGM

Post#13 » by WiscoKing13 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:32 am

Just going to keep spit balling but the magic have jason richardson, who might be a good candidate to swap gooden with
DanoMac wrote:

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#14 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:33 am

WiscoKing13 wrote:Just going to keep spit balling but the magic have jason richardson, who might be a good candidate to swap gooden with

Richardson is owed 3-years and $18 million. I can't see Orlando doing that one since there are no cash flow savings for them. But I'd do that for us pretty easily.

WiscoKing13
RealGM

Post#15 » by WiscoKing13 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:34 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
WiscoKing13 wrote:Just going to keep spit balling but the magic have jason richardson, who might be a good candidate to swap gooden with

Richardson is owed 3-years and $18 million. I can't see Orlando doing that one since there are no cash flow savings for them. But I'd do that for us pretty easily.

yeah but the bucks could take on duhon. Obviously that increases our payroll, but to balance the roster and kick gooden to the curb, i'd do it.

EDIT: Forgot duhon is only owed 1.5 next year if cut, maybe we add Sanders or take on the other Richardson also.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#16 » by Badgerlander » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:38 am

Lol, not yet. His contract isn't an albatross and we have the cap to resign Ersan if we want to. Next year we'll have tons of cap space. How many other teams have players worth 6mil that aren't playing meaningful minutes? Look at the Bulls trying to trade Boozer, and then Deng, and then Noah for draft picks to make cap space to resign Asik this year, and Gibson next year. They put themselves over a barrel but they aren't desperate enough YET to realize nobody is going to give them worthy value in a salary dump. The Lakers trying to trade Gasol for a top 10 draft pick, no takers. The value will come down as they get more desperate. Don't forget the salary floor is coming, so young teams like the Cavs are going to need a veteran contract to take up cap space until their rookies resign. We all know we are losing Monta's 11mil, Beno's 7.3, Daly's 6.7. and Dunleavy's 3.75 after this season with only Jennings to resign. There's no need to shed Gooden's salary and no need to actually play meaningful minutes him either. If he is so valuable that he should be playing tell his agent to find him a new home but if we don't like the deal it isn't happening. I like the idea that we don't feel that we don't have to overpay Ersan, we shouldn't regardless of whether we have Gooden or not. If Herb can't see that the only way to keep Gooden on the bench and win games is to get rid of Skiles then he deserves to lose. Sit Gooden butt on the bench this year and amnesty him after the season for 13.375mil or continue to sit him since we probably won't need the cap space next year either.

On a side note, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Buck's are dumb enough to amnesty Beno to clear enough room to sign somebody that we don't need to a ridiculous contract, or at least make an offer like GS did with CB instead of using it on Biedrins. I hope we don't but it wouldn't surprise me.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
WiscoKing13
RealGM

Post#17 » by WiscoKing13 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:45 am

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=74hy7su
The bucks do take on two dead beats, but we can buy out duhon next year at 1.5 and only have to deal with Q's 2.8 mil. So next summer its only an increase of 3.8 mil on our cap. Also the bucks don't have to go out this summer and go over pay a guy like crawford.
DanoMac wrote:

Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,744

Post#18 » by Treebeard » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:49 am

Gooden for any of the two year 16m deals. I don't care who it is, just a cap hold is fine, until the Senator gets the club sold next year.

Please, no more washed up vets with endless contracts :evil:
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#19 » by ampd » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:53 am

Honestly Salmons is worse than Gooden at this point. He quit after he got paid, I don't want him anywhere near this franchise again.

Id definitely inquire about getting a SF if possible. Artest, Marion, Marvin, Al Harrington, and Wes Matthews if he is available would all be pretty good hauls for Gooden (some would probably require other parts), especially if we are going to throw money at Ersan.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,659

Post#20 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:55 am

I don't see the point of trading a **** player for a **** player you can't amnesty if it came to it.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”

Return to Milwaukee Bucks