Image ImageImage Image

Asik Discussion. Pg 50 Sheridan: Bulls will match

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

S & T not happening - should Bulls match Houston offer to Omer?

They should match and will
31%
They should match but will not
7%
They should not match but will
34%
They should not match and will not
29%

Total votes: 238

PJ Brown
Lead Assistant
And1: 84

Re: Asik Discussion (Part2) - POLL - Birthday 7/4 

Post#241 » by PJ Brown » Sun Jul 8, 2012 8:48 pm

Jordan45822 wrote:http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/8140669/2012-nba-free-agency-kirk-hinrich-commits-chicago-bulls-source-says

JA Adande says that he was told that the Bulls will match Asik's offer sheet

We'll see if he's right, but it would appear that the Chicago Bulls are indeed willing to pay the luxury tax, probably a bit this year, and possibly a lot more in the future.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#242 » by transplant » Sun Jul 8, 2012 8:55 pm

BIGGIEsmalls 23 wrote:^^^^^^^^Bad decision by the Bulls.

Why not let the Bulls spend foolishly if they want to? If Reinsdorf wants to go all Cuban on our behinds, why not let him?
BIGGIEsmalls 23
Banned User
And1: 810

Post#243 » by BIGGIEsmalls 23 » Sun Jul 8, 2012 8:56 pm

transplant wrote:

Why not let the Bulls spend foolishly if they want to? If Reinsdorf wants to go all Cuban on our behinds, why not let him?

You're right....it's his money, Transplant.

My biggest fear is how this will effect Noah & Taj.
Ron Harper
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#244 » by Ron Harper » Sun Jul 8, 2012 9:15 pm

Jordan45822 wrote:http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/8140669/2012-nba-free-agency-kirk-hinrich-commits-chicago-bulls-source-says

Fantastic.

Bulls weren't going to be a better team by letting Asik walk. We have 2.5 seasons or so now before we have to ship out 1 one of Booze/Deng/Noah, which was going to happen anyway.

Glad the Bulls are spending some money to remain competitive in the short term
Keith Bogans does his job. Boo Hoo. You want him to quit?
BIGGIEsmalls 23
Banned User

Post#245 » by BIGGIEsmalls 23 » Sun Jul 8, 2012 9:20 pm

Ron Harper wrote:

Fantastic.

Bulls weren't going to be a better team by letting Asik walk. We have 2.5 seasons or so now before we have to ship out 1 one of Booze/Deng/Noah, which was going to happen anyway.

Boozer & Deng will both be easy to ship out within your 2.5yr season outline. I don't understand the importance of adding Asik to that outline.

Let him walk, re-sign Taj, & continue to allow Noah to be our center. That should have been the plan.
Ron Harper
Assistant Coach

Post#246 » by Ron Harper » Sun Jul 8, 2012 9:23 pm

BIGGIEsmalls 23 wrote:
Ron Harper wrote:

Fantastic.

Boozer & Deng will both be easy to ship out within your 2.5yr season outline. I don't understand the importance of adding Asik to that outline.

Let him walk, re-sign Taj, & continue to allow Noah to be our center. That should have been the plan.

Because letting Asik walk makes the Bulls worse
Keith Bogans does his job. Boo Hoo. You want him to quit?
ChicagoStrong
General Manager
And1: 2,346

Post#247 » by ChicagoStrong » Sun Jul 8, 2012 9:23 pm

Good.
BIGGIEsmalls 23
Banned User

Post#248 » by BIGGIEsmalls 23 » Sun Jul 8, 2012 9:26 pm

^^^^^Letting Asik walk, while keeping Noah & Taj makes us better. Keeping Asik, while trading Noah & letting Taj walk makes us worse.
kampz
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#249 » by kampz » Sun Jul 8, 2012 9:27 pm

I hope they sign Asik. He's the X-Factor going up against Bynum, Gasol and now Howard if he's traded to New Jersey. Defense and Rebounding trumps all and 50/50 against talent. Screw the regular season, it's all about the playoffs and Finals. We'll all be kicking ourselves if the Bulls face the Lakers in the finals and we don't have him as well as New Jersey possibly now.
pduh01
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,562

Post#250 » by pduh01 » Sun Jul 8, 2012 9:29 pm

BIGGIEsmalls 23 wrote:
transplant wrote:

You're right....it's his money, Transplant.

My biggest fear is how this will effect Noah & Taj.

I am so back & forth with should match Asik offer or not.

At first I was against it because of his third year is beyond ridiculous which I only look at that part, and not looking outside of the box.

After I rethink about I think it may not be a bad idea of matching Asik offer looking at the few other factors....Now before I go further yes it could effect Noah and Taj, or just one of them but it doesn't have to be I will explain it further in a while.

We all agree that center a defensive center is rare, and hard to come by. Noah bring something different to the table than Asik, and while Asik bring something different table than what Noah bring to the table.

With Noah bring injury prone we need insurance sure we can maybe add someone like Kwame Brown, or Mohammand(sp?) which adding Kwame for cheap wouldn't be a bad deal same with Mohammnd even though I am not a fan of his game I prefer Kwame but that is a different story.

Our front court is our strength(despire how inconsistent and soft Carlos Boozer is.) but it is our strength.

Now fast forward a bit about his contract yes his third year is ridiculous but it is a expiring his third year could be a good use of trade bait especially teams may looking for a defensive center, and like I say center is hard to come by. For his last year of the deal he could bring something decent in return in trade for his third year, and contract expiring is valuable.

However, doesn't always work that way as I think and even if the Bulls do not trade Asik his third year we could still use him as a contribute, and back up Noah, and then take care what we going to do with Asik once his contract is off the book. His first two years contract is a good deal, a reasonable deal more of a bargain and even we could trade him those first two years if needed.

Now yes it is a fear that this may effect both Noah and Gibson, or one of them. But it doesn't have to be neither, and yes someone have to go but doesn't mean it have to be Noah, nor Gibson. My thinking is with matching Asik's offer this could effect Boozer AND Deng later down the road while keeping Noah and possible Gibson.

Think about this. Deng his contract will be off the book in couple years with teams may look to trade him before he is off the book, or let him expiring and walk. Boozer we may either trade him for contract expiring, let his contract runs out(I doubt that is going to happen.), or amnesty him which I could see that happen say in the year of 2014 at the earliest.

Don't forget we have Miltroic who will coming in a few years which 2014 could be the earliest. I do think our long term core is coming together with something like Rose/Noah/Gibson/Miltroic/Asik and plus keep in mind we have the Charlotte Bobcats pick which could be very good assets rather a trade, or draft when that time comes.

I think matching Asik is the end of Deng & Boozer not this year, but later down the road though.
Check out my blogs
http://nbaanalytical.blogspot.com/ <-------NBA Analytical

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/phillip93
HINrichPolice
General Manager
And1: 1,706

Post#251 » by HINrichPolice » Sun Jul 8, 2012 9:30 pm

If we match Asik, we need a new poll asking whether it's a sign of a new era in Bulls spending more or if it puts Noah at risk of being traded.

If it's the former, we should all be happy as hell right now!
CONTENDERS FIND A WAY
kristov
Junior
And1: 80

Post#252 » by kristov » Sun Jul 8, 2012 9:31 pm

I must be blind because I see no mention in the article that the Bulls will match Asik's offer.
Ron Harper
Assistant Coach

Post#253 » by Ron Harper » Sun Jul 8, 2012 9:31 pm

BIGGIEsmalls 23 wrote:^^^^^Letting Asik walk, while keeping Noah & Taj makes us better. Keeping Asik, while trading Noah & letting Taj walk makes us worse.

How can you possibly say that without knowing who will be traded for? Especially when the Bulls don't have to make those kind of moves for another 2 seasons
ChicagoStrong
General Manager
And1: 2,346

Post#254 » by ChicagoStrong » Sun Jul 8, 2012 9:34 pm

kristov wrote:

I must be blind because I see no mention in the article that the Bulls will match Asik's offer.

It's in the video.
BIGGIEsmalls 23
Banned User

Post#255 » by BIGGIEsmalls 23 » Sun Jul 8, 2012 9:39 pm

Ron Harper wrote:
BIGGIEsmalls 23 wrote:^^^^^Letting Asik walk, while keeping Noah & Taj makes us better. Keeping Asik, while trading Noah & letting Taj walk makes us worse.

How can you possibly say that without knowing who will be traded for? Especially when the Bulls don't have to make those kind of moves for another 2 seasons

How can they afford it, Harp?

Seriously man. How in the world do the Bulls pay Asik, Noah, Boozer, & Taj big money?
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#256 » by transplant » Sun Jul 8, 2012 9:40 pm

Should the Bulls match Houston's offer?

Of course they should.

If they don't, they're screaming to the world that they're not really in this to win it.

You can argue the Hinrich thing however you want to, but not the Asik thing. Depending on the decision the Bulls make, they're either about winning or money.

It's truly the ultimate "telling point."
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#257 » by Mech Engineer » Sun Jul 8, 2012 9:41 pm

Great news if they keep Asik.

Looking at all the ridiculous deals teams are giving, it looks like a lot of teams will be over the cap/near LT 2 years from now. And the fact is, a lot of those teams will fail and will be looking to dump talented players for expiring contracts. If the Bulls want to pull a deal off, it will be easier to do.
Ron Harper
Assistant Coach

Post#258 » by Ron Harper » Sun Jul 8, 2012 9:45 pm

BIGGIEsmalls 23 wrote:
Ron Harper wrote:

How can they afford it, Harp?

Seriously man. How in the world do the Bulls pay Asik, Noah, Boozer, & Taj big money?

I have never expected Bulls to resign Taj with Mitroic coming over.

Other than that, as a fan I want the Bulls to spend the money they need to. If I felt that the Bulls didn't need Asik, I wouldn't mind either way. But I think Asik is a big part of this roster. Noah and Boozer are oft injured, and even when they are healthy, you don't get much better than Asik defensively.

I also think the plan is to amnesty Boozer.

I think the Bulls are building towards a Noah/Asik/Mirotic front court in 2013-14.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Asik Discussion (Part2) - POLL - Birthday 7/4 

Post#259 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Sun Jul 8, 2012 9:47 pm

WooHoo!
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
pduh01
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,562

Post#260 » by pduh01 » Sun Jul 8, 2012 9:48 pm

Ron Harper wrote:
I have never expected Bulls to resign Taj with Mitroic coming over.

Other than that, as a fan I want the Bulls to spend the money they need to. If I felt that the Bulls didn't need Asik, I wouldn't mind either way. But I think Asik is a big part of this roster. Noah and Boozer are oft injured, and even when they are healthy, you don't get much better than Asik defensively.

I also think the plan is to amnesty Boozer.

I think the Bulls are building towards a Noah/Asik/Mirotic front court in 2013-14.

Part of it I agree, and part I disagree of your post.

As I mention in my previous post I think our core is going to be something like Noah/Asik/Gibson/Miltroic, and of course with Derrick Rose.

I think that is what the Bulls looking to build on with our future front court minus Luol Deng. I think both Deng and Boozer going to be gone later down the road unless we resign Deng for cheap(Yeah right lol.)

I think Boozer is going to either get amnesty in 2014 at the earliest, or trade him for expiring, and then look to deal Deng for something solid in return, or let him walk for nothing.
Check out my blogs
http://nbaanalytical.blogspot.com/ <-------NBA Analytical

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/phillip93

Return to Chicago Bulls