Image ImageImage Image

Asik Discussion. Pg 50 Sheridan: Bulls will match

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

S & T not happening - should Bulls match Houston offer to Omer?

They should match and will
31%
They should match but will not
7%
They should not match but will
34%
They should not match and will not
29%

Total votes: 238

bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
And1: 2,544

Re: Asik Discussion (Part2) - POLL - Birthday 7/4 

Post#261 » by bullsnewdynasty » Sun Jul 8, 2012 9:49 pm

HINrichPolice wrote:If we match Asik, we need a new poll asking whether it's a sign of a new era in Bulls spending more or if it puts Noah at risk of being traded.

If it's the former, we should all be happy as hell right now!

I don't think the Bulls want to do anything more than dip a little into the luxury tax if they re-sign Asik. So it would be a bit of hyperbole to declare a "new era" in Bulls spending.
Ron Harper
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#262 » by Ron Harper » Sun Jul 8, 2012 9:51 pm

pduh01 wrote:
Ron Harper wrote:
I have never expected Bulls to resign Taj with Mitroic coming over.

Other than that, as a fan I want the Bulls to spend the money they need to. If I felt that the Bulls didn't need Asik, I wouldn't mind either way. But I think Asik is a big part of this roster. Noah and Boozer are oft injured, and even when they are healthy, you don't get much better than Asik defensively.

I also think the plan is to amnesty Boozer.

I think the Bulls are building towards a Noah/Asik/Mirotic front court in 2013-14.

Part of it I agree, and part I disagree of your post.

As I mention in my previous post I think our core is going to be something like Noah/Asik/Gibson/Miltroic, and of course with Derrick Rose.

I think that is what the Bulls looking to build on with our future front court minus Luol Deng. I think both Deng and Boozer going to be gone later down the road unless we resign Deng for cheap(Yeah right lol.)

I think Boozer is going to either get amnesty in 2014 at the earliest, or trade him for expiring, and then look to deal Deng for something solid in return, or let him walk for nothing.

That would be fine with me as well...If Taj stays and Deng goes.

What do you do next offseason when Taj is a UFA? Do the Bulls look to trade Deng before they have to make a decision on Taj?
Keith Bogans does his job. Boo Hoo. You want him to quit?
Merk256
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#263 » by Merk256 » Sun Jul 8, 2012 9:52 pm

J.A. Adande(sp?) in the first video(Sources: Hinrich Verbally Agrees With Bulls) says he has been told the Bulls will match the OA offer sheet

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/ ... ource-says
PistolP
Analyst
And1: 335

Post#264 » by PistolP » Sun Jul 8, 2012 9:53 pm

I just hope the Bulls make this decision with the appropriate framework of a multi-year plan in place. In two years the Bulls could have Noah, Asik, Rose, Boozer and possibly Deng and maybe even Taj on 8-figure salaries and no long-term SG. It will likely require a combo of some major roster changes (resign Deng?, amnesty Boozer?, resign Taj?, trade Noah?). It would be a shame if we wind up making decisions to let go of better players because of this. For example, if keeping Asik means having to deal Taj for a Gustavo Ayon-esque return later on, that's not a good plan.
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#265 » by Mech Engineer » Sun Jul 8, 2012 9:58 pm

I think if they amnesty Boozer in 2014 and sign Taj to a deal where he is getting his overall money but is getting paid a cap-friendly amount in 2014-15(year of Asik's big deal)...it probably can be done to preserve all three(Noah, Taj and Asik). And, anyhow if Asik is good to great will be a different chapter in his next contract which nobody knows.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,407

Post#266 » by transplant » Sun Jul 8, 2012 10:07 pm

PistolP wrote:I just hope the Bulls make this decision with the appropriate framework of a multi-year plan in place. In two years the Bulls could have Noah, Asik, Rose, Boozer and possibly Deng and maybe even Taj on 8-figure salaries and no long-term SG. It will likely require a combo of some major roster changes (resign Deng?, amnesty Boozer?, resign Taj?, trade Noah?). It would be a shame if we wind up making decisions to let go of better players because of this. For example, if keeping Asik means having to deal Taj for a Gustavo Ayon-esque return later on, that's not a good plan.

Let's keep in mind that the Bulls' FO is methodical and conservative. Everyone says so. If this is true, I suspect that they have a long-term plan. They're not just wingin' it.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#267 » by Ralphb07 » Mon Jul 9, 2012 2:32 am

So we signed Kirk and if we're bringing back Asik, the only whole left is a offensive wing. The bench will be a strong point for us again next year.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,495

Post#268 » by dice » Mon Jul 9, 2012 4:30 pm

the mistake here in retrospect was only signing omer to a 2 year deal. the spurs locked up dejuan blair dirt cheap for 4 years on his rookie deal
BG7
Senior
And1: 0

Aggrey Sam: Bulls leaning towards not matching Asik 

Post#269 » by BG7 » Mon Jul 9, 2012 11:54 pm

He just did a interview on CSN a few minutes ago and brought this up. Said they have been back and forth on the decision, but right are leaning towards letting him go. Said they plan to play more of a 3 more rotation next year and also brought up Nazr Mohammed as a possibility again for the fourth big man.
SpeedyWindRose
Banned User
And1: 15

Re: Aggrey Sam: Bulls leaning towards not matching Asik 

Post#270 » by SpeedyWindRose » Mon Jul 9, 2012 11:57 pm

Yeahhhh that whole 3 man rotation thing isn't so great when 2 of those are pretty injury prone. Our frontcourt is critical to our success; I think they'll match :dontknow:
Jordan45822
RealGM
And1: 1,796

Post#271 » by Jordan45822 » Mon Jul 9, 2012 11:57 pm

I believe it when I see it
AAU Teammate
RealGM
And1: 803

Post#272 » by AAU Teammate » Mon Jul 9, 2012 11:57 pm

While I want Asik here, I'll reserve full judgment until I see what else they have planned.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,379

Post#273 » by DuckIII » Mon Jul 9, 2012 11:58 pm

It will be insupportable bull **** if they don't match AND consolidate the bench mob. Hopefully this report does not play out.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Hotstove907
Rookie
And1: 13

Post#274 » by Hotstove907 » Mon Jul 9, 2012 11:59 pm

I don't want to match that money but Nazr? Yuck.
To quote GetSeven
With Jimmy at the 2 spot this lineup (along with depth) has the potential to be the best since the Jordan/Pippen days easy.
chi_dude
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#275 » by chi_dude » Mon Jul 9, 2012 11:59 pm

Heard the same on espn 1000 yesterday, aren't most reporters like KC saying bulls are expected to match?
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#276 » by DuckIII » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:00 am

AAU Teammate wrote:While I want Asik here, I'll reserve full judgment until I see what else they have planned.

What can they plan? What would not matching permit them to do?
Polynice4Pippen
RealGM
And1: 13,149

Post#277 » by Polynice4Pippen » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:01 am

Can't knock the front office for not giving a backup/4th big man playing less than 20 minutes per game 8+ million per.
Jerry Reinsdorf; the undisputed king of allowing his GM's to run amok with unchecked power and ego. :king:
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#278 » by Rerisen » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:03 am

chi_dude wrote:Heard the same on espn 1000 yesterday, aren't most reporters like KC saying bulls are expected to match?

Yes. McGraw thinks they will. K.C. suggested that using MMLE on Kirk hinted they might match. J.A. Adande heard we will match.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#279 » by DuckIII » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:04 am

Polynice4Pippen wrote:Can't knock the front office for not giving a backup/4th big man playing less than 20 minutes per game 8+ million per.

I can.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,400

Post#280 » by Indomitable » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:04 am

transplant wrote:
PistolP wrote:I just hope the Bulls make this decision with the appropriate framework of a multi-year plan in place. In two years the Bulls could have Noah, Asik, Rose, Boozer and possibly Deng and maybe even Taj on 8-figure salaries and no long-term SG. It will likely require a combo of some major roster changes (resign Deng?, amnesty Boozer?, resign Taj?, trade Noah?). It would be a shame if we wind up making decisions to let go of better players because of this. For example, if keeping Asik means having to deal Taj for a Gustavo Ayon-esque return later on, that's not a good plan.

Let's keep in mind that the Bulls' FO is methodical and conservative. Everyone says so. If this is true, I suspect that they have a long-term plan. They're not just wingin' it.

They certainly are not impulsive
:banghead:

Return to Chicago Bulls