ImageImage

OT - I'm coming to Milwaukee!

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,582

OT - I'm coming to Milwaukee! 

Post#1 » by Garbs_7 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:04 pm

I've been planning a trip to the US with a friend for a while and have booked flights arriving 25th October and leaving 8th December. I wasn't originally planning on coming to Milwaukee and was waiting for the NBA schedule to come out, but the way it turned out I wouldn't be seeing any Bucks games so I've changed things around and will be coming to Wisconsin now. I plan on arriving in Milwaukee on the 13th November and will get to watch the Bucks / Pacers on the 14th before flying out on the 16th. Will also get to catch the Bucks / Hornets on the 3rd December in New Orleans now.

My current US schedule is LA-Vegas-San Fran-Dallas-Chicago-Milwaukee-Miami-NY-New Orleans-LA-Home. Really looking forward to the idea of coming to Milwaukee now and hopefully meeting a few of you guys who I've been talking with for the last 7-8 years. Is it worth sending an email to the Bucks to try and see if there is any pre or post game function or somethng similar I could attend? Have no problem paying a bit of money to make it a really good visit.

I'll be coming from Chicago and I know it's only about an hour drive to Milwaukee so we will probably just hire a car and drive it or would getting a bus / train be better? Are there regular flights from Milwaukee to Miami or will I have to go back through Chicago? Also if anyone has any recommendations for good restaurants and tourist places to go to (Yi told me about a Lake?) and accommodation for say $75-$150 a night I'd really appreciate it! (I'm not coming to Arts with you Twirl :D )

Thanks in advance guys and if any info or advice you can give for Milwaukee / Chicago or the rest of my trip would be appreciated. Hope I can see a few of you guys while I'm there and buy you a few drinks and look forward to hearing from you on here, cheers!
unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Re: OT - I'm coming to Milwaukee! 

Post#2 » by unklchuk » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:15 pm

If I were you, I'd write the Bucks and describe your big efforts to see the Bucks. Ask if they could help you get good seats for the game. They might comp you good seats. Or at least beat the location offered at the ticket office.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
AFAIK, IDKM
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#3 » by chuckleslove » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:44 pm

Definitely worth contacting the Bucks, I know when Bogut was on the team they introduced Aussies to him when he could, obviously that isn't the situation now.

You can definitely take a bus/train from Chicago to Milwaukee and probably for cheaper than hiring a driver.

You should definitely come out to whatever pre game and post game stuff GAD organizes before/after the game you are in town, usually just at a bar near the Bradley Center but you would definitely meet a few people from the board there usually and I could see some people going out just to meet you :P

Someone else will have to give the specifics on transportation as I drive everywhere myself so haven't a clue about public transportation between the cities.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,904

Post#4 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:55 pm

Bucks staff will make sure you're taken care of
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 416

Post#5 » by smauss » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:12 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Bucks staff will make sure you're taken care of

fixed!
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by Garbs_7 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Awesome, thanks guys. I'm only 23 but the guy I'm going with is 25 so he can legally hire a car so will probably be doing that from LA - Vegas and Chicago - Milwaukee. Obviously just cabs and stuff for NY.

From all the game threads the Pacers / Bucks games seem to be a decent little rivalry and should be a good atmosphere, especially if Area 55 come across so looks like I'll get an ok game. I'm looking forward to checking out the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn, especially now that the nets look better. On the 25th November when I'm in NY the Knicks/Pistons play at 1, then Nets/Blazers at 3 and Giants/Packers at 8pm (should be amazing) so we're going to try make all 3, including the tailgate party. Will probably have to leave Knicks game early and will be late for Nets but that will probably be the best day of my life :)
White+Purple
Sixth Man
And1: 235

Post#7 » by White+Purple » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:31 pm

Southwest fly Milwaukee-Orlando so either train from Orlando to Miami or from Milwaukee to Chicago and fly to Miami from there :thumbsup:
InsideOut
Lead Assistant
And1: 534

Post#8 » by InsideOut » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:45 pm

Rent car at Chicago airport to drive around Chicago and Milwaukee area. When done return car to Chicago airport and fly on to next city. Much more to do in Chicago so spend most of your time there.

Don't do LA to Vegas to San Francisco. Land in San Francisco, drive the coast to LA then go east to Vegas. Make sure to see a redwood tree and I also recommend Heart Castle and Golden Gate Bridge. I also like Alcatraz. To much other stuff to mention. Try and focus your time in the California area and NY. Way more to see there than Dallas, Chicago, Milwaukee, New Orleans and Miami...combined (at least more me). Like about using Hotwire as you go for places to stay. Any questions let me know.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#9 » by trwi7 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:56 pm

I know you're coming in November to see a Bucks game but you really should come in summer.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
White+Purple
Sixth Man
And1: 235

Post#10 » by White+Purple » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:10 pm

trwi7 wrote:I know you're coming in November to see a Bucks game but you really should come in summer.

I know you want to show off your city in warm weather but Perth has three times as many people as Milwaukee and its winters are warmer than your springtime :P
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by Garbs_7 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:40 pm

Does anyone know the best email address to contact the Bucks on? I tried to send to fanfocused@bucks.com and ticket@milwaukeebucks.com (which my email automatically changed the fanfocused email to from the link) but both bounced back...
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by Garbs_7 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:42 pm

White+Purple wrote:Southwest fly Milwaukee-Orlando so either train from Orlando to Miami or from Milwaukee to Chicago and fly to Miami from there :thumbsup:

Sweet, thanks mate
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by Garbs_7 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:44 pm

trwi7 wrote:I know you're coming in November to see a Bucks game but you really should come in summer.

Yeah I know places like Milwaukee would be much better in Summer but I used to live in Canada when I was a kid for a few years so I love the cold/snow. I get 40 degrees Celsius summers here, Perth is ridiculous for the heat, so I want to come and experience the winter in America.
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by Garbs_7 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:50 pm

InsideOut wrote:Rent car at Chicago airport to drive around Chicago and Milwaukee area. When done return car to Chicago airport and fly on to next city. Much more to do in Chicago so spend most of your time there.

Don't do LA to Vegas to San Francisco. Land in San Francisco, drive the coast to LA then go east to Vegas. Make sure to see a redwood tree and I also recommend Heart Castle and Golden Gate Bridge. I also like Alcatraz. To much other stuff to mention. Try and focus your time in the California area and NY. Way more to see there than Dallas, Chicago, Milwaukee, New Orleans and Miami...combined (at least more me). Like about using Hotwire as you go for places to stay. Any questions let me know.

Awesome, thanks a lot for the advice. We've already got a few things planned and booked for LA when we land on October 25th and want to do the LA - Vegas drive. We plan on staying a few nights in Vegas then just flying to San Fran, not a great idea?

The other thing was our stop in Texas is still up in the air and I have tetatively booked in Dallas as the default. Some people were telling me Dallas isn't anything special and Austin is better (no nba obviously though). Any suggestions for Texas?

My basic schedule is about 9 days in LA, 14 in NY, 4 in Vegas then about 3 each for the rest of the places.
unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#15 » by unklchuk » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:12 pm

Maybe one of the Mods can private message you a good email address for the Bucks. Alternatively, there is a guy in the legal department there I worked with to unblackout the games in Appleton. We write 2-4 times a year. I could forward your message through him.

AFAIK, IDKM
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by Garbs_7 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:15 pm

unklchuk wrote:Maybe one of the Mods can private message you a good email address for the Bucks. Alternatively, there is a guy in the legal department there I worked with to unblackout the games in Appleton. We write 2-4 times a year. I could forward your message through him.

Ok cool, I don't really want to bother a legal guy with my fan stuff but if I can't get a response from a general fan email then I'll PM you my MSG to pass on, thanks. I think Mickey or someone will have a good general fan enquiry one I could get through on...
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#17 » by Ill-yasova » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:17 pm

Bring your own water though.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#18 » by WEFFPIM » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:10 pm

GAD is always huffing some postgame get-together on this board, sure you could tag along.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,904

Post#19 » by stellation » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:40 pm

Ill-yasova wrote:

Bring your own water though.

Dehydration is a major issue for young guys in Milwaukee in November.
HairyBaboon
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#20 » by HairyBaboon » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:35 am

Garbs_7 wrote:
InsideOut wrote:Rent car at Chicago airport to drive around Chicago and Milwaukee area. When done return car to Chicago airport and fly on to next city. Much more to do in Chicago so spend most of your time there.

Awesome, thanks a lot for the advice. We've already got a few things planned and booked for LA when we land on October 25th and want to do the LA - Vegas drive. We plan on staying a few nights in Vegas then just flying to San Fran, not a great idea?

The other thing was our stop in Texas is still up in the air and I have tetatively booked in Dallas as the default. Some people were telling me Dallas isn't anything special and Austin is better (no nba obviously though). Any suggestions for Texas?

My basic schedule is about 9 days in LA, 14 in NY, 4 in Vegas then about 3 each for the rest of the places.

I agree on rethinking the La-Vegas-San Fran route.

I understand if you want to do the drive from LA to Vegas, but as someone who lives in LA and has driven to Vegas, it is a VEEEEEEERY boring drive. It's nothing but desert and Vegas is not as close to LA as people make it out to be. It's about a 4 hour drive from LA to Vegas, and you can tack on an extra hour with the traffic just trying to get out of the city and on the road.

Also, I don't know if you've ever been to LA before, but make sure you have each day planned really well or you're going to end up spending the entire day in the car and it'll be miserable. Let me know if you have any questions about the area/good things to do and I can help you out.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks