ImageImageImage

Here's the real reason why Jeff Green hasn't been signed yet

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

viphost
Banned User
And1: 8

Post#1 » by viphost » Mon Aug 6, 2012 2:36 am

Hey folks, hope everyone is doing ok... As some of you may remember I knew Ray Allen wasn't going to sign with the Celtics and gave out results several days before his decision. A friend of mine who is very close to Tyronne Lue does have LEGIT info on couple of things and especially regarding Jeff Green situation. Apparently, Jeff Greens heart is still somewhat at red light. Even though Doctors did approve full court play, after several tests it showed he had elevated levels of palpitations. This is not serious but Danny Ainge does not want to sign him and give him decent contract or sign him at all until he is %100 sure that Jeff is fully healthy. He has seen 7 different cardiologists and heard different opinions...but things DO NOT look good with Jeff Green as of right now... He hasn't worked out AT ALL this entire summer.

This is LEGIT trust me.
Bertrob
RealGM
And1: 8,821

Re: Here's the real reason why Jeff Green hasn't been signed 

Post#2 » by Bertrob » Mon Aug 6, 2012 2:38 am

If this is true....well Jeff Green is the nightmare that keeps on giving
KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Post#3 » by KGboss » Mon Aug 6, 2012 2:41 am

This whole thing with Green is garbage if this is true. Pisses me off so much.
Geoffrey P
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 521

Post#4 » by Geoffrey P » Mon Aug 6, 2012 2:44 am

And if this is true then that additional SECOND ROUND draft pick will help the Celtics how much...? What a joke.
viphost
Banned User

Post#5 » by viphost » Mon Aug 6, 2012 3:04 am

Jeff Green will NOT sign with Celtics until Celtics medical staff is 110% SURE that his heart is fully healthy. This is coming from Lue not some average joe who claims he's an insider. When things are QUIET Celtics fans should worry. Remember KG's knee injury ? There is NO REASON why they signed everyone besides JEFF GREEN...the answer is very obvious.
Cool_Dude
Senior
And1: 276

Post#6 » by Cool_Dude » Mon Aug 6, 2012 3:04 am

Man... I always had a feeling in the back of my mind that this "heart abnormality" that caused him to miss the ENTIRE SEASON wouldn't be perfectly fixed after one surgery. Some complication was bound to come up. :(
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,757

Post#7 » by SuperDeluxe » Mon Aug 6, 2012 3:05 am

If accurate (and it could very well be), this sucks – especially for Jeff Green. One's health is not worth risking it for any sum of money, so I hope he doesn't sign until he's 100% good to go. All the best to him.

That being said, if his signing is still up in the air due to health reasons, I wonder why Green was even introduced with the other signed players a month ago. Maybe these palpitations weren't happening back then?

viphost wrote:He hasn't worked out AT ALL this entire summer.

That contradicts what has been said out there, including on Green's own Twitter page. Today he retweeted a tweet to this interview: http://www.heelstohoops.com/?p=769#more-769. Asked what's been doing this summer so far, his first answer is "Working out" (basketball, weights, boxing work out).
viphost
Banned User

Post#8 » by viphost » Mon Aug 6, 2012 3:13 am

The real question is what the hell do we do if Jeff can't play basketball again or for now...
Cool_Dude
Senior

Post#9 » by Cool_Dude » Mon Aug 6, 2012 3:19 am

I know what I'll be doing if this is true. A whole lot of this: :banghead:
mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#10 » by mr_sunshine » Mon Aug 6, 2012 3:29 am

This would suck. Just when I thought we'd get rid of that scrub Pietrus. :(
crosko42
Starter
And1: 681

Post#11 » by crosko42 » Mon Aug 6, 2012 3:35 am

mr_sunshine wrote:This would suck. Just when I thought we'd get rid of that scrub Pietrus. :(

Or that time we thought we got David West. Although west is twice the player Green is this would still dampen our chances to contend considerably if this is true.

It would also possibly end greens career which would be a real shame for a great guy.

Lets hope this isn't true.
GreenBloodedC
RealGM
And1: 14,436

Post#12 » by GreenBloodedC » Mon Aug 6, 2012 3:42 am

If true, this might be the worst news in the off season. Worse than Ray Allen leaving. Most of us were looking forward to a healthy Jeff Green having major contributions for our team. Nevertheless, health should never be compromised. I hope that everything will be ok for Jeff.
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#13 » by GuyClinch » Mon Aug 6, 2012 3:50 am

I hope our doctors actually know their stuff. Since this guy has been playing hoops most of his life and never even got sick.. I am still skeptical..
CelticsRise
Senior
And1: 9

Post#14 » by CelticsRise » Mon Aug 6, 2012 4:10 am

And when everything was going well for Cs....oh well.

If he cant play what are our options?
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,528

Post#15 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon Aug 6, 2012 4:10 am

SuperDeluxe wrote:If accurate (and it could very well be), this sucks – especially for Jeff Green. One's health is not worth risking it for any sum of money, so I hope he doesn't sign until he's 100% good to go. All the best to him.

That being said, if his signing is still up in the air due to health reasons, I wonder why Green was even introduced with the other signed players a month ago. Maybe these palpitations weren't happening back then?

That contradicts what has been said out there, including on Green's own Tweeter page. Today he retweeted a tweet to this interview: http://www.heelstohoops.com/?p=769#more-769. Asked what's been doing this summer so far, his first answer is "Working out" (basketball, weights, boxing work out).

When trying to guess who's right -- VIPhost or Green -- I'm inclined to go with Green. However, something about that interview worries me in a different way:

I hear a lot of athletes say there was another sport they grew up playing full time, did you have one?

“Well, I never played on an official team besides basketball. Around the neighborhood we’d get guys together and play baseball and football. I like baseball, but I could never catch with the opposite hand when I was younger.”

Does that sound like a story you'd hear from somebody who's ever going to be a plus rebounder at the NBA level?
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 8,950

Post#16 » by Bad-Thoma » Mon Aug 6, 2012 4:13 am

I don't really buy this. Time will tell I guess.
Cool_Dude
Senior

Post#17 » by Cool_Dude » Mon Aug 6, 2012 4:32 am

Fencer reregistered wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:If accurate (and it could very well be), this sucks – especially for Jeff Green. One's health is not worth risking it for any sum of money, so I hope he doesn't sign until he's 100% good to go. All the best to him.

That contradicts what has been said out there, including on Green's own Tweeter page. Today he retweeted a tweet to this interview: http://www.heelstohoops.com/?p=769#more-769. Asked what's been doing this summer so far, his first answer is "Working out" (basketball, weights, boxing work out).

When trying to guess who's right -- VIPhost or Green -- I'm inclined to go with Green. However, something about that interview worries me in a different way:

I hear a lot of athletes say there was another sport they grew up playing full time, did you have one?

“Well, I never played on an official team besides basketball. Around the neighborhood we’d get guys together and play baseball and football. I like baseball, but I could never catch with the opposite hand when I was younger.”

Does that sound like a story you'd hear from somebody who's ever going to be a plus rebounder at the NBA level?

Concerning? Sure, but the bigger worry is whether he can ever step back on an NBA court as opposed to two-handed rebounding. Besides, rebounding a basketball and catching a baseball (which often is thrown or hit in a straight line towards you, as opposed to a rebound of a basketball which drops down from above) are quite different.
15th overall
RealGM
And1: 5,853

Post#18 » by 15th overall » Mon Aug 6, 2012 4:37 am

Well I'd hope that he'd be rebounding with both hands and not trying to palm boards with his offhand. I'm not trying to be a complete smartass here but I really don't see how that correlates.
"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
China Fan
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#19 » by China Fan » Mon Aug 6, 2012 4:40 am

The 9 posts by the OP's name fill me with a bit of doubt. But then again, how many posts are by my name?

In any event, anyone who is counting on Green is setting themselves up to potentially be let down. Sure, I think it is more likely than not that he comes in and plays well for us. But he has been out a year and he didn't quite fit in the short time he played for us 2 seasons ago. These twin notions- countin on Green and discounting MP all together, I think are misguided.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,528

Post#20 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon Aug 6, 2012 5:17 am

15th overall wrote:

Well I'd hope that he'd be rebounding with both hands and not trying to palm boards with his offhand. I'm not trying to be a complete smartass here but I really don't see how that correlates.

I think both might relate to tracking a ball in the air.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".

Return to Boston Celtics