ImageImageImage

Wade's Comeback Season Version 2.0

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Zasterror
RealGM
And1: 10,019

Re: Wade's Comeback Season Version 2.0 

Post#41 » by Zasterror » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:51 pm

He may probably work with the shooting coach during the regular season. Just throwing that out there.
lukekarts
Head Coach
And1: 335

Post#42 » by lukekarts » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:16 am

I think it's fantastic that when Wade has a down year he still has a better year than most.

Players who have averaged > 22/4/4/1.5/1:

Robinson
Kareem
Erving
Webber
Jordan
Barkley
KMalone
TMac
Bird
Ron Harper (:o)
LeBron

Pretty elite company, no?

Anyway, 'comeback' version 2.0 isn't necessary. I want him to maintain this level of production but at greater consistency and perhaps greater efficiency, or perhaps more jump-shot oriented to space the floor. That would be cool.
There is no consolation prize. Winning is everything.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 7,984

Post#43 » by Flash4thewin » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:57 pm

I think Wade will need to try to get leaner and work on his shooting especially the 3. Wade being thinner will help him play pg which he will be doing alot of this up coming season.
Time4War
Rookie
And1: 182

Post#44 » by Time4War » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:29 pm

Wade and Allen will be wonderful work out partners. :)
RoadWarriorZ
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#45 » by RoadWarriorZ » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:08 pm

He did actually say he was going to practice with a shooting coach. :lol:

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a ... 9591_n.jpg
FlashFlare
RealGM
And1: 30,615

Post#46 » by FlashFlare » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:07 am

Time4War wrote:Wade and Allen will be wonderful work out partners. :)

Hopefully they do work out together this offseason. Ray can get Wade to work on his balance when shooting... no more fading away! :evil:
Zasterror
RealGM

Post#47 » by Zasterror » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:16 pm

Glen20
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#48 » by Glen20 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:29 pm

as far as i can tell, wade is the key to beating LA or an improved OKC squad
if wade plays poorly (probably due to injury) i dont think lebron can save us from LA or OKC
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,956

Post#49 » by SweetTouch » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:46 pm

Riley knew Howard was going to the Lakers, that's why he made sure both Wade & Bosh missed the olympics. He also went and picked up a player , he knows hates kobe. He has also told Lebron to keep it cool during the olympics

Wade knows he needs to be Wade next season
Stop being so disrespectful.
Chosen01
RealGM
And1: 534

Post#50 » by Chosen01 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:12 pm

Wade was playing at a high level before the injury, which is why it funny when people say he's on the decline, then those same people will turn and say "LeBron has a PRIME Wade" to aide their argument when they want to say LeBron has "so much" help when trying to discuss his legacy.

But I don't think we have to worry, Wade thrives on being doubted(himself and the team) we should see him back with a fury.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 7,984

Post#51 » by Flash4thewin » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:28 pm

We just need Wade healthy but with a vastly improved shot. Wade will be play pg allot this season
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#52 » by DWadeno3 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:47 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:We just need Wade healthy but with a vastly improved shot. Wade will be play pg allot this season

Look for Wade's jump shot to be vastly improved once he's healthy. Shooting with a constantly hurting knee will kill your percentages and his shooting wasn't even that poor. With that being said, I'm not worried about him. He'll bounce back strong and help us to repeat.

#HeatLifer
ERRDAY3
Senior
And1: 3

Post#53 » by ERRDAY3 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:33 am

I hope he slims down
Slot Machine
Head Coach
And1: 4,542

Post#54 » by Slot Machine » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:11 am

I hope he can just improve his 3 point shot, not necessarily for now, but for when he starts declining, which I don't believe has happened yet. He could play a style similar to Harden's, hopefully without the flopping, once he starts losing explosiveness where he could spot up on the 3 point line, and either take the three, or pump fake and take it to the hole.
The Bunk wrote:God I hate this fraudulent clown.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.
Miamis3rdRing
Banned User
And1: 131

Post#55 » by Miamis3rdRing » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:22 am

I've been saying it since last season - Wade will play better in 2012-2013 than he did in 2011-2012. It's all about injuries.

If he's really working on his jumpshot like he said he would - look out!

One thing (Among many) he doesn't get credit for is some of the momentum changing defensive plays he made in the playoffs. Some of those blocked shots were incredible.

Look at Kobe's comments on the Lakers becoming Dwight's team 2-3 years down the line, and compare that to what Wade said last year about LeBron.
Zasterror
RealGM

Post#56 » by Zasterror » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:10 pm

Miamis3rdRing wrote:I've been saying it since last season - Wade will play better in 2012-2013 than he did in 2011-2012. It's all about injuries.

One thing (Among many) he doesn't get credit for is some of the momentum changing defensive plays he made in the playoffs. Some of those blocked shots were incredible.

Look at Kobe's comments on the Lakers becoming Dwight's team 2-3 years down the line, and compare that to what Wade said last year about LeBron.

This so much. He made so many effort plays in the Playoffs, even when he was struggling to score. Too bad this type of stuff gets unnoticed while Kobe still gets 1st Team All-Defensive smh
MMyhre
Suspended
And1: 558

Post#57 » by MMyhre » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:25 pm

Zasterror wrote:
Miamis3rdRing wrote:I've been saying it since last season - Wade will play better in 2012-2013 than he did in 2011-2012. It's all about injuries.

This so much. He made so many effort plays in the Playoffs, even when he was struggling to score. Too bad this type of stuff gets unnoticed while Kobe still gets 1st Team All-Defensive smh

Amen brother, preach out to the brethren out there. The KoBEEs always want more, Kobe gets all these defensive 1st-2nd teams when he can't defend Chris Quinn for ****.

Still I see the KoBEEs want more and they drag out that Kobe actually was the CO-MVP with Wade in the 08 Olympics, even though, you know, Wade outscored him on so much better efficency, in less minutes, with better all around stats, and more points in the final game including one of these clutch buckets Kobe got praised/crowned MVP/Boss/Jesus/Whatever for.
LEIF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 921
Location: Charleston, SC. Born and raised in The City of North Miami.

Post#58 » by LEIF » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:10 am

I think Wade will have a GREAT year but in a pretty different way then ever before, I think we will see him evolve into more of a faclilator on offense and more of a ball handler as we will look to surround our Big 3 with 2 shooters to space the floor which will put the ball handling responsiblities on Wade overall. I think we will see Wade (and Bosh also) carry us early on in the season while letting Lebron be Lebron (but not world beater style) so that Lebron can catch his breath for the stretch run.

I always have said that when the day came that Dwyane had to refine his game and rely more on his mid range attack and post game he would improve, adjust and remain as effective as ever. That time is now.

IF Lebron and DWade are firing on all cylinders with this supporting cast I will take our chances against ANYBODY. ANYBODY.

Follow me on Twitter @Lefty_Leif
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,061

Post#59 » by Hoopz Afrik » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:20 pm

I'm more excited about seeing D-Wade dominate this year than I am about seeing LeBron. @LEIF made a great point about how Dwyane's game is going to evolve and I fully expect him to return to be an improved midrange shooter and a defensive stalwart this season and into the playoffs. Signing Ray Allen really tacked on an extra 2-3 high quality seasons onto Dwyane Wade's career.....IF THEY DON'T WANT TO SEE THE LIGHT, MAKE THEM FEEL THE HEAT!!!! (that's my motto for the 2012-2013 campaign)....
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Altered_Beast
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,634

Post#60 » by Altered_Beast » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:43 pm

i dont think we will see a big improvement in wades shooting. maybe he can just get back to the level he was back in 08-09 or something close to it. however as i see lebron operating down low more next season i think d-wade will prob be up there in terms of career highs in assists.

people like to look at how he struggled shooting the ball in the post season but in reality the guy was making monster plays for us. against the thunder the wade/bosh pick and roll was lethal

i want wade to just focus on getting in the best shape possible, continue to work with lebron and bosh on those pick and rolls and not attack the rim as recklessly as he usually does.

i see wade putting up another great year

23ppg
6 apg
5 rpg
1 bpg
1 spg

with improved shooting percentages and less turnovers and career low in minutes

"A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."

Return to Miami Heat