Danish Basketball Leagues

Moderator: THE J0KER

bdp31770
Junior
And1: 237

Danish Basketball Leagues 

Post#1 » by bdp31770 » Mon Aug 6, 2012 3:53 pm

I see that there's a professional league in Denmark, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danish_Basketball_League/

I'm curious if there's any other leagues there? If so, are they recreational, or church, or school affiliated? I'm considering going to college there, and would love to try to walk on to a school basketball team, if such a thing exists. Or, to try to play on a semi-pro/very minor league level team.
Thank you for any info!
WhateverBro
Head Coach
And1: 1,578

Re: Danish Basketball Leagues 

Post#2 » by WhateverBro » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:42 pm

I'm not from Denmark, I'm from Sweden but I'm guessing they have a system similar to what Sweden have. If that's the case, then there are no college teams. They probably have the danish basketball league and then a couple of other leagues under it, division 1,2,3 etc.

I actually asked my brother who used to play in Swedens top basketball league and he told me that the league is worse than in Sweden so I'm guessing you'd be able to play in the divisions under their top league.

Don't know if my info was any help but hope you'll find some team there to play on.

Edit: Wow, their first league is worse than I thought, lol. Check out this link; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ULEB_League_Rankings

They're ranked dead last of the 48 european leagues that they've ranked. Comparing this to Sweden being 24th.. yeah if you're a pretty good player then you should be able to land a spot on a team under their top league.
bdp31770
Junior
And1: 237

Re: Danish Basketball Leagues 

Post#3 » by bdp31770 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:13 pm

Awesome, thanks for the reply. Looks like there's a few familiar names in that league, Kristoffersen was all conference in college in the states I think. Maybe comparable to division 2 college ball in the US? I definitely couldn't hang in that league but maybe in a lower level. Thanks again for the info.

Return to International Basketball