Lets talk about Alexey Shved

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Re: Lets talk about Alexey Shved 

Post#41 » by Mattya » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:09 pm

Tirion wrote:
Mattya wrote:That's what you get with young players. Good games, and bad games. Attributing Blatts bloody nose to Shved is silly to say the least. When things got tense he made good plays and bad plays. When the bronze medal was on the line he hit a big three with under a minute left. Your overstating his negatives, and understating others negatives. Your making their role players out to be way better than they were.

Shved was brought to the team to be a point guard and run the offense. That was a tall order and he failed understandably, cause it's not his natural position. However he can't be called a second best player, when his team advanced to the semi-finals in spite of his play.

And they wouldn't have won the bronze or made it to the semi final without him.
GrangerDanger
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#42 » by GrangerDanger » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:32 pm

Tirion wrote:
Mattya wrote:That's what you get with young players. Good games, and bad games. Attributing Blatts bloody nose to Shved is silly to say the least. When things got tense he made good plays and bad plays. When the bronze medal was on the line he hit a big three with under a minute left. Your overstating his negatives, and understating others negatives. Your making their role players out to be way better than they were.

Shved was brought to the team to be a point guard and run the offense. That was a tall order and he failed understandably, cause it's not his natural position. However he can't be called a second best player, when his team advanced to the semi-finals in spite of his play.

You trolling? did you watch any of the PreOlympics? Russia doesn't make qualify if Shved doesn't play as well as he did. He had some bad games, but he had some great games. The role players you insist on overrating had some bad games and some average games. I will take great/bad over average/bad any day of the week
Notas A3
Rookie
And1: 138

Post#43 » by Notas A3 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:48 pm

GrangerDanger wrote:
You trolling? did you watch any of the PreOlympics? Russia doesn't make qualify if Shved doesn't play as well as he did. He had some bad games, but he had some great games. The role players you insist on overrating had some bad games and some average games. I will take great/bad over average/bad any day of the week

We are talking bout the Olympics, neither PreOlympics nor Euroleague. He played awfull against top competition in three games, against Spain and Lithuania, and he did an incredible job and played pretty well against top competition with Argentina. IMHO is the same to say that if he hadn't played that well against Argentina, the whole tournament would have been a huge disappoinment than saying that If he had played good games against SPA and LIT he would have named one of the best five players in the tournament.

When I want to talk about best players in one team, I want consistency, I want them to be at least something in every single game, you can have bad games, but in those games Shved was a non factor, and if you're the second best player in his team by talent (we all agree on this) you have to play in every single game or at least show up in the games that are important. E.G: Mozgov played pretty well against all good teams but Argentina. Fridzon did so against all teams, and his worst game against top competition was the last one with Spain but he didn't played but at all.
Let's Go Sixers!
Bubstubbler
Starter
And1: 755

Post#44 » by Bubstubbler » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:50 pm

CROSS+ wrote:
Bubstubbler wrote:
Gotta throw some love out to Sasha Kaun, too, while we're at it (the guy who catches and finishes that play). He'd be a great role player on a winning team in the NBA. He's the type of player that a lot of teams would love to have as their 4th or 5th big: great attitude, plays hard, plays strong, cares about defense, always keeps his head up looking for passes, tries to play smart, is happy to play d and rebound, doesn't force things on offense, knows his limitations, no ego problems, really wants to win, etc. You almost expect him to have a lunch pail and hardhat in his locker.

LOL.

Sasha Kaun has to be one of the worst basketball players in the world as he basically has no basketball skill whatsoever.

Kaun is EXACTLY what I described (which you either didn't read or failed to comprehend), and most winning teams have a use for such a player. You gotta be pretty dumb to not understand the value he'd have on a winning team "AS THEIR 4TH OR 5TH BIG." Pretty obvious you've never coached or thought like one.
Johnlac1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,605

Post#45 » by Johnlac1 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:43 pm

Just watched a few CSK Moscow games from last year. I was watching one where they played Unicaja Malaga and Joel Freeland (who had a number of NBA-level moves). Close game at half-time. Shved looked like a spectator when he was on the floor in the first half. Then in the third quarter Shved and Teodosic teamed up and took over. Shved did a Russian imitation of Michael Jordan with two tremendous dunks: one off the dribble and one on a lob assist from Teodosic. He also hit a jump shot and had several nice assists including one where he penetrated and then passed to Teodosic for a three-pointer. In short, thanks to Shved, CSK blew the game out in the third. Shved's athletic ability enabling him to penetrate basically destroyed Unicaja. That's Shved's potential. He can be absent from the play and look like he's just running around. Then he can take over games and pour in points and assists in a short period of time. Obviously, the Wolves want the latter Shved.
Ice Trae
RealGM
And1: 10,884

Post#46 » by Ice Trae » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:46 pm

flip murray with better passing
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,582

Post#47 » by Klomp » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:06 am

Nine games in, reviews are positive. Averaging 10.4 ppg and 4.2 apg in 23.2 mpg off the bench. Tonight he scored 22 points and dished 7 assists in almost 33 minutes off the bench.

He's a guy that Adelman is trusting in the 4th quarter to help bring the team back from huge deficits. And the ball is in his hands on almost every possession late in games.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WQ7Qe3_mnU[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=043QVD15_78[/youtube]

“@Twolves_PR: Tonight was Shved's fifth double-digit scoring night (third straight) and fourth game of 5+ assists in his last five contests. #Twolves”
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
TwentyOne920
Lead Assistant
And1: 129

Post#48 » by TwentyOne920 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:10 am

He's got elements of Manu Ginobili, but he's distinct enough to be his own player.
bertrob wrote:Any casual fan saying anything about Tim Duncan is usually wrong

bobly wrote:Kobe locked up his All Defensive Team this year after he blocked Lebron in the all-star game.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#49 » by Klomp » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:14 am

More early season highlights

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S3HaBTIgfY[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVGJAdPxXy0[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVUq2S_W9DQ[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoVQcq4WeaQ[/youtube]
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

dballislife
RealGM
And1: 4,913

Post#50 » by dballislife » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:27 am

shooting .360 .200 so far, looks like he can create some though...at 6'6 180-190 doesnt look like he'll score or defend much anytime soon
What is basketball.....basketball is life!
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#51 » by Klomp » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:25 pm

dballislife wrote:shooting .360 .200 so far, looks like he can create some though...at 6'6 180-190 doesnt look like he'll score or defend much anytime soon

Then you'll be surprised when you stop looking at the box scores and actually watch him in a game.

C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#52 » by C.lupus » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:39 pm

Klomp wrote:Nine games in, reviews are positive. Averaging 10.4 ppg and 4.2 apg in 23.2 mpg off the bench. Tonight he scored 22 points and dished 7 assists in almost 33 minutes off the bench.

He's a guy that Adelman is trusting in the 4th quarter to help bring the team back from huge deficits. And the ball is in his hands on almost every possession late in games.

The interesting stat for me is that he is averaging 10.4 ppg total and averaging 7 ppg in the fourth quarter.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by Klomp » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:41 pm

C.lupus wrote:The interesting stat for me is that he is averaging 10.4 ppg total and averaging 7 ppg in the fourth quarter.

And that's huge on an Adelman-coached team. Shows that Coach has confidence in him.

kakaman
Banned User
And1: 665

Post#54 » by kakaman » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:56 pm

With Roy hobbling, do you guys think Adelman will have a Rubio-Shved backcourt?
StatLine
Veteran
And1: 1,723

Post#55 » by StatLine » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:00 pm

The dude can ball, but he takes ill-advised shots sometimes. The Wolves have great depth at the PG position.
Krodis
Lead Assistant
And1: 599

Post#56 » by Krodis » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:10 pm

dballislife wrote:shooting .360 .200 so far, looks like he can create some though...at 6'6 180-190 doesnt look like he'll score or defend much anytime soon

TS% is .504, which isn't good, but not nearly as bad as his individual percentages make it seem. Seems to be getting to the line. Takes a lot of threes, despite the low percentage thus far. I'd imagine he starts hitting some.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#57 » by C.lupus » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:12 pm

kakaman wrote:With Roy hobbling, do you guys think Adelman will have a Rubio-Shved backcourt?

Who knows if Adelman will put him in the starting unit but I would bet good money there will be plenty of Rubio-Shved backcourt minutes in the fourth quarter. A Rubio-Shved-Kirilenko-Love-Pekovic lineup is going to be fun to watch.

StatLine wrote:The dude can ball, but he takes ill-advised shots sometimes. The Wolves have great depth at the PG position.

He does take some ill-advised shots. He also makes too many passes from the air and he gets caught in the air frequently. He should adjust, though.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#58 » by Klomp » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:47 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6o0UcFOeHc[/youtube]

Elden Payton
RealGM
And1: 2,591

Post#59 » by Elden Payton » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:29 am

He reminds me of Bobby Sura.
Taki
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#60 » by Taki » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:49 am

Thanks for the video posts Klomp. I saw him make that 4 point play with the 3, the nice passes, and the move to the basket with a condescending announcer (HE'S USING HIS MUSCLE, USING ANY MUSCLE HE DOES HAVE TO MAKE A GOOD MOVE TO THE BASKET). You can be strong, I believe it's called "wirey strong" or something. I'm sure he can work out next off season or something. He's not a PF so it's not like it matters.

Anyway a Rubio-Shved back court will be the flashiest team in the NBA, his %s are low right now but that's cause he's adjusting to the NBA game and it will normalize in due time, he does take some bad shots sometimes which was the knock on him in the euroleague. He reminds me of Ginobili and has potential to be better than him.

My question is what do the wolves need now to get over the hump? Kirilenko has been insane for them but what should the starting line up look like once everyone is healthy? Shout out to Josh Howard who has been solid thus far.

Twolves are becoming one of my fav teams. Though I have to question why every year Kevin Love gets huge numbers yet they don't make the playoffs, could it be because his bad defense off-sets his offense? The pace they play at? I just don't know with him.

Return to The General Board