Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

davidvolumes
Junior
And1: 154

Kravtsov n JJ 

Post#1 » by davidvolumes » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:32 pm

Kravtsov play in their home countries

by Keith Langlois, Pistons.com | @Keith_Langlois

Slava Kravtsov and Jonas Jerebko will compete in the European Championships this summer.
Slava Kravtsov might not be a guy whose statistics jump out of the box score, but nobody has to convince Pistons fans who remember their 2004 NBA title of the value of just such a player. Ben Wallace put together a pretty fair career without filling up every statistical column.

Pistons assistant general manager George David saw Kravtsov affect games out of proportion to what his numbers suggested during his recent visit to Europe to watch Kravtsov play two games for Ukraine and Jonas Jerebko one for Sweden as they competed on their national teams in European Championship qualifying games.

“One of the things that goes unnoticed with Slava is not just the blocks, but the amount of shots he alters,” David said, back in his office after returning to Detroit on Tuesday following Sweden’s 111-74 Monday win over Luxembourg led by Jerebko. “It was evident in both of the games I saw where there were quite a few possessions where a penetrating guard just didn’t go into the lane because he was there.

3 paragraph limit, provide link, and use quote button when you can

- ajaX
Jodi
Banned User
And1: 52

Re: Kravtsov n JJ 

Post#2 » by Jodi » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:21 pm

^Dang!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#3 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:51 pm

I like these guys. Pistons future is finally looking bright again.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
mercury
Head Coach
And1: 679

Post#4 » by mercury » Thu Sep 6, 2012 7:16 am

Pugz
Rookie
And1: 168

Post#5 » by Pugz » Fri Sep 7, 2012 3:48 am

idk how long the article was but some of the rules here are flat out dumb.

good for them to be playing though. hopefully it can give us fans something to think about and maybe see where krav will play for us.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,217

Post#6 » by vege » Fri Sep 7, 2012 4:01 am

Pugz wrote:idk how long the article was but some of the rules here are flat out dumb.

I agree but not this one. There are copyright issues if you post the whole article if I'm not mistaken.

Anyways I like both Kravtsov and JJ and I like the way the team is taking care of them and showing support, it's important and it does matter.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#7 » by ajaX82 » Fri Sep 7, 2012 8:28 pm

vege wrote:
Pugz wrote:idk how long the article was but some of the rules here are flat out dumb.

I agree but not this one. There are copyright issues if you post the whole article if I'm not mistaken.

This is exactly the case: copyright. Just provide a link so people can go read the article and it shouldn't be a problem
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,537

Post#8 » by ComboGuardCity » Fri Sep 7, 2012 9:49 pm

Yeah there was a big issue with Gizmodo or some site a while back. Copyright is a huge deal. It gets ugly...and potentially very expensive.
Pugz
Rookie

Post#9 » by Pugz » Sat Sep 8, 2012 2:21 am

ajaX82 wrote:
vege wrote:

This is exactly the case: copyright. Just provide a link so people can go read the article and it shouldn't be a problem

lol. its only a copyright issue if someone claims the article as their own.
DocRI
Starter
And1: 762

Post#10 » by DocRI » Sat Sep 8, 2012 3:22 am

Pugz wrote:lol. its only a copyright issue if someone claims the article as their own.

Sorry Pugz, but what you're describing is plagiarism, which is something different. Copyright laws keep someone from reproducing something which they don't own the intellectual rights to. For example, you can't go buy a copy of The Stand, take it to Kinkos, make 100 copies of it, and then sell those copies (and if you do, you'll be hearing from Stephen King's lawyers shortly). Granted, no one is profiting from posts on a message board, but it's the same concept; the intellectual property of the column typically belongs to the writer, so it cannot be reproduced without their approval or consent (which usually requires compensation).

By the way, in my career I've worked at design firms, printing presses, copy centers, and publishing houses, and at each it's always been a hard and fast rule that you simply DO NOT mess around with copyright infringement; as ComboGuard correctly stated, that can be a VERY expensive mistake.
Rondo2Hondo
Banned User
And1: 40

Post#11 » by Rondo2Hondo » Sun Sep 9, 2012 3:01 am

Never seems to be an issue on InsideHoops or other websites I frequent. RealGm is too PC
mercury
Head Coach
And1: 679

Post#12 » by mercury » Sun Sep 9, 2012 6:59 am

Rondo2Hondo wrote:Never seems to be an issue on InsideHoops or other websites I frequent. RealGm is too PC

There is always that thought of... will it be locked due to repetition or controversy... or did you possible break one of the 100 rules... anal comes to mind... oopps did it again.
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#13 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:24 am

nothings perfect guys, just abide by the rules, and if its a really big deal someone has to hit a link instead of having the text right there, then "your spoiled" and sounds like personal problem.
Pugz
Rookie

Post#14 » by Pugz » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:20 pm

DocRI wrote:
Pugz wrote:lol. its only a copyright issue if someone claims the article as their own.

Sorry Pugz, but what you're describing is plagiarism, which is something different. Copyright laws keep someone from reproducing something which they don't own the intellectual rights to. For example, you can't go buy a copy of The Stand, take it to Kinkos, make 100 copies of it, and then sell those copies (and if you do, you'll be hearing from Stephen King's lawyers shortly). Granted, no one is profiting from posts on a message board, but it's the same concept; the intellectual property of the column typically belongs to the writer, so it cannot be reproduced without their approval or consent (which usually requires compensation).

By the way, in my career I've worked at design firms, printing presses, copy centers, and publishing houses, and at each it's always been a hard and fast rule that you simply DO NOT mess around with copyright infringement; as ComboGuard correctly stated, that can be a VERY expensive mistake.

posting an article for others to discuss is not taking credit or plagiarizing by any means. now if one posted an article and said afterwards they wrote it or take any credit for the article; then we can talk about how its illegal.

the fact that RealGM posts others articles is just adding to the LOL matter of you guys trying to say i was wrong..
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#15 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:09 pm

FYI. We are allowed to quote parts of the article as long as we also post a link to the article, just not quote the whole article.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Detroit Pistons