ImageImageImage

Wade's Comeback Season Version 2.0

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Chessboxer
Analyst
And1: 585

Re: Wade's Comeback Season Version 2.0 

Post#61 » by Chessboxer » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:12 am

Its about a month until training camp starts so it will be tough to guage how much of a difference his shot will be in terms of consistency. Maybe Wade will "resurrect" the vaunted Noacs' arc? I'm pretty sure everybody remembers Wade using the Noah's arc during last season and not only did it do wonders for his FT shooting, it was the best stretch of outside shooting I've seen Wade do in years.

I wonder if it was the lack of practice with the machine or his knee (which would influence your jumpshot heavily)? As Zasterror posted Wades' interview on pg 3, he could barely practice during the playoffs. and in between games at was pretty much all rehab gettng his knee ready for games. You combine this with the fact that Wade is a rhythm shooter, with no opportunity to practice and playing on a bad knee and you get the Wade we saw this past postseason in terms of his jumpshot.
" What I do is attack your ability. I don't have to stand over you and taunt you. You'll know when it's done that I'm better."

-Micheal Jordan
Zasterror
RealGM
And1: 10,019

Post#62 » by Zasterror » Sat Sep 1, 2012 5:18 pm

I too hope that Wade gets back on the Noah's Arc. I was so proud of him shooting nearly 90% from the FT line for a nice portion of his season last year.
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#63 » by DWadeno3 » Sat Sep 1, 2012 7:21 pm

Chessboxer wrote:Its about a month until training camp starts so it will be tough to guage how much of a difference his shot will be in terms of consistency. Maybe Wade will "resurrect" the vaunted Noacs' arc? I'm pretty sure everybody remembers Wade using the Noah's arc during last season and not only did it do wonders for his FT shooting, it was the best stretch of outside shooting I've seen Wade do in years.

I wonder if it was the lack of practice with the machine or his knee (which would influence your jumpshot heavily)? As Zasterror posted Wades' interview on pg 3, he could barely practice during the playoffs. and in between games at was pretty much all rehab gettng his knee ready for games. You combine this with the fact that Wade is a rhythm shooter, with no opportunity to practice and playing on a bad knee and you get the Wade we saw this past postseason in terms of his jumpshot.

I agree with his shooting slump being caused by injury, because as you said he a) didn't have proper lift and stability in his legs and b) wasn't able to work on his shot in between games, which is something every player has to do. I've said it numerous times, the condensed schedule was a killer for players who got injured because you couldn't take the time you usually do to heal your injury or else you'd miss too many games. As a result of it, you'd play hurt, probably suffer a worse or a different injury because you favor another leg etc. Look at Rose and how he was never really able to return or how even Dwight Howard suddenly suffered a freak injury. Last season's schedule was a killer for everyone.

Thus, I'm sure he'll be fine next season. His jumper isn't broken, his mechanics are fine, he just needs to establish some sort of practice/playing rhythm with it in order to be consistent from the outside.

#HeatLifer
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#64 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Sun Sep 2, 2012 11:44 pm

i just hope he has a jump shot this season. ray ray better be working with him.
Mars
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,174

Post#65 » by Mars » Sat Sep 8, 2012 11:41 pm

The mistake, Dwyane Wade said, was going public with his intent of hiring a shooting coach this offseason.

"So many people starting calling me after that. Everybody was trying to work with me. I had to call my agent to make it stop," the Miami Heat guard said with a laugh amid his book tour, which Saturday included a stop at the Dolphin Mall to autograph copies of "A father First: How my life became bigger than basketball."

The reality, Wade said, is what he really needed was a catching coach.

In the wake of a season where he felt his jumper got away from him, Wade said upon further review it was not as much about how he was shooting the ball as how he was going through that motion.

Now, with training camp three weeks away, he believes he has a grasp on the situation.

"I have one of the best mid-range shots in the league," he said. "But, obviously, when you have different injuries, it makes you change a little bit. So it's just about getting back to that comfort of it and finding out where you are now.

"My midrange game is very important to me. The biggest thing is coming out of my pull-up without losing the ball and just making sure it comes through my hand the right way. When it comes to my shot exactly, I don't have a bad shot. There's other reasons why I come up short a lot. So it's just trying to work the kinks out."

Link
GUTSā„¢
MartyCONLONNN
Analyst
And1: 2,315

Post#66 » by MartyCONLONNN » Sun Sep 9, 2012 2:27 am

Wade's my guy, but this is typical. Of course he could use working with a shooting coach considering he's never even really worked with one before. He always talks about himself simply "not being blessed" with arc on his shot. Well Dwyane, sorry but that is something you can work on my dude... with a shooting coach. I'm one of those who actually expects Dwyane to have a very strong year in response to the injury plagued slow season he had this past year, but something tells me D has a few other interests that are on equal standing with basketball now and that we won't be seeing too much different from him (in terms of regaining that shooting from the 2009 season back)

All i really hope is for him to stay healthy.
narmerguy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,052

Post#67 » by narmerguy » Sun Sep 9, 2012 4:08 am

"I have one of the best midrange shots in the league" Ehh, Dwyane, just not sure you can say that. It's a good goal to shoot for, but you can't say you currently have it when your midrange shot has been broken for a few years now. He definitely had a really awesome midrange game earlier in his career.
SmushedPennies
Analyst
And1: 211

Post#68 » by SmushedPennies » Sun Sep 9, 2012 4:47 am

Totally agree. Particularly from 2005-7, and then the '09 season. Perfectly fine with him saying it then, but not now, though he did have stretches this past season where he was nailing it at a high rate.

I was watching video of him from '09 and he just looked so much more comfortable and fluid shooting. Gotta get that rhythm back.
ImageImage
Zasterror
RealGM

Post#69 » by Zasterror » Sun Sep 9, 2012 7:08 pm

Wade does have a good mid-range jumper when he gets his feet set and stops fading but he does that all the time. Just hearing him talk about his mid-range is good enough for me; it shows that he is actually trying to improve. It may be not the way we were all thinking but its whatever he feels he needs to adjust and we should be satisfied with that.
TrueRain
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#70 » by TrueRain » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:28 pm

So I'm guessing some of you guys missed the next paragraph in that source where it says he now has a shooting coach lined up? lol

The most important thing in all of that is Wade realizes he has to work on his mechanics. I see his point about his release. I notice a lot of times when he shoots, he doesn't have a good grip on the ball and overcompensates by putting more power into the shot than necessary. He usually does that on step backs.
MartyCONLONNN
Analyst
And1: 2,315

Post#71 » by MartyCONLONNN » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:44 pm

TrueRain wrote:So I'm guessing some of you guys missed the next paragraph in that source where it says he now has a shooting coach lined up? lol

The most important thing in all of that is Wade realizes he has to work on his mechanics. I see his point about his release. I notice a lot of times when he shoots, he doesn't have a good grip on the ball and overcompensates by putting more power into the shot than necessary. He usually does that on step backs.

Ah that was dumb of me... didn't realize there was more in that article. Still my point remains, there's only so much BETTER he can get at shooting for this upcoming season having to concentrate on rehab as well as intensive conditioning. So as long as he stays healthy I think that alone will be great for regaining some kind of rhythm with his shot.
Zasterror
RealGM

Post#72 » by Zasterror » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:01 pm

Judging from the recent training camp pics, Wade looks much lighter and very much in shape. I will be interested to see any news about him fixing his shooting.
FlashFlare
RealGM
And1: 30,615

Post#73 » by FlashFlare » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:46 pm

Never really have to worry about Wade when it comes to being in shape, but yeah the past couple years he's been a little heavier. Glad to see he's cut down the weight. Really, once he fixes his midrange shot, it'll make it so much easier for him to get to the basket.
100% WADEaboo
ricochet
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#74 » by ricochet » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:06 pm

The only thing Wade needs is his midrange jumper.. ie to find his stroke.. That's all.. Gives him so much more confidence once those shots start going in..

If Wade and Bron are on fire.. Nothing in the league can stop them.. absolutely nothing..
Zasterror
RealGM

Post#75 » by Zasterror » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:01 am

Insanity91 wrote:Image

2nd workout... Getting my stroke right..#thed3finitionof...neversettling,always finding ways to improve

Getting my stroke right..

:cool:

DAD ā€@DwyaneWade
Early morning workout today at @proterf.. Repping #IU basketball and @tomcrean...#focused

Props to insanity91
EscapoTHB
Suspended
And1: 1,249

Post#76 » by EscapoTHB » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:47 am

Now that Lebron has sort of set himself up as a power player, playing elbow and down--I think if Wade can get back to the levels of old--he'll fit in a lot better than in the past with Lebron's game. Particularly if he can hit the mid-range again, because that's going to be open every time.

It would be cool if wade has a huge bounce-back year and contends for the MVP next year. Like maybe Lebron could get some rest during the regular season. Let wade, chris, and ray do the heavy lifting.
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#77 » by DWadeno3 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:54 pm

EscapoTHB wrote:Now that Lebron has sort of set himself up as a power player, playing elbow and down--I think if Wade can get back to the levels of old--he'll fit in a lot better than in the past with Lebron's game. Particularly if he can hit the mid-range again, because that's going to be open every time.

It would be cool if wade has a huge bounce-back year and contends for the MVP next year. Like maybe Lebron could get some rest during the regular season. Let wade, chris, and ray do the heavy lifting.

I hope he'll be more assertive and aggressive in terms of scoring the ball. One thing that sometimes pissed me off last season was how passive he could be at times and fall into the pattern of just passing it to LeBron and heck, sometimes even Bosh or Chalmers. Wade is too good of a player and scorer to defer so much and too expensive not to be a 26-28-PPG-per-36-guy on this team. With a more consistent jumper and all the easy baskets those guys deliver each other, I don't see any reason for him not to be up there scoring wise.

#HeatLifer
Chessboxer
Analyst
And1: 585

Post#78 » by Chessboxer » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:58 am

Zasterror wrote:
Insanity91 wrote:Image

2nd workout... Getting my stroke right..#thed3finitionof...neversettling,always finding ways to improve

:cool:

DAD ā€@DwyaneWade
Early morning workout today at @proterf.. Repping #IU basketball and @tomcrean...#focused

Props to insanity91

Wade looks likes he slimmed down quite a bit. I'd like to see him keep it this way throughout the season somewhere around the 220 range. It remains to be seen once training camp starts because Wade is the type of athlete that packs on muscle quite easily. I can see why he bulks up because it gives him an advantage posting up, and taking hits slashing to the rim thereby reducing injury. That being said it would help him agility/stamina wise, and if he's going to be shooting the ball more this year within the Heat offense, a leaner physique might suit him more. His build in 08-09 was perfect.
" What I do is attack your ability. I don't have to stand over you and taunt you. You'll know when it's done that I'm better."

-Micheal Jordan
SmushedPennies
Analyst
And1: 211

Post#79 » by SmushedPennies » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:11 am

Usually he loses weight throughout a season, most notably 05-06 and 08-09.
ImageImage
insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,031

Post#80 » by insfo » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:34 pm

Just got ranked below Kobe & Rose in the ESPN NBA player ranking .. I'm kinda glad actually .. might get him to focus more than just coasting.

Return to Miami Heat