ImageImageImageImage

OT: Non-UCF College Football

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach
And1: 827

OT: Non-UCF College Football 

Post#1 » by Gerhalt11 » Fri Sep 7, 2012 4:52 pm

I know this is late this year, but college football is, of course, timeless, so I don't really feel that bad.

Image Image Image Image

Let the games begin...
Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach

Re: OT: Non-UCF College Football 

Post#2 » by Gerhalt11 » Fri Sep 7, 2012 4:55 pm

My Gators looked less than stellar against Bowling Green last weekend. But Muschamp admitted to handcuffing Pease's playcalling. He wanted to establish the run at all costs, which limited Pease's playbook considerably. Should see a lot more of that Boise State creativity against Texas A&M this week.

A&M's opener was postponed because of the hurricane, and there are pros and cons to that. I think that's why Muschamp didn't want to give the Ags a lot of game tape to work with for this week.

And, oh yeah, we finally have a quarterback. Reports say it was because of Driskel's mobility that he finally got the nod, but wasn't he showing that mobility in practice? I just don't know why it took so long to make that call.

Hopefully, Gislislee can keep up the ground and pound he had going for him last week. An inside presence is something the Gators have lacked for a long time.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#3 » by craig01 » Fri Sep 7, 2012 8:51 pm

He couldn't make a decision perhaps because neither one has distinguished themselves yet.

LOL

It will be an interesting game this saturday.....one, because of the new member (who isn't that good), two, what the talent level at UF really is, and three, how prepared the coaching gets this team.....
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#4 » by Nemesis21 » Fri Sep 7, 2012 10:42 pm

Fear the Spear! --->--->
Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by Gerhalt11 » Fri Sep 7, 2012 11:07 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:Fear the Spear! --->--->

Especially FCS schools, right?
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,114

Post#6 » by Def Swami » Sat Sep 8, 2012 12:44 am

Gerhalt11 wrote:My Gators looked less than stellar against Bowling Green last weekend. But Muschamp admitted to handcuffing Pease's playcalling. He wanted to establish the run at all costs, which limited Pease's playbook considerably. Should see a lot more of that Boise State creativity against Texas A&M this week.

A&M's opener was postponed because of the hurricane, and there are pros and cons to that. I think that's why Muschamp didn't want to give the Ags a lot of game tape to work with for this week.

And, oh yeah, we finally have a quarterback. Reports say it was because of Driskel's mobility that he finally got the nod, but wasn't he showing that mobility in practice? I just don't know why it took so long to make that call.

Hopefully, Gislislee can keep up the ground and pound he had going for him last week. An inside presence is something the Gators have lacked for a long time.

All summer, when I heard we had a QB battle, I knew it meant 1 of 2 things. Either, they were really both so good that they couldn't be distinguished, as was portrayed by the coaching staff. Or they were both mediocre and were simply trying to keep both of their confidences high. Based on what I saw last week, it seemed like the latter. Driskel didn't seem to be an outstanding play maker that could show some consistency at QB.

I was immensely disappointed by our performance last season. It seemed like it was just a repeat of the last 2 seasons. The O-line committing penalties left and right, missing blocks, couldn't convert 3rd and shorts, and dropped passes. The defense did well, as they usually do, but at what point does the Gator offense finally take some pressure off of them? We'll be better than last year, mostly because we play a little easier of a schedule. But, unless I see something different this Saturday, notably the O-line, I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

The one bright spot was Gilislee. But, again, the O-line has to block to give Mike a chance to break through the holes. He's prime to have a great season if he can get the blocking.
Diehardmagicfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#7 » by Diehardmagicfan » Sat Sep 8, 2012 12:49 am

Roll Tide Roll
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#8 » by arsenal6106 » Sat Sep 8, 2012 12:50 am

Man I wish Real Gm had NCAA subforums. I really haven't found a good forum for the Gators yet. ESPN sucks and all the other Gator forums I find online are poorly ran with limited activity. We really have it good here with RealGM Magic.

I know you, VGOSWAMI, DJ and a bunch of other posters are Gator fans. Are you guys part of a Gator forum?
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#9 » by Def Swami » Sat Sep 8, 2012 12:59 am

arsenal6106 wrote:Man I wish Real Gm had NCAA subforums. I really haven't found a good forum for the Gators yet. ESPN sucks and all the other Gator forums I find online are poorly ran with limited activity. We really have it good here with RealGM Magic.

I know you, VGOSWAMI, DJ and a bunch of other posters are Gator fans. Are you guys part of a Gator forum?

There are a lot of them, but for the exact reasons you mentioned, I don't participate in them. Plus, I'm bombarded with so much Gator discussion throughout my day as a student, I don't find myself lurking for online banter as much as I do for the Magic.

This actually is the only forum I post on, because it is so well run, has a great quantity and quality of posters, and it's a massive, comprehensive community of fans from all NBA teams.
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#10 » by arsenal6106 » Sat Sep 8, 2012 1:12 am

VGOSWAMI wrote:
arsenal6106 wrote:Man I wish Real Gm had NCAA subforums. I really haven't found a good forum for the Gators yet. ESPN sucks and all the other Gator forums I find online are poorly ran with limited activity. We really have it good here with RealGM Magic.

There are a lot of them, but for the exact reasons you mentioned, I don't participate in them. Plus, I'm bombarded with so much Gator discussion throughout my day as a student, I don't find myself lurking for online banter as much as I do for the Magic.

This actually is the only forum I post on, because it is so well run, has a great quantity and quality of posters, and it's a massive, comprehensive community of fans from all NBA teams.

I know what you mean there, but after graduation it sucks. I hate talking to the same group of people every week about Gator sports.

Go Gators!
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#11 » by Def Swami » Sat Sep 8, 2012 1:21 am

arsenal6106 wrote:I know what you mean there, but after graduation it sucks. I hate talking to the same group of people every week about Gator sports.

Go Gators!

That's why you got us and this thread :)
AgEnT50
General Manager
And1: 188

Post#12 » by AgEnT50 » Sat Sep 8, 2012 6:43 am

One of my favorite threads on this board!

#ROLLTIDE

Looking forward to the much anticipated Alabama / Arkansas game Sept 15th in Fayetteville
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#13 » by drsd » Sat Sep 8, 2012 6:49 am

FSU is favored over Savannah State by 69 1/2 points. The thing is that the Seminoles would only need to score 2 1/2 touchdowns per quarter to cover.

If FSU puts up a 28 point first quarter, which might be likely, then this game will involve running plans from there on. The backs can put up numbers, so, I like the Seminoles to cover. 2 passing TDs, 6 rushing TDs, one defensive TD, and 1 special teams TD is all that is needed!
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#14 » by Nemesis21 » Sat Sep 8, 2012 6:54 am

Gerhalt11 wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:Fear the Spear! --->--->

Especially FCS schools, right?

Have fun watching the Gators win 6 games, while my Seminoles win the National Championship. :naaa:
AgEnT50
General Manager

Post#15 » by AgEnT50 » Sat Sep 8, 2012 7:40 am

Alright, I'll be the first to talk a little smack

I'm NOT buying the FSU or USC hype! I do not think USC gets to the nat'l title game. I don't see them beating Oregon twice. FSU is FSU IMO. Over-hyped year in & year out. FSU's schedule is a joke! They don't leave the state of FLA until the first week of OCT vs NC State & make their 2nd trip out until Nov 8th in Blacksburg. They will slip up & lose to someone they don't have no business losing to like they always do.

Alabama/LSU will be one half of the nat'l title game, but I really can't say who else at this point. I like Oregon and West Virgina, but I don't know.
AgEnT50
General Manager

Post#16 » by AgEnT50 » Sat Sep 8, 2012 7:43 am

A sleeper is Arkansas. If they beat Bama next sat(hopefully not lol), WATCH OUT. They get LSU at home. They can make some noise!
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#17 » by drsd » Sat Sep 8, 2012 8:34 am

AgEnT50 wrote:Alabama/LSU will be one half of the nat'l title game, ....

Certainly one of these two teams should be in the title. As for the other, if Oklahoma runs the table, their computer scores will be off of the chart. If not, one of the Big-ten teams could run over the rest. Right now, I guess that MSU would be favored. But my Badgers or OSU could also be the Big-ten dark-horse.

I guess I like LSU vs. Oklahoma

Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#18 » by Def Swami » Sat Sep 8, 2012 8:51 am

An SEC team will win the national title. Book it.
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant
And1: 197

Post#19 » by Noonskadoodle » Sat Sep 8, 2012 1:35 pm

VGOSWAMI wrote:An SEC team will win the national title. Book it.

You are really going out on a limb there bud hahaha
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant
And1: 197

Post#20 » by Noonskadoodle » Sat Sep 8, 2012 1:37 pm

drsd wrote:
AgEnT50 wrote:Alabama/LSU will be one half of the nat'l title game, ....

Certainly one of these two teams should be in the title. As for the other, if Oklahoma runs the table, their computer scores will be off of the chart. If not, one of the Big-ten teams could run over the rest. Right now, I guess that MSU would be favored. But my Badgers or OSU could also be the Big-ten dark-horse.

I guess I like LSU vs. Oklahoma

OSU has a bowl ban this year.

Next year is where they are gonna make a ton of noise & be legit Nation Campion contenders.

Return to Orlando Magic