ImageImageImageImageImage

OFFICIAL:I **** HATE DOLAN, THIS ORG, MELO, JR, ETC THREAD

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Nupe_1911
Rookie
And1: 0

Re: OFFICIAL:I **** HATE DOLAN, THIS ORG, MELO, JR, ETC THRE 

Post#1281 » by Nupe_1911 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:41 pm

NYKat wrote:If the Knick start slow this year, the fans will be out for blood. I like this team and want to support them, but Dolans actions this summer, letting Lin walk and talking to Isiah in the wake of Oneils departure, have soured what was a productive off season.

Even though I personally like them, I get the feeling most fans don't find this team very likable and looking at our first 10 games this year it wouldn't surprise me if we get off to slow start before we pick it up and really get rolling, point is, I don't think Dolan has given this team a very large margin of error with the fans and I could see it getting ugly early on if we don't come out the gate strong.

There would be excessive whining and over-reaction if the Knicks start out losing no matter who is on the roster.
siar617
Analyst
And1: 457

Post#1282 » by siar617 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:06 pm

All this crying, we only got better at the pg position. As far as Thomas is concerned we already have an alomost complete team of players that he would like so even if he became the GM it wouldn't change much, unless you're talking about Chris Paul.
EGarrett
Sixth Man
And1: 250

Post#1283 » by EGarrett » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:29 pm

omerome wrote:
EGarrett wrote:Jeremy Lin not wanted.

Isiah Thomas? Coming back.

Why do you guys still root for this pathetic owner's team?

Because jumping ship to another team is something I couldn't do.
Always supported the Nets and the Knicks, even though the Nets made it harder by jumping from NJ.

Dolan just made it impossible for me to root for the Knicks any longer. And I think deep down you understand why.
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#1284 » by AllanHoustonFan » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:30 pm

EGarrett wrote:Because jumping ship to another team is something I couldn't do.
Always supported the Nets and the Knicks, even though the Nets made it harder by jumping from NJ.

Dolan just made it impossible for me to root for the Knicks any longer. And I think deep down you understand why.[/quote]
You're the worst kind of fan. See you in a few years when the Knicks win a ring.
#MKGA
No35
Sixth Man
And1: 613

Post#1285 » by No35 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:44 pm

AllanHoustonFan wrote:You're the worst kind of fan. See you in a few years when the Knicks win a ring.

With a 42 year old Jason Kidd?
Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#1286 » by Falstaffxx » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:36 am

Nupe_1911 wrote:
There would be excessive whining and over-reaction if the Knicks start out losing no matter who is on the roster.

Excessive? Really? Been following the Knicks for the past 10 years? No legit complaints about that, right?
Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#1287 » by Falstaffxx » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:37 am

AllanHoustonFan wrote:
EGarrett wrote:Always supported the Nets and the Knicks, even though the Nets made it harder by jumping from NJ.

Dolan just made it impossible for me to root for the Knicks any longer. And I think deep down you understand why.

You're the worst kind of fan. See you in a few years when the Knicks win a ring.

In a few years we'll either be rebuilding from scratch or re-signing our aging stars to crippling contracts.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,445

Post#1288 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:30 pm

Signing 40 year old dudes to 3 year contracts, letting Lin walk, wooing Isiah, signing Chris Smith.

Typical Dolan moves. Short sighted and dumb.

Not trying to resign Lin was a joke...
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
EGarrett
Sixth Man
And1: 250

Post#1289 » by EGarrett » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:29 am

AllanHoustonFan wrote:You're the worst kind of fan. See you in a few years when the Knicks win a ring.
The worst kind of fan is someone blindly supportive of a malicious and incompetent owner and who is delusional about the team's chances. You don't have to lie to yourself to support your team.
DocZaius
Banned User
And1: 56

Post#1290 » by DocZaius » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:27 am

AllanHoustonFan wrote:
EGarrett wrote:Because jumping ship to another team is something I couldn't do.

You're the worst kind of fan. See you in a few years when the Knicks win a ring.[/quote]

Knicks in a few years

Don't think people will be coming back
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#1291 » by Bill Bradley » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:10 pm

EGarrett wrote:
The worst kind of fan is someone blindly supportive of a malicious and incompetent owner and who is delusional about the team's chances. You don't have to lie to yourself to support your team.

Exactly. Blind supporters who attack other fans are the worst type of fan.

I think this thread is sort of sad. Really, there is no point in bitching about the Knicks. You have an owner who seems to hate Knick fans and has no intention of putting a championship contending team out there. The only thing a self-respecting long-time Knick fan should do at this point is to boycott the team until Dolan is gone.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,445

Post#1292 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:35 pm

Bill Bradley wrote:
EGarrett wrote:

I think this thread is sort of sad. Really, there is no point in bitching about the Knicks. You have an owner who seems to hate Knick fans and has no intention of putting a championship contending team out there. The only thing a self-respecting long-time Knick fan should do at this point is to boycott the team until Dolan is gone.

I no longer even have any self-respect
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Quick Kick
Banned User
And1: 123

Post#1293 » by Quick Kick » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:21 pm

EGarrett wrote:

Truth. Great response.

The only thing that could make me jump ship for good is Isiah becoming GM-President-coach-towel boy-bathroom janitor-etc. once again. Once Dolan does that.....fk the Knicks, Id wash my hands clean after 20 years of fandom.
drtran117
Junior
And1: 1

Post#1294 » by drtran117 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:40 pm

So I took a hiatus because of all the Lin furor and now I'm back. Anyone kind enough to fill me in on what's happened so far?
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,306

Post#1295 » by cgmw » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:01 pm

Bill Bradley wrote:
EGarrett wrote:

I think what's sad is that Mods felt the need to include Melo and JR Smith in the thread title. Whatever faction of fans are upset with Carmelo or JR should be kept entirely separate from those who recognize and want to call out the real problem -- namely, ownership.

To me, it's sad because it promotes an almost fascist "love it or GTFO" discourse that belittles any serious commentary about the flaws of ownership/management. You can't pigeonhole Dolan hate in the same category as Melo hate or even Lin/Gallo love.

To me, it's sad how long it's taken fans to come around to the idea that the real problem here isn't Carmelo Anthony or Mike D'Antoni or Shandon Anderson or even Isiah Thomas. The real problem is that fans keep coming back for more and more of Jim Dolan's crap. If there's widespread scapegoating of everybody else, then Dolan can keep on keeping on with his parade of horrible management forever.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
GettinitDone
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,774

Post#1296 » by GettinitDone » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:23 am

If Dolan was a president or PM or leader in some Middle East country, he'd have gone into hiding now, much like the fugitive Iraq VP who was sentenced to death. He'd tear down a sports team, organization, city or country. I think it's a serious matter how this fool is tearing down our beloved team. We just haven't taken it seriously to the point he's forced to sell. To me, if the majority of (especially large) fanbase of a sports franchise feel and think that the owner is incompetent (in his case, VERY incompetent), they should be able to voice this case be heard by the city's mayor (Bloomberg) and legitimately and lawfully demand the owner sell the team. Isn't it sad if you think there's a possibility that Dolan would be the owner of Knicks in our lifetime?
siar617
Analyst
And1: 457

Post#1297 » by siar617 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:04 am

Please come back Thomas these guys are annoying.
No35
Sixth Man
And1: 613

Post#1298 » by No35 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:18 am

siar617 wrote:Please come back Thomas these guys are annoying.

You are a sadist.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#1299 » by Sark » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:53 pm

Dolan gets a bad rap, which is somewhat undeserved. He has basically given his GMs an open check to acquire whatever talent they can. In almost every other setting, this is not a bad thing. The problem is the restrictive NBA system, in which the fate of a team is completely tied to ping pong balls in the draft lottery.

If you want to see a really bad owner look at Robert Sarver, who sells draft picks for extra cash.
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,695

Post#1300 » by omerome » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:04 pm

Sark wrote:Dolan gets a bad rap, which is somewhat undeserved. He has basically given his GMs an open check to acquire whatever talent they can. In almost every other setting, this is not a bad thing. The problem is the restrictive NBA system, in which the fate of a team is completely tied to ping pong balls in the draft lottery.

If you want to see a really bad owner look at Robert Sarver, who sells draft picks for extra cash.

He gets a bad rap partly because of who he associates himself with. Staying friends with someone who put the franchise through perhaps it's most embarassing period is inexcusable. If I was hired someone who cost my company several millions of dollars in damages and changed the perception of the company negatively, I would not want to be involved with that person anymore.

How can you stay friends with someone like that?

Return to New York Knicks