ImageImageImageImageImage

OFFICIAL:I **** HATE DOLAN, THIS ORG, MELO, JR, ETC THREAD

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

GettinitDone
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,774

Re: OFFICIAL:I **** HATE DOLAN, THIS ORG, MELO, JR, ETC THRE 

Post#1321 » by GettinitDone » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:45 am

I'd say let's give it all we've got in supporting the Knicks, the basketball club.

But let's banish Dolan, and players/ coaches who have their personal agendas ahead of Knicks because these people are the real parasites we wanna get rid of, they make the Knicks have a bad name. They are people who happen to be associated with Knicks.

It's the Knicks we must protect from these people. It should be our unofficial mission to do whatever it takes to make sure these people are no longer associated with Knicks. Love the basketball club, hate the scum.
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#1322 » by Bill Bradley » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:15 am

GettinitDone wrote:I'd say let's give it all we've got in supporting the Knicks, the basketball club.

But let's banish Dolan, and players/ coaches who have their personal agendas ahead of Knicks because these people are the real parasites we wanna get rid of, they make the Knicks have a bad name. They are people who happen to be associated with Knicks.

It's the Knicks we must protect from these people. It should be our unofficial mission to do whatever it takes to make sure these people are no longer associated with Knicks. Love the basketball club, hate the scum.

It is not possible to separate the two. The way I show my love for the team is to not support Dolan and Isiah and their terrible moves. This team is rotting from the top down. Good luck picking and choosing who you should be rooting for. Management and players have more personal agendas than any other team IMO.
GettinitDone
Lead Assistant

Post#1323 » by GettinitDone » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:53 am

^The Knicks have been around when most of these scums were not even born. The Knicks are our treasure and pride. The scums are scums. Think of the Knicks as an entity that is pure and innocent and needs to be protected. We absolutely can separate the two.
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#1324 » by Bill Bradley » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:18 pm

GettinitDone wrote:^The Knicks have been around when most of these scums were not even born. The Knicks are our treasure and pride. The scums are scums. Think of the Knicks as an entity that is pure and innocent and needs to be protected. We absolutely can separate the two.

Curious as to how you are going to do that? How are you going to go to games or buy Knicks merchandise or subscribe to MSG or support them in other ways without letting Dolan and his cronies profit?
Quick Kick
Banned User
And1: 123

Post#1325 » by Quick Kick » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:16 pm

Bill is right. Dolan isnt going anywhere. Neither is Isiah. You cant seperate the Knicks as a franchise from those two until they die. How do you plan on getting rid of them otherwise? Dolan doesnt give a fk if all 5 boroughs protest his ownership. As long as fans buy tickets and merchandise, hes content with staying right where he is.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,307

Post#1326 » by cgmw » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:34 pm

Quick Kick wrote:Bill is right. Dolan isnt going anywhere. Neither is Isiah. You cant seperate the Knicks as a franchise from those two until they die. How do you plan on getting rid of them otherwise? Dolan doesnt give a fk if all 5 boroughs protest his ownership. As long as fans buy tickets and merchandise, hes content with staying right where he is.

He doesn't need to sell the team (or die). All he needs to do is step aside and let an actual basketball person set the agenda. As it stands, I think he's having too much fun running the Knicks as his own personal Isiah Thomas social club. If he were more widely vilified, maybe he'd just get fed up, say F it, and hire Phil Jackson and Jerry Coangelo.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Quick Kick
Banned User

Post#1327 » by Quick Kick » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:43 pm

I think thats the root of the problem though. What are the odds Dolan wakes up one morning and decides to stop being a rouge owner who plays by his own set of rules? Hes an entitled, filthy rich jerk who was born with a silver spoon up his ass. We can villify him all year round. Hes so headstrong that it wouldnt budge him. Hoping the fans can change his ways is wishful thinking, Im afraid.
cgmw
RealGM

Post#1328 » by cgmw » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:46 pm

He's also vain, hates criticism, and has other pathetic hobbies to spend time on. If he becomes the back-page face of all Knick-fan hate, if it's his name that gets chanted every night (DO-LAN SUCKS), then maybe the whole point of having a sports team vanity project will be defeated.

Untill now, Dolan's always been insulated by a litany of fall guys. He's never had to endure the full force of NY fans' hate. But with Isiah gone, Walsh gone, D'Antoni gone, Marbury gone, Curry gone, etc. etc. I think there is starting to be more awareness among the general public that the person responsible for the bullsh*t basketball in NY is James Dolan.

Even with yes-men puppets installed at coach and GM, Dolan only has one or maybe two more scapegoats protecting him from being the primary object of NY sports fan hate.

If things go wrong this season, the first person to get run out on a rail will be Amar'e Stoudemire. The back pages will absolutely tear him apart this spring if the Knicks disappoint in the playoffs.

After Amar'e is gone, I guess it's Carmelo. At that point, my hope is the media backs Melo and turns with full force on Dolan. People keep saying there's no hope that he'll quit, but I'm not so sure. If Dolan becomes a daily object or ridicule and hate in the popular media, I don't see why he'd want to deal with it. Certainly, he doesn't need the money and he's already shown hypersensitivity to criticism in the past. I could totally see him just bow out and let somebody else deal with the headaches.
siar617
Analyst
And1: 457

Post#1329 » by siar617 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:18 am

Bill Bradley wrote:
GettinitDone wrote:I'd say let's give it all we've got in supporting the Knicks, the basketball club.

It is not possible to separate the two. The way I show my love for the team is to not support Dolan and Isiah and their terrible moves. This team is rotting from the top down. Good luck picking and choosing who you should be rooting for. Management and players have more personal agendas than any other team IMO.

Then just be gone hater.
siar617
Analyst
And1: 457

Post#1330 » by siar617 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:23 am

With all the comrade-re we got going, all the feel good stories going this off season where do you haters get this fuel from. 100 pages of hate just stop watching posting or associating your miserable selves wit us. :evil:
You guys are the only scum around here
DrKnick
Starter
And1: 580

Post#1331 » by DrKnick » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:13 am

I think I'm in the wrong thread.
No35
Sixth Man
And1: 613

Post#1332 » by No35 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:47 am

siar617 wrote:With all the comrade-re we got going, all the feel good stories going this off season where do you haters get this fuel from. 100 pages of hate just stop watching posting or associating your miserable selves wit us. :evil:

How fortunate Jim Dolan is to have lovable losers like you defend his money for free.
knicksnyk
Sixth Man
And1: 42

Post#1333 » by knicksnyk » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:49 am

No35 wrote:
siar617 wrote:With all the comrade-re we got going, all the feel good stories going this off season where do you haters get this fuel from. 100 pages of hate just stop watching posting or associating your miserable selves wit us. :evil:

How fortunate Jim Dolan is to have lovable losers like you defend his money for free.

we have fans telling other fans how to b a fan. lmao what are you the fan police? i hope dolan signs you a check for all the police work you do for him big brother style.
cgmw
RealGM

Post#1334 » by cgmw » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Listen, I don't expect to convince you. Hell, I barely expect you to read responses. But I'm going to say this anyway:

Do you know one of the biggest reasons the Knicks have sucked for so long?

You.

I mean, not you specifically siar617, but the young or naive or rose-colored optimist who's easily excited by a single YouTube clip or flashy personnel move. Jim Dolan butters his bread with fans like you. It's the excitability of the masses that enables Dolan to run such a shoddy organization.

Ewing's gone? How do we rebuild? I know, let's trade the farm for Stephon Marbury! That'll sell tickets! Oh wait, Marbury's not enough? I know, let's give the full MLE to Jared Jeffries, Jerome Jordan. That'll keep'em comin back for sure. Crap, still not good? Hmm, let's trade whatever draft picks we have left for Eddy Curry! Wait, that's still not enough? Zach Randolph!!! They scurred now!

Is there camaraderie on the Knicks? Should we be happy to have two Olympians on the roster? Does it look like we might actually win a playoff series for the first time in over a decade? Absolutely. Yes to all of that. Am I excited? Sure I am. I love playoff games. I love that Carmelo is a Knick. I get chills watching Iman Shumpert's spoken word about his late Aunt. But that doesn't change one important fact.

You're being sold a bill of goods, my friend. Let's be realistic here. This team isn't going anywhere because it was built by a blind man and is run by schmucks. I know it's hard to see because he's not right there on the court when things go bad, but make no mistake: The owner of this team is killing this team. And he's banking on you and your dollars being so blinded by the short-term excitement that you don't even notice.

The most vocal people in this thread happen to be fans who've stuck around through thick and thin. Stick around a while. See how you feel if they still haven't won more than 1 playoff game 13 years from now.
Quick Kick
Banned User

Post#1335 » by Quick Kick » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:13 pm

ROFL @ "comrade-re"
GettinitDone
Lead Assistant

Post#1336 » by GettinitDone » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:14 pm

I've been negotiating for a living the past few years, I know for a fact that making business decisions based on emotions is bad business. Dolan inheriting his riches from his dad is the real problem imo, he never knows what it takes/ use his own effort to get there. He never appreciates small things because he's always been handed big things from since he was born, that's why e.g. losing Lin and replacing with Felton although it is clearly a downgrade at a position, he views the downgrade as "small" and doesn't believe a change in one part can dramatically alter the way other parts work as a whole.

He plays this money game like he has nothing to lose because he thinks if he loses millions, he still has a billion plus more in his bank. Losing money, even if it's small in proportion to your income (in Dolan's case, his networth) is never a good thing. But the Knicks as an organization NEVER lose money, and the profits outweigh the bad decisions he has made and that's really why he never feels like he takes a hit, which never really propels him to have a bit sense of urgency/ sense of responsibility towards the very consumers who generate the profits for him.

Dolan is not a bad guy, I believe he just doesn't understand how money works. Don't get me wrong, he has tons of money and an asset (Knicks) that is loss-proof but he never knows how it works, he never sees the "value" the Knicks give fans, the very people who pay money and generate the profits into his bank account in return for that "value". He knows the Knicks have "value" for sure, but never figures out what that "value" really is and never bothers to find out, or be at least curious to find out. Not when the asset never puts him in a hot seat position. This asset never loses and always makes money for its owner! How can he ever be in hot seat?
Mr_Perfect
Head Coach
And1: 2,931

Post#1337 » by Mr_Perfect » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:06 am

cgmw wrote:He's also vain, hates criticism, and has other pathetic hobbies to spend time on. If he becomes the back-page face of all Knick-fan hate, if it's his name that gets chanted every night (DO-LAN SUCKS), then maybe the whole point of having a sports team vanity project will be defeated.

Untill now, Dolan's always been insulated by a litany of fall guys. He's never had to endure the full force of NY fans' hate. But with Isiah gone, Walsh gone, D'Antoni gone, Marbury gone, Curry gone, etc. etc. I think there is starting to be more awareness among the general public that the person responsible for the bullsh*t basketball in NY is James Dolan.

Even with yes-men puppets installed at coach and GM, Dolan only has one or maybe two more scapegoats protecting him from being the primary object of NY sports fan hate.

If things go wrong this season, the first person to get run out on a rail will be Amar'e Stoudemire. The back pages will absolutely tear him apart this spring if the Knicks disappoint in the playoffs.

After Amar'e is gone, I guess it's Carmelo. At that point, my hope is the media backs Melo and turns with full force on Dolan. People keep saying there's no hope that he'll quit, but I'm not so sure. If Dolan becomes a daily object or ridicule and hate in the popular media, I don't see why he'd want to deal with it. Certainly, he doesn't need the money and he's already shown hypersensitivity to criticism in the past. I could totally see him just bow out and let somebody else deal with the headaches.

If Dolan cared about how he is perceived he wouldn't try hiring back Isiah and referencing him any chance he gets. Dolan is the ultimate egomaniac who actually is fueled by hate. He goes out there doing it his own way, trying to prove everyone wrong but fails miserably every time. He actually is more stubborn when people hate on him than when they don't. Remember the Walsh era? Everything was going smoothly, people praising Walsh and not Dolan for the Knicks success, and Dolan gets all hot and bothered and gets rid of Walsh within 2 years. He's not changing, though. People like this never change. We're stuck with him till his demise.
EGarrett
Sixth Man
And1: 250

Post#1338 » by EGarrett » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:53 am

I summarize myself thusly: I like the city, the fans, the players, and the history. But I do not support James Dolan and never will.

I also agree with the guy who said that the fans should turn on him completely and start chanting stuff like "F**** You Dolan (clap clap clapclapclap)" loudly and viciously during games. If they make a habit of it and turn it really ugly, it may stop being fun for him and that's the only way you can get his greasy hairy fat little fingers off of the franchise.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#1339 » by Little Digger » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:13 pm

Danilo Gallinari: 'Isiah Thomas back to New York? This is the reason why the Knicks will never win'

ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#1340 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:48 pm

James Dolan is a punk ass bitch. Hope he catches crabs.

Return to New York Knicks