ImageImageImageImageImage

New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,607

New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thread 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Sat Oct 6, 2012 8:13 am

Knicks Users,

As everyone, new guidelines that will go into effect Monday October 15 have been announced.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1207044

This is a thread for everyone to ask questions regarding these guidelines and so we can address any concerns anyone may have.

So, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks!
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,539

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#2 » by ctorres » Sat Oct 6, 2012 9:31 am

Let NetsFanCheryl have his old name back.

Other than that, I got no problem with the guidelines.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#3 » by Howard Mass » Sat Oct 6, 2012 10:07 am

NetsFanCheryl will be eligible to change their username on January 2 at 10 PM EST.

That is less than three months away.

21shumpshumpst
Banned User
And1: 36

Post#4 » by 21shumpshumpst » Sat Oct 6, 2012 1:38 pm

The new guidelines are good but what is considered a bait thread?

Is Melo/Felton looks slim a bait thread? I mean you know that is going to get people who don't agree furious.

Also, how do you address people who are constantly negative on the threads?

I mean just the other day we have a game 4 of training camp thread and immediately in turns in to a discussion of Melo's armsleeves and how he should not wear them during practice. Also, how our team is old and Camby got injured. It boils my blood when I see this and obviously want to make a snippy comment back. But apparently with these new guidelines I will be banned for that.

I seriously would like a bit more clarity of this.
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,385

Post#5 » by NYKat » Sat Oct 6, 2012 3:01 pm

Wait, so this means I can't call out all the people who trash talked the team all the summer when we're winning the division this year? I've been taking names and everything!
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#6 » by br7knicks » Sat Oct 6, 2012 3:50 pm

lol i like how our forum is so bad that we have to have rules.

i agree that it gets out of hand here.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#7 » by AllanHoustonFan » Sat Oct 6, 2012 10:22 pm

It's about time you guys addressed this. Hopefully this board will be bearable again.
#MKGA
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#8 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Oct 6, 2012 11:44 pm

No disrespect but I'll believe the enforcement when I see it.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#9 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Oct 6, 2012 11:51 pm

21shumpshumpst wrote:The new guidelines are good but what is considered a bait thread?

Is Melo/Felton looks slim a bait thread? I mean you know that is going to get people who don't agree furious.

I mean just the other day we have a game 4 of training camp thread and immediately in turns in to a discussion of Melo's armsleeves and how he should not wear them during practice. Also, how our team is old and Camby got injured. It boils my blood when I see this and obviously want to make a snippy comment back. But apparently with these new guidelines I will be banned for that.

Baiting topics are just topics that are made in order to incite people / create problems. So, yeah, I'd say a topic complaining about how fat Melo and Felton are would fall into that category...especially when you consider how much hate those two players get here. Baiting comments will not go unpunished either, so no worries there. As a mod, it would be nice to have posters actually report the bad posts (even if they are on the line) -- let us make the decision. We cannot see every post...so reporting them would make our lives easier.

AllanHoustonFan wrote:It's about time you guys addressed this. Hopefully this board will be bearable again.

It will be.

Thugger HBC wrote:No disrespect but I'll believe the enforcement when I see it.

It'll happen. No worries. I can't speak for the other mods, but I have been taking more action in recent weeks than I have previously -- giving more warnings, etc.

We're just trying to clean up the forum. Things have gone sour recently (starting a year and a half ago) and we want to stop it NOW.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,432

Post#10 » by j4remi » Sat Oct 6, 2012 11:53 pm

21shumpshumpst wrote:The new guidelines are good but what is considered a bait thread?

There's a big difference between being a bit snippy and outright insulting someone for defending a player. The general idea here is to curb the derailed discussions and outright flaming that we were letting slide with respect to people's emotions after the tumultuous season.

As for negativity, if it's in the realm of intelligent (using that term loosely :P ) discussion...good...but the derailing, insulting and baiting as well as negativity just for negativity's sake is going to be taken on.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Oct 7, 2012 12:05 am

I see that eyesore came down finally.

That's a plus all to itself.

NYK Mentality
Banned User
And1: 25

Post#12 » by NYK Mentality » Sun Oct 7, 2012 12:51 am

I've always been known as a homer, but I'm sorry, if Felton is not only playing bad but also looking bad ala out of shape? Sorry, but I'm discussing it. Not as a "bait thread" but as a Knicks basketball fan.

Now, I do agree. This place needs rules (or morals). Whenever you have hundreds of posters/people, there needs to be a line you don't cross.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#13 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sun Oct 7, 2012 12:55 am

NYK Mentality wrote:I've always been known as a homer, but I'm sorry, if Felton is not only playing bad but also looking bad ala out of shape? Sorry, but I'm discussing it. Not as a "bait thread" but as a Knicks basketball fan.

Now, I do agree. This place needs rules (or morals). Whenever you have hundreds of posters/people, there needs to be a line you don't cross.

Sure, if he's playing badly then yeah...obviously we can discuss it. But we've had threads in the past focused solely on Melo and Felton's playing weight. We don't need that, IMO.
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM

Post#14 » by AllanHoustonFan » Sun Oct 7, 2012 1:07 am

NYK Mentality wrote:I've always been known as a homer, but I'm sorry, if Felton is not only playing bad but also looking bad ala out of shape? Sorry, but I'm discussing it. Not as a "bait thread" but as a Knicks basketball fan.

All the mods are trying to do is have constructive topics instead of, for example, "LOLZ MELLOWZ IZ FAT, LIN IZ GAWD" threads floating around like we had this offseason.
#MKGA
NYK Mentality
Banned User
And1: 25

Post#15 » by NYK Mentality » Sun Oct 7, 2012 1:22 am

AllanHoustonFan wrote:

All the mods are trying to do is have constructive topics instead of, for example, "LOLZ MELLOWZ IZ FAT, LIN IZ GAWD" threads floating around like we had this offseason.

So says the guy with an avatar of Felton over weight :lol: sorry, just made me laugh. But I agree.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Oct 7, 2012 1:24 am

NYK Mentality wrote:
AllanHoustonFan wrote:

So says the guy with an avatar of Felton over weight :lol: sorry, just made me laugh. But I agree.

That is funny. :lol:

AllanHoustonFan
RealGM

Post#17 » by AllanHoustonFan » Sun Oct 7, 2012 1:24 am

NYK Mentality wrote:
AllanHoustonFan wrote:

lol I forgot all about that avatar :lol: . I'm going to change it now.
#MKGA
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,588

Post#18 » by Stannis » Sun Oct 7, 2012 5:22 am

Howard Mass wrote:Knicks Users,

As everyone, new guidelines that will go into effect Monday October 15 have been announced.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1207044

This is a thread for everyone to ask questions regarding these guidelines and so we can address any concerns anyone may have.

So, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks!

Where can we discuss Jeremy Lin? The mods put a lock on Jeremy Lin, and Rockets do not like when we come to their boards to discuss Jeremy Lin.

Do posters who are really insecure and ultra defensive about Melo get any sort of punishment as well? Sometimes they will go into a thread and start off by posting something like:

"Yea its Melo fault, he is not a team player, he is out of shape"

And this is before anyone even says anything about him.
Free Palestine
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#19 » by Howard Mass » Sun Oct 7, 2012 8:04 am

Shpati21,

I am actually going to leave this to The Knicks Moderators to decide. They know best how to run this forum and I do like to give the Moderators some creative control on the forums.

BOOMbip
Banned User
And1: 170
Location: The views expressed are intended for entertaiment purposes only

Post#20 » by BOOMbip » Sun Oct 7, 2012 8:06 am

I don't really know how this is going to work but it will be interesting to see how it will. :lol:

Return to New York Knicks